UUEE Moscow Sheremetyevo 2015

Latest version: v1.8 (2016)

Archive only - support discontinued
BAW9DV
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by BAW9DV »

Stan,
UUEE for FS9 (just as the XP version) does not include any moving traffic. Why have you thought it does?
My apologies - I guess I mis-read that. I assmued that it did. I'm sorry.
Yes, that snow texture is my programming fault but it will switch to a correct texture in a week (December 1st).
Ok, thats fine - again thank you for a very brilliant piece of work and for continuing to support FS9 users.

Kind rergards,

Lee
Lee James
Senior Captain
Events Manager
British Airways Virtual
Petrovich
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Petrovich »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Yes, that snow texture is my programming fault but it will switch to a correct texture in a week (December 1st).
When will it be fixed?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Oleg, I am sorry, but you have already earned a 30 day ban to this forum, not without a reason. Isn't this enough? I don't like banning our customers!

Why am I writing this? Simply because the answer to your question is in your own post, where you are quoting my message. Why don't you just read it again.

If the answer is still unclear, here is a better one - if you want to fly prior to the mentioned date, simply select December 1st in your sim to have everything look correctly. Obviously this issue will be fixed in the next update but its release date is unknown.
Petrovich
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Petrovich »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Obviously this issue will be fixed in the next update but its release date is unknown.
That's what I asked you about. Thanks.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Well, the point is that the next time you will probably see this issue will be November 2015 and it will be displayed for about a week (without an update). No panic.
Dianov
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by Dianov »

Good day!
I have a problem. Double gate with AES 2.37.
Zorropisa
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

landclass files

Post by Zorropisa »

Hello,

The Landclass files for UUEE are LD_5712.bgl and LD_5812.bgl. Originally they were placed in the UUEE scenery folder, which caused OOM (as there is a texture folder in this scenery). After installing version 1.1 of UUEE I can see that the LC files are now placed in the Addon Scenery\Scenery folder. Good! However in the UUEE scenery folder there are also two files with the same names (LD_5712.bgl and LD_5812.bgl). Their sizes are only a few bytes so I suspect that those files are a shortcut to the landclass files in the Addon Scenery\Scenery folder. But why? Normally you can place the landclass files in any scenery folder (with priority below the airport scenery itself) without a texture folder and FS9 (which I use) will load those files without any problems. That is the normal way to do it. Why those shortcuts (or what they are)? What is their function? Couldn't they cause about the same OOM problem we had originally?

The Addon Scenery folder contains a Scenery and a Texture folder. If you place landclass files in this Scenery folder, wouldn't you get the same OOM problem as when you place landclass files in any scenery containing a Scenery and a Texture folder? Besides containing a lot of addon sceneries, the Addon Scenery folder is a scenery by its own right (with a Scenery folder and a Texture folder and also a Scenery.dat file).

rgds

Zorropisa
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
Do you get OOMs with those files?
NO - so what is the problem?
YES - please remove the product's folder from Addon Scenery and install the 1.1 again
Zorropisa
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

landclass files

Post by Zorropisa »

Hello and thanks for reply!

I have had a lot of problems with UUEE. Even after upgrading to ver 1.1.

I have a keyboard with a display that shows RAM usage. I have tried many flights to and from UUEE and most of them have ended in CTD:s. Either OOM or g2d.dll or fe.dll error. Yesterday when trying to depart in iFly B737, the RAM used was 47% (in all other airports it is about 20-30%) so I knew I would get an OOM, which I got when entering the runway. This time the cause was fe.dll, but I still think that this has to do with memory problems.

I have reinstalled UUEE several times and during yesterday's flight I used a UUEE scenery downloaded from SimMarket that very day (which means it must be ver 1.1).

I then removed the UUEE folder and also the LD_ files inte the Addon Scenery\Scenery folder. After installing again, the LD_ files were back in the Addon Scenery\Scenery folder and the UUEE folder was back in the Addon Scenery folder. And in the UUEE scenery folder were the two LD_ files (with size a few bytes), which I believe to be some kind of a shortcut pointing to the real files in the Addon Scenery\Scenery folder (I can't understand what otherwise would be their purpose).

Everytime, even with version 1.1, UUEE has used much more RAM than any other airport I have. Today, after the install, I removed the two small "shortcut" LD _files in the UUEE Scenery folder and moved the two real LD _files to one of my landclass folders (which does not contain a Texture folder). When testing today the RAM usage was around 23 to 26 (even less than in most complicated airport sceneries) and was stable. Even after 40 minutes it had not increased. I then taxied to the runway and took off and flew to ESSA (Stockholm Arlanda) without any problems whatsoever (except for extremely bad visibility when landing).

As I understand it the Addon Scenery folder is a scenery by its own right as it contains a Scenery folder, a Texture folder and a Scenery.dat file. And the FS9 Scenery.cfg file points to this folder as it does to any other installed scenery.

[Area.037]
Title=Addon Scenery
Layer=37
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Local=Addon Scenery
Remote=

The addon sceneries that are placed in this folder has nothing to do with this. This means (in my humble opinion) that placing landclass files in the Addon Scenery\Scenery folder is equivalent to placing them in any other scenery that has a texture folder. And we all know that this always causes OOM problems. Why would the Addon Scenery folder behave in another way than any other folder?

Anyhow I believe my problems to be solved by now. Thanks for a very well designed and realistic scenery!

Best rgds

Zorropisa
Petrovich
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Re: landclass files

Post by Petrovich »

Zorropisa wrote:This means (in my humble opinion) that placing landclass files in the Addon Scenery\Scenery folder is equivalent to placing them in any other scenery that has a texture folder.
Exactly. Ver 1.1 does not contain any changes that's why I still use v1.0 with my own OOM-fix solution (described in this topic above).
PupOK
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by PupOK »

Terminal B (formerly T1) and the famous "Ryumka" were recently scraped. Is there an opportunity to remove them from scenery? Maybe Stanislaw can point an exact bgl that can be removed?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Are you kidding? Sh***... I loved the look of that terminal! There was a similar thing at KJFK as far as I remember but it also has been demolished... Thats a pity! :(

We would highly appreciate any pictures of those changes - especially how the ground looks now as it was probably repainted.

Unfortunately you cannot remove just that terminal but you can make just that terminal invisible (which is not a perfect solution but... it makes it invisible. Here are the files:

UUEE Moscow Sheremetyevo 2015 - removal of B terminal
UUEE Moscow Sheremetyevo X - removal of B terminal

To install the fix simply put 2 texture files into the Texture folder of the product (overwrite older files).
PupOK
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by PupOK »

Yeah, that is crap for sure. It was for sure a brand identity of SVO.

http://fotografersha.livejournal.com/705193.html

Thanks for the solution.
GeyerH
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by GeyerH »

Ohhh... Sheremetyevo without the classic Sheremetyevo-1 terminal...
Please, Stanislaw, if you ever release an update for this scenery, please give us the option to keep the famous terminal building incl. the "satellite".

Thanks,
Harald
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Honestly I don't even want to release it... :(
Are they planning to build there something instead? If yes, there would be no point of releasing an update right now - better to wait for a new construction to be completed.