EPKK Kraków Balice 2012

Latest version: v1.3 (2012)

Archive only - support discontinued
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

No problem - updates 1.1 are very common as it is not possible to test/check everything.
Rafal

Post by Rafal »

Good evening, Staszek!

The airport is great without a doubt. One of the nicest I've ever flown around in the MFS series.
However, shame on me, it was not until today that I found some time to make a short VFR tour over the Cracow centre. Especially that I spent many of my years in that city.
So, well....

Just to make sure: is this what the main square was planned to look like?
The UNESCO's World Heritage old town (Europe's largest medieval town square) made of blocks of flats? :?

I understand the airport was the priority and it is undoubtedly top quality. And the generic blocks on approach to 25 do create a nice realistic 3D feeling, surely appreciated by many, including myself.
But since the product is advertised as featuring 'the whole city of Kraków with high quality photoreal ground', I would like to know if you have any plans to improve the city centre to be more custom and less generic.
Or, if not, have you, or any simmer reading my words, tested this addon with the freeware VFR Balice ext II (seen below) available in the AVSIM file library?

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Negative, however the look of the blocks will depend on what add-on you have installed. And they will look much more "Cracovian" in FSX as well.
miloszes
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by miloszes »

Do you plan to provide X-Plane 10 version?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

It would probably depend on X-plane 10 popularity.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

If you have experienced any CTDs (Crash To Desktop) when using our EPKK scenery and you have our Polish Airports vol.1 installed, please remove the EPKTOkolice.bgl file from FS2004 \ Addon Scenery \ Polish Airports vol.1 \ EPKT \ Scenery ! Removing that file will also improve performance.

Jeśli podczas lotów do Krakowa przydarzył Ci się CTD (Crash To Desktop - niespodziewane wyjście na pulpit) i masz zainstalowany nasz pakiet lotnisk Polish Airports vol.1, usuń plik EPKTOkolice.bgl z folderu FS2004 \ Addon Scenery \ Polish Airports vol.1 \ EPKT \ Scenery ! Usunięcie tego pliku polepszy również wydajność.
pawel
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by pawel »

Mam pytanie - Wersja 1.0 zakupiona w sklepie SIMSHACK.net, nie można pobrać wersji 1.1 bezpłatnie. Zgodnie z informacją najpierw zalogowałem się, a następnie próbowałem pobrać scenerię. Następuje przekierowanie na Pay Pal i oczekuje zapłaty.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Witam. Nie mam tam konta więc trudno mi powiedzieć jak jest skonstruowane, jednak w kazdym sklepie internetowym jest możliwość ponownego pobrania zakupionego pliku. Właśnie to należy zrobić, nie trzeba drugi raz zamawiać. Możliwe tez, ze Simshack jeszcze nie załadowal update - u nich trwa to 2-3 tygodnie. Tylko na Simmarketcie pojawia się po dwóch godzinach od wysłania. Jeśli bedą problemy, proszę rownież interweniować w sklepie - ma on obowiązek udostępnić zaktualizowana wersje bezpłatnie.

PS. Proszę nie cytowac całych postów.
pawel
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by pawel »

Dziêki, w takim razie poczekam a¿ zaktualizuj±.
os9800
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Looks crazy....

Post by os9800 »

Hello!
Have just purchased EPKK 2012- and it is absolut amazing! Great job!

But I have a problem:
At both ends of the runway are large areas of standard green textures.

Look here:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-0cIv ... EPKK_1.jpg

Any hints to solve this?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Ok. This one looks really weird :D

- Do you have any other addons installer for that area?
- Do you have 9.1 patch installed for FS2004?
- Have you installed our EPKK into the default directory selected by the installer?
- Does this green areas show also when EPKK is marked as inactive in Scenery Library?
- Did you try reinstalling the scenery?

Its hard to say from the screenshot... but is the city photorealistic ground visible at all?
Vicarek
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by Vicarek »

Rafal wrote:Or, if not, have you, or any simmer reading my words, tested this addon with the freeware VFR Balice ext II (seen below) available in the AVSIM file library?
Yes I have. It works with the new EPKK scenery, although may slow down the framerate, or in some cases cause CTD. In my FS2004 I got CTD regardlessly of this add-on installed.
If placed higher in the library, it will surpass the DD's Old City. It may seem much nicer, however, there are no night textures included, leaving a black hole in the heart of the town.
Regards,
R.
os9800
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by os9800 »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Ok. This one looks really weird :D
- Does this green areas show also when EPKK is marked as inactive in Scenery Library?
YES!

shows also when EPKK is deactivated - it looks then like this:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-1AwQ ... EPKK_2.jpg

But first... many thanks for Your answer. I will check the items you requested as soon as possible!

[ Added: Thu Jan 05, 2012 14:40 ]
DD Stanislaw wrote: - Do you have any other addons installer for that area?
Only your polish airports vol2
DD Stanislaw wrote: - Do you have 9.1 patch installed for FS2004?
YES
DD Stanislaw wrote: - Have you installed our EPKK into the default directory selected by the installer?
YES
DD Stanislaw wrote: - Did you try reinstalling the scenery?
YES - deleted first ver and reinstalled the newer version from 2 days ago.
DD Stanislaw wrote: Its hard to say from the screenshot... but is the city photorealistic ground visible at all?
YES - the city of Krakow looks very nice:-)

There was a failure in scenery.cfg - after renumbering it looks much better. But there is still something strange: A small field west of airport is still green:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-V0j9 ... EPKK_4.jpg

And the eastern part looks also crazy:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-q8VV ... EPKK_3.jpg

Is this real?
marcpro
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by marcpro »

DD Stanislaw wrote:It would probably depend on X-plane 10 popularity.
Taking into account latest news about MS Flight - I'm waiting for Your X-Plane 10 sceneries.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Gunnar, I think that you have some other addon installed (west side) and twicked your cfg files with better terrain values (east side). I can't do anything with the east side. You can try to change back the terrain data or do this: http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/view ... =1644#1644 . Regarding the west side - I have never seen anything like that. Maybe you have installed some other EPKK scenery/AFCAD, like AoP (Aerodromes of Poland) addon?