EETN Tallinn v2 X

Latest version: v2.4 (2020)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
SImply remove its folder from Addon Scenery and the Scenery Library entry.
WebMaximus

Post by WebMaximus »

That's what I did but I'm used to find an automatic uninstall option for payware software.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Ok but we do not provide this feature. This is related to how the installer is constructed - deinstalling all files would cause some shared files to be removed (like SODE). Also automatic removal of entries from scenery.cfg is more risky than manual. I personally do not see any problem here. Customers usually buy products to use them, not to uninstall them. But in case they need to remove them, there is always a simple way to do that.
WebMaximus

Post by WebMaximus »

That's an interesting way looking at it. I have lots of scenery products that manage to be uninstalled automatically without any issues. Anyway the scenery looks nice now that I got rid of all the black textures.

Any idea why the scenery location was left empty in the scenery library after installation? Because I guess that was the reason I got all the black textures since it went away once I manually pointed out the path and chose the 'Use this scenery' option.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce your issue - on my setup everything installs into P3Dv3 without a need to manually adjust anything in Scenery Library. I heard about such issue though - just have no idea so far what might cause it.
WebMaximus

Post by WebMaximus »

Ok, the two things I can think of is I'm using P3Dv2.5 rather than P3Dv3 and also I have P3D installed on its own drive rather than the default C drive.

Well, all is good now and I'm looking forward to my return leg out of Tallinn now with nice looking textures rather than everything being black. Was actually quite a challenge and a brand new experience to land on an all black runway where you didn't get any visual clues of neither your height and speed ;)

[ Added: Wed Dec 02, 2015 23:13 ]
Tonight I did the return flight out of Tallinn and just wanted to say the scenery looks really, really nice now after I solved my problem so my compliments! Really liked the "feeling" of the airport and I also consider the huge amount of objects outside the actual airport a big bonus.

I also bought your Warsaw and Moscow sceneries and I'm truly looking forward to try them out!!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Ok, thanks, I am glad you like them!
yakyak
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by yakyak »

Can you let me know if EETN is also on your list of sceneries to be recompiled/updated using SODE1.3? You mentioned in other threads that you would do this sometime in your Spring.

Thankyou.
Nick
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Yes, together with EPWA and UUEE.
Steve 66
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Steve 66 »

I am interested in buying EETN and have tried the demo. Before I proceed with the full version, can you please confirm that shadows for all objects/buildings/gates work in P3D v.3.1.

Thanks
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
P3D v.3.1 has an option to display shadows even for objects flagged as no_shadow... so yes, you can make every single object to make/receive shadow if you wish (to melt your PC :wink: )
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

This product has been updated to v1.7 featuring SODE v1.3 compatibility.

IMPORTANT!
Customers should follow the steps given during the install. The old version does not need to be removed but customers must manually remove 2 files and 1 folder:

FS Folder\SODE\cfg\Drzewiecki Design.sdx
FS Folder\SODE\sdx\EETN_X.sdx
FS Folder\SimObjects\Misc\DrzewieckiDesign_EETN
fennelda
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by fennelda »

Hi,

Just updated EPWA and EETN on P3DV3 - EPWA worked fine but I don't see any jetways in EETN. I reinstalled twice but it didn't work. When I look in ProgramData/12bPilot/SODE/sdx/DrzewieckiDesign I only see EPWA_X.sdn, but nothing else. Is the installer forgetting to place the EETN file here?
eke2000
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

no SODE, no Jetways P3D3.1

Post by eke2000 »

HI,
after installing and uninstalling EETN_X 1.7 several times, also deleted SODE files from early versions but i can`t see any jetways and no Hangar doors.
I see that SODE 1.3.1 is active but when pressing Shift+D , in simulator, (near EETN hangar door), then opens Drzewiecki Design Window and only this text :
1-No triggerable objects found within 12 km...

it seems that it is not ready yet... :mrgreen:

regards
HansW
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by HansW »

Hi,
I can confirm the previous made observations. After several tries to install/uninstall SODE and EETN Tallinn X v1.7 there are no Gates at all.

SODE v1.3.1 is running inside FSX Menu and the overall scenery looks ok.

This is an excerpt of the sode.log
[16:27:12.828] DEBUG : Trying to find Custom Configuration files...
[16:27:12.828] DEBUG SODE.XML : Finding SDX CFG Files...
[16:27:12.828] INFO SODE.XML : sdx File Found: DrzewieckiDesign.sdx!
[16:27:12.828] DEBUG : Trying to build SimObject List out of Custom Config files...
[16:27:12.828] DEBUG SODE.XML : Decompiling SDX Custom Config File
[16:27:12.843] DEBUG SODE.XML : SDX Decompilation successful!
[16:27:12.843] DEBUG SODE.XML : Found valid SDX Custom Configuration
[16:27:12.843] DEBUG SODE.XML : SDX Custom Configuration Data extracted
[16:27:12.843] WARN SODE.XML : \sdx\DrzewieckiDesign\ not found. Code(3) [C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\12bPilot\SODE\sdx\DrzewieckiDesign\*.sdx]
Install is made in FSX SP2 on a Windows XP SP3 system. Previous version was acting ok.

BTW Imaginesim's KATL2015 Demo is running fine with SODE v1.3.1 animated jetways.

Regards
Hans