EPKK Kraków Balice 2012

Latest version: v1.3 (2012)

Archive only - support discontinued
os9800
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by os9800 »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Gunnar, I think that you have some other addon installed (west side) and twicked your cfg files with better terrain values (east side). I can't do anything with the east side. You can try to change back the terrain data or do this: http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/view ... =1644#1644 . Regarding the west side - I have never seen anything like that. Maybe you have installed some other EPKK scenery/AFCAD, like AoP (Aerodromes of Poland) addon?
Stanislaw, Your support is super fast - thanks!
Yes, there was a freeware EPKK-Scenery on my HDD before I purchased EPKK2012. I deleted the whole folder - so I'm wondering that it still affects the new EPKK2012. Could it be possible that the old freeware changed something with the FS9-standard-scenery-files?
I didn't found further AFCAD-files, only the new one from your scenery.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hmm.., Hard to say. I don't know the structure of that installer. What about other seasons - summer, fall and night?
os9800
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by os9800 »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Hmm.., Hard to say. I don't know the structure of that installer. What about other seasons - summer, fall and night?
I will check the other seasons and keep you update! (I'll try this on saturday )

Perhaps You know the name of the FS9-standard-scenery-files concerning EPKK (those like AP*.bgl...). Some freeware installers rename or move the FS9-files and use own substitutes...
Menemeth
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice (EPKK)

Post by Menemeth »

VIEW ENTIRE SLIDESHOW HERE

John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice (in Polish since 4 September 2007: Kraków Airport im. Jana Pawla II; earlier in Polish: Miedzynarodowy Port Lotniczy im. Jana Pawla II Kraków-Balice) (IATA: KRK, ICAO: EPKK) is an international airport located near Kraków, in the village of Balice, 11 km (6.8 mi) west of the city centre, in southern Poland. The airport has one concrete runway, number 07/25, 2550x60m. The airport can handle such a large aircraft as Boeing 747-400.

The airport opened for civil aviation in 1964. EPKK is the second busiest airport in the country after Warsaw Frederic Chopin Airport. The airport has good growth prospects, as almost 8 million people live within 100 km (62 mi) of it. The airport also has a favourable location on the network of existing and planned motorways in this region of Poland, but it faces stiff competition from the nearby EPKT Katowice International Airport in Pyrzowice and other Polish airports like EPRZ Rzeszów. In 1995 the airport's name was changed from Kraków-Balice Airport to John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice, to honor Pope John Paul II who spent many years of his life in Kraków.

In 2003, when Irish low-cost carrier Ryanair became interested in starting a service from the John Paul II International Airport, the airport authorities refused to reduce the airport fee. In response, the regional authorities of Kraków and Lesser Poland Voivodeship decided to build a new airport near the existing one, using the infrastructure of the military airbase adjacent to the shared runway. Finally an agreement was reached, and the existing airport was opened to Ryanair and other low-cost carriers such as Germanwings, EasyJet and Centralwings. Over the past number of years low cost carrier Ryanair have grown services from Krakow Airport and since May 2010 Ryanair had 20 routes from the airport. The busiest international routes are to London (Gatwick, Stansted, Luton) and Dublin. On 28 August 2007, a Ryanair flight from Shannon suffered a bird strike on its final approch and blew its front tires during landing, resulting in an airport closure for a few hours and requiring an emergency evacuation of the aircraft. There were no injuries and the aircraft sustained no further damage.

WARNING!: View slideshows at your own risk & have your popcorn ready! Perhaps coffee too!....ENJOY!

VIEW ENTIRE SLIDESHOW HERE

Thank You for a GREAT scenery! :D
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Thanks! Great slideshow. Please install the 1.1 version to have TWR floor textures correctly displayed!
Menemeth
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Menemeth »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Thanks! Great slideshow. Please install the 1.1 version to have TWR floor textures correctly displayed!
Thanks for the heads-up, I forgot about that....
kubw19
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by kubw19 »

Wow. This slideshow is amazing :)
pinno737
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by pinno737 »

Any news for the FSX version? :wink:
Sebastian
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Sebastian »

Hello Stanislaw,

do you have some information about the FSX version? Cant await... :D
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

It is under construction. As always, we are making it with FSX tools and fully compatible with that sim, not just a convert. It takes some time. I have confirmed date of the end of February.
Sebastian
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Sebastian »

Great ! :D
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

It is a pleasure for me to inform you that our EPKK Kraków Balice 2012 for FS2004 is now compatible with AES v2.21 and higher!
kubw19
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by kubw19 »

Are you going to make EPKK for FSX compatibile with AES?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I guess Oliver Pabst already used our FSX AFCAD for that.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Very nice review of our EPKK Kraków Balice 2011!