EPKK Kraków Balice X v3

Latest version: v3.2 (2020)

TMetzinger
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Tim

Re: EPKK Kraków Balice X v2

Post by TMetzinger »

While I can use the jetways that way, I'd prefer to have the greater integration with GSX, particularly now that there's a GSX option to "board" or "deboard" that will spawn the jetways docking, the cattle coming on or off, the fuel, the baggage, the catering.

But that only works well if GSX thinks there are jetways at the airport, and right now it doesn't.

Do you know of any differences in the way you coded or packaged the SODE jetways at EPKK vs KSEA?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, can you choose in sim menu: Add-ons -> GSX -> Customize airport positions -> set "Parking has a jetway" for stand 3 and stand 4 and at the end "Apply".

Afterwards please restart Couatl or restart the sim and check if the jetways are working via GSX on the stand 3 and the stand 4.
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
Arseny
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Arseny

Post by Arseny »

Hello, I have a question regarding V2.1 of EPPK scenery. So, as you wrote earlier that the V2.1 is coming soon but its already available on FSPilotshop. However it doesnt include features like wet surface during rain effect. Im confused. Whose mistake it is?
Arseny
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Arseny

Post by Arseny »

Here is the screenshot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TMetzinger
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by TMetzinger »

Adding a jetway in GSX adds a new SODE jetway in addition to the existing jetway with the scenery... that's not the desired outcome.
TMetzinger
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by TMetzinger »

Here's the result of adding jetways in GSX...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

TMetzinger wrote: Sunday 25 Nov 2018, 21:26 GSX adds a new SODE jetway in addition to the existing jetway
Firstly GSX is the third-party addon - we didn't change the way of coding our jetways, so that's the question to FSDT why new GSX doesn't see our jetways. Secondly they should be fully operational via SODE (Shift + D).

Sorry but I didn't observe such behaviour with the appearance of 2nd jetway in my sim - I can only presume that you are trying to replace our jetway with the GSX animated jetway.

Drzewiecki Design prefers that the external entity does not interfere with our sceneries. We're not talking about the airport service, which is simulated by GSX, but about the interference in the elements of scenery like jetways which changes the product's content (they are not just an "overlay" / add-on). It may be ok with the default airports, but as an idea we are not happy to see such changes with the copyrighted original sceneries. The effect is nice because both jetways and animations are effective, but then the users of our sceneries will complain that the framerates are poor or something has been screwed up and the animations do not work at all. If GSX doesn't interfere with our objects, everything is ok, but the idea of replacing them is controversial.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Arseny wrote: Sunday 25 Nov 2018, 20:20 it doesnt include features like wet surface during rain effect
In my sim it's working - maybe you should try to do the "clean" install of our scenery (please remove the EPKK files from C:\ProgramData\12bPilot and the EPKK folder from Addon Scenery and reinstall the scenery with admin rights)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I think you also need to enable "Dynamic Reflections" in P3Dv4. And there must be some rain too. :)
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

TMetzinger wrote: Sunday 25 Nov 2018, 21:33 Here's the result of adding jetways in GSX...

That is exactly why we are fully opposed to interference into our work by other 3rd party companies (and to encouraging customers to do this interference by themselves). First of all those jetways have nothing to do with the real ones, secondly ground marking are completely wrong and thirdly the performance of the scenery changes as well. If someone wants different jetways of other parts of a scenery, please develop the whole scenery from scratch, not just one element. Basically what you see on the screenshot is not our product anymore. Moreover we are not responsible for any problems such interferences might cause in any types of our product's performance and look. With any issues regarding GSX operations please contact GSX authors. We are open to make our products become compatible with more addons but not on the cost of the realism of our products.
TMetzinger
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by TMetzinger »

I'm afraid we are not communicating very well, and I apologise
I have no desire to alter your product in any way. I didn't ask to use GSX to add jetways, your representative asked me to try that - and the results were what you saw. So let's start over.

I have FSDT GSX/GSX Level 2, and I'm finding that at SOME of the Drzewiecki Design airports (I discovered this in Krakow), GSX doesn't recognize that the SODE jetways exist. That means that GSX tries to board passengers via buses and stairs, which is ugly. So I'd like to get this figured out.

I have the following DD products, and here's the status of interoperability with GSX:
NY Airports V2 X - Jetways are recognized by SODE and GSX at KLGA,and KJFK
Seattle X - Jetways are recognized by SODE and GSX at KSEA, KBFI, and KPAE
Washington X - Jetways are recognized by SODE but not by GSX at KDCA.
EPKK Krakow X V2 - Jetways are recognized by SODE but not by GSX at EPKK.

I'm also having a similar issue with the new SXAD KHOU scenery, and the developer has acknowledged/reproduced that issue and is looking to see if it's an issue in his code somewhere.

I suspect that this is a case of the sceneries in question using a property or name or something in their config that GSX just doesn't parse correctly, since the sim and SODE obviously recognize and display the jetways. I'm just asking for assistance from the scenery developers because if they know what's "different" about these products compared to the way they build SODE jetways in other products, that knowledge will be helpful to solving the problem.

Best wishes,

Tim
TMetzinger
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by TMetzinger »

TMetzinger wrote: Monday 26 Nov 2018, 14:30
I suspect that this is a case of the sceneries in question using a property or name or something in their config that GSX just doesn't parse correctly, since the sim and SODE obviously recognize and display the jetways. I'm just asking for assistance from the scenery developers because if they know what's "different" about these products compared to the way they build SODE jetways in other products, that knowledge will be helpful to solving the problem.

Best wishes,

Tim
After rolling back my sim a month or so, I found that KDCA jetways were not recognized by GSX then either, which eliminates the possibility that this is an artifact of the latest GSX update. FSDT indicated that GSX might not recognize SODE jetways if the definition in the XML file for SODE didn't exactly match the parking definition in the AFD file. https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threa ... sx.441240/ as a reference.

Since you guys don't have an xml file that's human readable - is this something you could check on? I understand that the scenery "works" as far as SODE is concerned, but it's a much better experience for customers if it fully interacts with GSX.

Thanks!
-Tim
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Okay, if you mean that you want operate them via GSX then this is correct - in some SDX (XML) files this functions seems to be inactive and we can fix that later. But in any case you are able to operate the jetways using SODE manu instead of GSX menu. This does not mean you are going to see passengers walking there but GSX should be able to treat that SODE action as pax boarding/deboarding via a jetway.
TMetzinger
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by TMetzinger »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Monday 26 Nov 2018, 17:10 Okay, if you mean that you want operate them via GSX then this is correct - in some SDX (XML) files this functions seems to be inactive and we can fix that later. But in any case you are able to operate the jetways using SODE manu instead of GSX menu. This does not mean you are going to see passengers walking there but GSX should be able to treat that SODE action as pax boarding/deboarding via a jetway.
OK that's a help. Let me see if, when I dock the jetway via SODE, if GSX still tries to bring over a set of stairs and buses. If it doesn't, then I can be patient for your fix.
TMetzinger
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by TMetzinger »

TMetzinger wrote: Monday 26 Nov 2018, 17:24
DD Stanislaw wrote: Monday 26 Nov 2018, 17:10 Okay, if you mean that you want operate them via GSX then this is correct - in some SDX (XML) files this functions seems to be inactive and we can fix that later. But in any case you are able to operate the jetways using SODE manu instead of GSX menu. This does not mean you are going to see passengers walking there but GSX should be able to treat that SODE action as pax boarding/deboarding via a jetway.
OK that's a help. Let me see if, when I dock the jetway via SODE, if GSX still tries to bring over a set of stairs and buses. If it doesn't, then I can be patient for your fix.
Nope - GSX behaves as if there's no jetway at all, and drives up a stairs truck. Soooo... I'm IMpatiently waiting for you to make adjustments.
2018-11-26_14-53-40-336.jpg