EETN Tallinn v2 X

Latest version: v2.4 (2020)

WebMaximus

Post by WebMaximus »

Many thanks, will give it a try.

And for the developer...please consider adding proper uninstallers for your products because I think for commercial software that should be a given rather than having customers perform manual steps on their own to uninstall or upgrade a product.

[ Added: Thu May 12, 2016 17:01 ]
While trying to manually get rid of the old version of the Tallinn scenery before I install the new version I found a file called EETN_Hold.dds located under ...\Prepar3D v3\Addon Scenery\EPWA Warsaw Chopin Airport X\Texture

Feels a bit odd finding a file which seems to be related to the Tallinn scenery by looking at its name under the Warsaw scenery? Or maybe EETN in this case doesn't mean the ICAO code for Tallinn but something completely different?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

We do not provide uninstallers for technical reasons. It is much easier to remove 3 folders manually than restoring your whole FS structure after an unsuccesful uninstall.

It does not matter at all, there are many textures used in various projects, we simply keep the original name (it might have another ICAO code).
WebMaximus

Post by WebMaximus »

DD Stanislaw wrote:We do not provide uninstallers for technical reasons. It is much easier to remove 3 folders manually than restoring your whole FS structure after an unsuccesful uninstall.
Hmm...I wonder how most other developers do then providing uninstaller with their products. And having to restore a whole FS structure after an unsuccesful uninstall...? Not even sure I understand what you mean by that - why would an uninstall be unsuccessful as long as the uninstallation program doesn't have any flaws?

Well, never mind. I got the new version installed and all looks good but one thing I was hoping would be fixed or at least improved in version 1.8 over 1.6 is how many scenery objects and especially buildings are constantly re-created/painted as soon as you haven't looked at the for a while. They are then all black and when you pan your view in their direction you see how they are slowly created/painted again.

This at least to me is a major distraction for this otherwise very lovely scenery.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Are you talking about Tallinn? I can't believe in what I read. :wink:
WebMaximus

Post by WebMaximus »

Eh...what?

Yes, I'm talking about Tallinn and what is it you can't believe?
soferek
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by soferek »

WebMaximus wrote:Eh...what?

Yes, I'm talking about Tallinn and what is it you can't believe?
Just ignore me sorry didn;t read the date of last post :>
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Tallinn is simply one of our best performing sceneries and it takes A LOT of effort to make it look as described.
seam1977
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by seam1977 »

Staszku ,czy zauwazyles moze spadek klatek w EETN,bo w porownaniu do innych lotnisk spadek klatek w Tallinie jest spory ,moj kolega tez ma ten sam problem,czy to nie jest wina oswietlenia pasa moze???
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Z tego co pamiętam w EETN jest "stare" oświetlenie metodą SCASM, ale nie powoduje ono żadnego spadku FPS.
dimberg
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Buildings and textures

Post by dimberg »

Why after installing EETN DEMO, I can see only buildings and textures of the airport, and the buildings and textures of the city are missing?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Because you have installed the DEMO. :wink:
christinney
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

New runway update??

Post by christinney »

Hiya guys, i see in real world Tallin has had a significant runway extension with appropriate taxiwys aswell. Any likelehood of an update coming out for this in near future?

Regards

Chris
Kuba Pa
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Jakub

Post by Kuba Pa »

We gradually update all of our products, in terms of compatibility with P3d new system lighting. Currently we not work on EETN. Priority is given to new projects, so we do not expect updates in the near future.
ARTS
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by ARTS »

After installing the script as in the screenshot. What just did not do and deleted and re-installed and SODE reinstalled, nothing comes out. And it's also embarrassing that in the script library 2 Tallinn. How can I fix the script correctly?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello Art.
It is hard to understand your description of the problem. If you can, please write in Russian (I see you are from there).