EETN Tallinn v2 X

Latest version: v2.4 (2020)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

The lighting problem occur only in P3D v2.3. Here is a short explanation of a possible reason from Lockheed Martin team member:
Beau Hollis wrote:I'd say one of the opcodes we fixed is firing off now and that is changing the overall draw order that your content is drawn in. There isn't really a way to control draw order any more, but gbl draws are sorted by zbias which is set for each of the bgl material layers. We did recently find a bug in how we handle no-z-write based sorting. In certain cases, the runtime draw order takes precedence over the z-order set by the z-bias. Our legacy handlers for bgl uses z-bias to sort the bgl layers. We are going to fix the zbias sorting issue soon. Hopefully that will resolve the issue.
Heigo
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Heigo »

DD Stanislaw wrote:The lighting problem occur only in P3D v2.3. Here is a short explanation of a possible reason from Lockheed Martin team member:
Beau Hollis wrote:I'd say one of the opcodes we fixed is firing off now and that is changing the overall draw order that your content is drawn in. There isn't really a way to control draw order any more, but gbl draws are sorted by zbias which is set for each of the bgl material layers. We did recently find a bug in how we handle no-z-write based sorting. In certain cases, the runtime draw order takes precedence over the z-order set by the z-bias. Our legacy handlers for bgl uses z-bias to sort the bgl layers. We are going to fix the zbias sorting issue soon. Hopefully that will resolve the issue.
Wrong statement, it also occures in FSX (both DX9 and DX10 modes).
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

In this case we can not reproduce the problem, which means, that it is the issue occuring due to customers personal settings / graphic cards / FS display settings / conflicting add-ons or something else. In this case the no-lighting effect should also occur in our other products, since the lights are designed just the same way. It will also occur in our DEMO which can always be treated as a try-before-you-buy version. I have no idea what might cause this problem, especially if it also happens in FSX (DX9/DX10) as you say. Since we can not reproduce it, we cannot take any further actions without more technical info about the problem.
PatrickM
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by PatrickM »

Good afternoon, do you still work on your airports to get it working together with GSX with your new animation "system"?
regards Patrick
Image[/url]
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

GSX, when activated, removes the closest objects to the aircraft reference point and we cannot do anything about that. If GSX is not used when parked at a gate, everything works fine.
PatrickM
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by PatrickM »

Just for clarification: if I use GSX at a departure airport for a flight to Tallinn, will I see this issue?
regards Patrick
Image[/url]
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

It seems that when you turn on GSX vehicles, GSX removes everything on a specific radius, including the closest jetway. This is how GSX is built.
eke2000
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

again about RW lighting

Post by eke2000 »

Hi,
If you use the same system for RW lighting in EETN X and in UUEE X, then in Sheremetjevo lighting is OK in my P3DV2.3.
Something must be different but what?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

It is a different system that I have used in Sheremetyevo for all the lights.
Rafal

Post by Rafal »

DD Stanislaw wrote:It seems that when you turn on GSX vehicles, GSX removes everything on a specific radius, including the closest jetway. This is how GSX is built.
Staszek,

Please see what Umberto (FSDT GSX) wrote when I notified him of this problem:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index. ... 797.0.html
Looks like there is a bright hope to solve the problem. Just contact Umberto, please.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

It seems that saving THIS FILE into FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl\GSX solves the problem (please confirm those who own the scenery).
Thanks to Umberto for this hint.

We have also fixed the ground shadow issue in P3Dv2 completely - everything loks fine now, there are shadows everywhere. All the new files will uploaded with the nearest update.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

This file doesn't work.

It seems that it refers to object titles:

Umberto wrote: "You might be able to help, if you could tell me the title of the jetway objects located in that folders. Look the SIM.CFG for them, and report their titles in the "title" parameter of [fltsim.xx] section. If there are several objects and/or several [fltsim.xx] sections with many different titles, please report them all."

Someone sent him the file concerning UUEE, on the basis of which Umberto created the respective file for GSX to protect the objectis. It seems that in case of UUEE it works. The file for EETN was sent to Umberto too, but probably in case of EETN it can be little more difficult. I'm not sure whether I understand the solution properly, but... in case of UUEE all objects have the name "UUEE_JetWay_XX" (where XX is a number) and thus the objects can be identified by ICAO code. In case of EETN the objects are named: "JetWayXX" or "AME Hangar Door A", etc., which means that they cannot be easily identified and eventually excluded due to the common name.

Do you see any chance to contact with Umberto and eventually determine whether it's necessary to change something in your scenery / object titles? Without your support it probably cannot be solved, especially as Umberto is not in the possession of this scenery + demo version is surely not equipped with jetways.
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

The demo is obviously not equipped with animated jetways.

I would be happy to help with this issue. I am already in touch with the author of AES and we have designed a solution so everything should work as expected in the next release of AES. I have also contacted the FSDT support so lets hope GSX will stop removing our objects.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Ok, we have discussed the issue with FSDT and we will be able to make our current and future products fully compatible with GSX engine.

By the way, here are 2 new promo videos of Tallinn X:
http://youtu.be/ESJjHr5qvXM | http://youtu.be/OKnq8Eru_So
Which one do you like more?
seam1977
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by seam1977 »

So we can expect some updates or patches for all Polish Airports series incl. Warsaw City Airports , Tallin , Bornholm and NY from DD Design :D ,great news,dzieki Staszku