UUEE Moscow Sheremetyevo 2015

Latest version: v1.8 (2016)

Archive only - support discontinued
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Petrovich wrote:is it possible to recopmile afd file in a 'normal' way? I mean separate exclude, afcad etc?
Actually it is not really legal to edit our files, as stated in our License in the manual:
NO REVERSE ENGINEERING. In order to protect the trade secrets and proprietary know-how contained in the Product, you will not decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer the Product except as expressly permitted by applicable law.
...so in case you do make some editing, you should not pride yourself on that. I am not making a big deal of that, but if you are changing our source files and than you get bugs in the scenery, what is the point of my support here?
Txmmy83
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Txmmy83 »

I also get the out of memory error sometimes
high AI Traffic Settings and some Aircrafts gauges can also cause this

Stanislaw,
what ingame settings do you recommend?

and what value for FS9.cfg
TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=??

best regards,
Thomas

[ Added: Fri Sep 26, 2014 17:38 ]
Stanislaw,
could it be that FS9 default Flightplan utility has Problems with flights out of UUEE it says me everytime that it could not find any route and that I should direct GPS

has that problem already been reported?

Simmarket ORDER #1195958

best regards,
Thomas
Patrick Chaieb
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Patrick Chaieb »

Txmmy83 wrote:could it be that FS9 default Flightplan utility has Problems with flights out of UUEE it says me everytime that it could not find any route and that I should direct GPS...
Have the same but it's not related to the scenery because I noticed this already years ago.

Do you have the OOMs still after the solution given here?
Best Regards
Patrick
Txmmy83
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Txmmy83 »

which solution do you mean?
Patrick Chaieb
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Patrick Chaieb »

@txmmy83
After doing this, I have had no more OOMs
Petrovich wrote:For those who have an OOM error with the brand new UUEE 2015 scenery please do the following:
1. Create new folder ('UUEE_2015_LC' for example) with 'scenery' subfolder inside
2. Move two LD_*.bgl files into the 'UUEE_2015_LC\scenery' folder
3. Add UUEE_2015_LC to the FS9 Scenery Library below UUEE 2015 scenery
4. Run FS
The method above works for me.
Best Regards
Patrick
Txmmy83
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Txmmy83 »

My OOMs were actually caused by a nice combination including using too high videocard settings + sweetfx post processing filters

but will try the fixes mentioned tomorow ;)

the mentioned fix separate Scenery & Landclass parts of UUEE (2 Scenery layers) right?
Patrick Chaieb
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Patrick Chaieb »

Txmmy83 wrote: the mentioned fix separate Scenery & Landclass parts of UUEE (2 Scenery layers) right?
Right
Best Regards
Patrick
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Txmmy83 wrote:could it be that FS9 default Flightplan utility has Problems with flights out of UUEE it says me everytime that it could not find any route and that I should direct GPS
Come on guys, someone will soon ask if a fire in a neighborhood town could have been caused by our scenery! :roll: Someone already reported a Saitek joystick failure after installing UUEE. Everything is possible, right? :)
Txmmy83
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Txmmy83 »

Stanislaw,
Thanks for creating this Great scenery :)

And Big plus for still supporting FS9 Community!

Best regards,
Thomas
Felix
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Felix »

Scenery-designer and arsonist - You have great jobs... :D

Back to topic: Is it planed to figure out what the enormous fps-problems causes and if you find it, would it be solved by a fix?

Greetings Felix
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Version 1.1 is now published, featuring OOMs fix and updated navaids as well as AI traffic behaviour. DEMO has also been updated to 1.1 .
Stary
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Stary »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Version 1.1 is now published, featuring OOMs fix and updated navaids as well as AI traffic behaviour. DEMO has also been updated to 1.1 .
Tthank you very much, Stas! Pleases that the scenary continues to be improved! Animation in principle is planned?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello guys.
Most of you state about bad performance of the product giving an example of 15fps (probably with RF weather, a complex add-on aircraft and on an old setup) which is in my opinion a good result for a 2014 scenery in FS2004 (15fps is a perfectly flyable value). As you are aware of, FS9 is finishing its lifetime with all its limitations. Developing a native, FS2004-looking scenery would cause all of you wondering why it looks so simple, I guess. There must be a compromise found and I believe this product provides the best possible final result in terms of visuals versus performance. Moreover, there are configuration options provided so you can run the product even on a very old setup, obviously sacrificing some details. So please forget about miracles here. If you want better performance, you must have less details in the scenery.

Obviously if we find a way to make the performance even better in the future, we will do that, but currently it is optimized as much as possible. Simply play with airport details and objects that are displayed or not. By using the options provided during install you can find the best configuration for your setup that will run smooth. According to this statement, I will treat the FPS-related discussion closed for now, as currently we have no ideas on how to improve the FS9 performance of the product even more.

Cleaned FPS-related discussion with given FPS values:
graemeb wrote:(...) Unfortunately, on my 4 yr old system, I am still getting very poor frame rates at UUEE (10-12 fps) in the day time. At night it improves a bit to 18-20 fps). Although my system is not new, I am used to getting frame rates in the high 20's (locked at 30 fps). I am using Win7 64 bit on Intel i7 CPU - 6 GB RAM. I tried the option to disable the approach lights, and fps improved slightly (17-18 fps). (...)
Dedl wrote:(...) I tried the demo before and because of the frames where about 25 - 30fr/sec - Great! - I decidet to go for it. After installing the full scenery in my FS9.1 it really looks very nice and it seems to be a masterpiece again. But there is only one little big thing that might have been much better - the frames! Also I only get between 10 - 15 frames on my four years old computer. It is like having FSX in my FS2004. That is a pitty...(...)
One more suggestion (as some customers are reporting much higher performace than above): there is also a chance that using one setup for many years (as some of you state) decrease its performance. This is related not only to software but also to hardware. First of all, having a FS9-running home cockpit experience, I would recommend a full Win system reinstall every 3-4 years of usage, which increases the overall performance indeed. Secondly, all the hardware you use becomes dirty and overheated after about 3-4 years of work. If you are not planning to buy a new one, it is a very good practice to at least clean it (and I mean not a keyboard but the interior components and fans). I am sure this will make the whole system work faster.
Txmmy83
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Txmmy83 »

I ticked the option with less details animations and get very stable 29FPS

and it looks perfect!

so I would agree with you Stas :)
bankii
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by bankii »

Txmmy83 wrote:I ticked the option with less details animations and get very stable 29FPS

and it looks perfect!

so I would agree with you Stas :)
for me UUEE2015 22-35 fPS :)