Bornholm Island X

Latest version: v1.6 (2017)

jetset
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by jetset »

Hi Stansilaw,

thanks for releasing the FSX Version
After installing I have the problem that no ILS approach is possible. I get only visual approaches by ATC and also in the FSX GPS there is no chance to select any ILS approaches. Can you help me?
Thanks in advance!

Rgds
Mark
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
Tell me please, are the standard ILS approaches possible (without the GPS) when selecting appropriate frequences? There are actually no FS GPS procedures included so that FS GPS may have no ILS approaches implemented for this airport...
jetset
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by jetset »

Hi,

if I tune in the frequences i can fly the ILS approaches but ATC offers only Visual Approaches.
What I found out is that when I delete the file EKRN_ADE_ADE.bgl than I have the ILS for both runways in the FSX GPS with the correct frequencies. AFX Editor showed me two AFCAD files for EKRN. One is called AFX EKRN and the other one is the file I mentioned above. Both looking similar but with the difference that the RON VOR is located on different positions in both files
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Thank you for that tip!
jetset
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by jetset »

No problem so what is the ADE File normally does when it is not necessary?
RAF_Loke
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by RAF_Loke »

Bought it a few days ago, but didn't had time to test it before last night.
It's great to have a Bornholm which I can recognize 8) .

There is one thing though. The placement of Hammershus, it looks like it's placed on a slope instead on the top. Might be a mesh problem, I don't know.

However I'm impressed that I actually can use the scenery on my old system. I do get down to about 4.2 FPS around the city Rønne and airport, on the country side about 6 to 8.
It's flyable :) .
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Good to know. Have fun! :wink:
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

This product is currently supported by Aerosoft's Airport Enhancement Services (AES) http://www.aerosoft-shop.com/products/aes/aes.html version 2.12 . All supported airports in this new edition: http://www.aerosoft.com/shop-re/links/aesairports.html .
gmd23
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Ground Texture switching on Bornholm in FSX

Post by gmd23 »

Bornholm is very nice but I have a problem:

The ground textures switch between the default and the ground textures of Bornholm. The flicker when I move the outside camera around as seen on the screenshot.

No Mesh Addon like FS Global installed. No REX either.

What can I do?

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello. Do you have any products that have EKRN area included like those mentioned in the manual? In which store did you get this Bornholm X? You might also try to turn off the Direct X 10 Preview mode.
M. H. Larsen
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by M. H. Larsen »

Just bought your Bornholm scenery and it looks fantastic!

You might consider changing the name of the airport in the AFCAD (both) to 'Bornholm' instead of 'Ronne' since this is now the official name.

You also give a link to a webcam for Bornholm Airport which is nice, but did you know that there is now a LIVE camera at the same position? This camera can be accessed from the webcam page.

Thanks
Michael
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello Michael. I am happy you like our scenery. Such opinion are the most important for us :wink:

I didn't know about the live view. Thank you!
hodge001
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by hodge001 »

Hi

I was wondering if you could help with an issue I am having with BornholmX, having purchased the scenery from Aerosoft a while a go I have been having an odd texture issue with the covered walkway at the main entrance side of the terminal in that the transparent texture of the walkway along with it's support struts appear in a natty shade of magenta, which some may like but it's not really my favourite colour, I realise that this could well be a system issue so with that in mind here is the system I am presently using the scenery on..

AMD T1100 CPU, with 16 GB Memory and a 1GB Nvidia GT450 Graphics card using the latest 280.26 drivers, the operating system is Windows 7 64bit with all UAC functions turned off and the scenery as are all my other programs was installed as admin into FSX which is on it's own hard drive, as for any FSX settings that may come into play I can only think of DX10 which I have never used, I hope that you can be of some assistance with this issue as other than this the scenery is running extremely well, I realise that as I purchased this through Aerosoft that I should use the Aerosoft forum but this has been mentioned there previously and by myself today and I was just hoping for some fresh hints as to what may be the issue.

Thank you in advance for any and all assistance you can give with this issue, and if you require any further details such as any Aerosoft order numbers as proof of purchase then just let me know and I will forward those on as soon as practicable.

Jim Hodkinson
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
Sorry for that. Please try to replace this texture: https://rapidshare.com/files/54535128/C ... ETAILS.dds in FSX\aerosoft\Bornholm Island 2011 X\Texture .
hodge001
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by hodge001 »

Hi again

Firstly thank you for the extremely rapid response to my enquiry, I must admit that being a Sunday I didn’t think that support would be of this speed and quality, and I really do appreciate you taking the time out to look into this issue.

As for the replacement texture it works perfectly as does the scenery, which I have to say is amongst the best I have purchased and I fly there often now just for the fun of it.

Thank you again for your exemplary support system.

Jim Hodkinson