DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Baku 2017

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Baku 2017 by Drzewiecki Design
More info at/Więcej na: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodBaku2017.htm

English and Polish discussion and support in this topic / Dyskusja po polsku i po angielsku w tym temacie.

ImageImageImage
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

The product is now available at Simmarket. Have fun!
ArtAir
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by ArtAir »

Thank you Stanislaw!
edetroit
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by edetroit »

Reports that the installer created a new scenery.cfg file with duplicate area numbers... this will crash the sim.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

A new scenery.cfg in FS2004 direction? This is hardly possible... This never happened before and we use the same script for quite a long time. Unless something was wrong with that file or FS9 was running during install - in this case anything is possible...
edetroit
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by edetroit »

Ok only two reports so far. Waiting to her if there are any more.

[ Added: Tue May 31, 2016 16:20 ]
Report number three: "The installer also created duplicate area entries in my scenery.cfg file (repeating area numbers already in use)"
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Edward, where do you get those reports from? Any way to have a personal contact with those guys?
edetroit
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by edetroit »

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Oh, isn't it better to write on the developer's forum? Secondly - guys are trying to install our product in some completely unconventional ways. Also having 1000+ scenery areas in Scenery Library is simply rediculous and that person also wrote that other installers get confused too. So nothing wrong regarding our scenery whatsoever.
GAPUTZ
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by GAPUTZ »

It was me who posted double entry comments in response to a general discussion over at the AVSIM forum. I did not post anything in the developer forum because I saw this as a small annoyance peculiar to my own set up. I hope you noticed that I also said that Baku is a great FS9 scenery. I wanted to respond here to ensure that you don't take away the wrong impression that my comments over at AVSIM were a complaint. In fact my initial impressions of Baku are very positive and I'd recommend it to all FS9 users. It is visually impressive and provides very good performance. I look forward to exploring the whole country. I stumbled upon this post when I came to the forum in the first place to congratulate you. So, in closing, thank you very much for another wonderful FS9 scenery! Job well done.

Greg
edetroit
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by edetroit »

As you can imagine as FS9 simmers we have been around for a long time and know our sim very well. Our experience (certainly mine) of the DD forums is that our posts get deleted. So we like to discuss problems in a more friendly place before coming back to you.
I'm sure the Baku scenery will be a big hit with FS niners.

I started the post at avsim to promote your scenery as we have all been looking forward to it.🙂
GeyerH
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by GeyerH »

Hi,

after a long download I installed Baku 2017 in two versions: first with static planes and with phototerrain, and then without both of them. In both cases, the installer worked well. Correct entries in scenery.cfg; no crashes. When loading the scenery, I experience superb FPS. Had to chose the version without static aircraft as I have the complete fleet of AZAL and SilkWay as AI. Those show up perfectly at UBBB and are seen at other airports, too.

Only problems that I see:
- quite slow loading of phototerrain while in flight
- some static vehicles at light airports (and only there) without textures, as "american looking" lorries as well as tanks at military airports
- at some of the afcad only airports (and again, only there), I see problems with object shadows (rectangle shadows). Do you recommend to switch them off? I found no advice in the manual.

All in all, a very good scenery. Many thanks!

Harald

P.S. As member of the Avsim forum, I will post these experiences there, too.
P.P.S. Wouldn't it be an idea to extend this scenery to complete Transcaucasia, that means Georgia and Armenia as well?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Ok ok, I get it. Someone already commented sometime ago that I am similar to a famous WWII leader - deleting anything I don't like. :mrgreen:
GeyerH wrote:quite slow loading of phototerrain while in flight
Indeed, somehow it works much slower than in FSX. I guess this is the way how FS9 handles the photo terrain - anyway I did not do anything non-standard there, simply the area is quite large. Right now I don't see any particular method to fix that unfortunately.
GeyerH wrote:some static vehicles at light airports (and only there) without textures
Oh, ok, I know what this might be, should be fully fixable. Thanks for the report.
GeyerH wrote:extend this scenery to complete Transcaucasia, that means Georgia and Armenia
Well, that would be nice, especially Georgia, but as for now we will put some more attention to updating our Polish Airports packages.
GeyerH
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by GeyerH »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Well, that would be nice, especially Georgia, but as for now we will put some more attention to updating our Polish Airports packages.
O.k., that's logical, as Georgia seems to be attractive for many Polish people to spend their holidays (thus it's probably interesting as simming destination), but at first the home airport has to be up to date! :D
tompie
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by tompie »

Stanislaw, it a very nice scenery for fs9.1! Happy you still make them for us too.
Had a problem after installing(OOM), funny with 16Gb RAM. That was solved after a reinstall.

I have no problem in the scenery.cfg but I do with some navaid frequencies and their names at UBBB.
1. in the middle between the 2 rwy's (at the position of intersection BAK) there is a high altitude VOR/DME beacon called BAK and frequency 114.10
However there is another high altitude VOR/DME beacon also called BAK about 3 mls south of the airport in line with ILS 35 with frequency 115.00
Can't imagine this is correct.
2. At the same spot as this second VOR/DME BAK there is also a NDB beacon called BN with frequency 360. There is another NDB beacon just right of ILS 16 (also about 3 mls out of the apt.) with another name (BI) but with the same frequency as BN i.e. 360
My poor NDB needle is confused which NDB to choose!
Same question: is this correct?
I have no other scenery or afcads around there

I you want I can make a screen shot of the map and forward it.
Lookin'forward to hearing from you
Tompie