UUEE Moscow Sheremetyevo 2015

Latest version: v1.8 (2016)

Archive only - support discontinued
Flighty
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Flighty »

This reminds me that Aerosoft had stated once they are still getting request from some folks who want a FS2002 sceneries. The only odd thing I see in Sim world is the AIRAC update (almost monthly) on airport information such as ILS freq and RWY # changes, or simply platform abolition while most sceneries don't get updated from their release state.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Well, but you should also be aware of the fact that changing a runway number in a scenery is not that easy (as in AFCAD for example) and usually requires the whole ground layer to be exported from scratch which may take a lot of time in case older sceneries where some source files may already be missing or simply the technique used is already outdated. Usually this requires more fixes including texture-related upgrades, which might also meen repositioning of some buildings (usually they also require some minor fixes but this also mean a new export) and probably the animated objects, lights, static people/cars... It is a little bit like with a house renovation. You need to paint one wall but then you see that the ceiling is also dirty, but after you paint it it starts to be obvious that all other walls need to be painted as well, the floor is in bad condition too... And obviously after you finish all the furniture do no match the new color-scheme of the room so you need to buy new furniture as well. Well, sort of :D
Flighty
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Flighty »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Well, but you should also be aware of the fact that changing a runway number in a scenery is not that easy (as in AFCAD for example) and usually requires the whole ground layer to be exported from scratch which may take a lot of time in case older sceneries where some source files may already be missing or simply the technique used is already outdated. Usually this requires more fixes including texture-related upgrades, which might also meen repositioning of some buildings (usually they also require some minor fixes but this also mean a new export) and probably the animated objects, lights, static people/cars... It is a little bit like with a house renovation. You need to paint one wall but then you see that the ceiling is also dirty, but after you paint it it starts to be obvious that all other walls need to be painted as well, the floor is in bad condition too... And obviously after you finish all the furniture do no match the new color-scheme of the room so you need to buy new furniture as well. Well, sort of :D
I think you missed my point here. I am not trying to blame developers by neglecting updates but rather underlining the reality in Sim world, especially for those who fly online. You just reminded the tremendous difficulty of "renovating" sceneries which is totally understandable due to time cosumption and probably money. This explains why developers spend more time on new projects than old ones. In other hand, Navigraph, releases, almost on monthly basis, its AIRACs serie updates in order to be reflecting to the Real world Airports information. In the end, simmers have to choose either having an up-to-date FMS datas with old sceneries or keeping obsolete FMS datas aligned to outdated sceneries. As an oline simmer like myself, the first option would be a mandatory choice.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Sure, I get it, but AIRAC is a text file (any format of AIRAC) so it is rather easy to edit/add/delete navaids/runways/frequences etc. I am sure most developers try to catch-up with the real-world changes but it simply takes much more time than making changes in AIRAC especially that people are fine for paying for AIRAC updates but not very happy to pay for scenery updates.
mllgrennman
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Still Crashing

Post by mllgrennman »

Was this product updated...my sim still crashes within 10 minutes. I did the fix and no luck...this airport is unusable for me...

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930@ 2.80GHX
RAM 6 GB
GeForce GTX 465

W7 64 bit
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

It was a new version, not really an update. You need to remove the previous version completely prior to installing the new one (at least from Addon Scenery).
mllgrennman
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by mllgrennman »

the only version i have access to is the one i purchased from simmarket...it might have been a year ago...does the new one fix the problem?...thank you for responding
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

mllgrennman
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by mllgrennman »

good deal i think it is working!...thank you...i noticed the main round terminal no longer has see through windows...and there is a glitch with a parked aircraft...it is very blurry and the woman is in the air...

http://www.freeuploadsite.com/do.php?img=96700

the main terminal is very low quality...the picture of it at simmarket is much more detailed

http://www.freeuploadsite.com/do.php?img=96702
http://www.freeuploadsite.com/do.php?img=96703
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

There is no round terminal at all (unfortunately - I liked it!).
The texture on the static aircraft probably was still loading, there is everything fine with those textures.
That terminal is still under development in the real life - right now it is based only on blueprints and visualizations. As soon as it is constructed we will be able to make it in a higher detail however you can already see how it is going to look like. The textures should be exactly the same quality as on the promo screenshots http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodUUEE_2015.htm unless your flight sim texture resolution settings are different.

mllgrennman
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by mllgrennman »

DD Stanislaw wrote:There is no round terminal at all
the screenshot at simmarket shows a detailed round terminal
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

It has been demolished (similar terminal was demolished in KJFK lately) and now the B terminal is being constructed, as shown on the screenshots with the "v1.6" added (end of the list).
mllgrennman
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by mllgrennman »

the advertising on simmarket is misleading...the screenshots should show what the product really is...but thank you for clearing up the confusion...your products and support is outstanding!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

We simply try to make our products as up-to-date as possible so sometimes products are updated while there are still older screenshots presented. Sorry for that :wink:
mllgrennman
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by mllgrennman »

I appreciate the realism...thanks again