EPWA Warsaw Chopin Airport X

Latest version: v1.97 (2020)

radzio2
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by radzio2 »

U mnie wyłania się taki problem, ponieważ chwilkę po starcie wywala mi fatal errora... :(
Kuba Pa
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Jakub

Post by Kuba Pa »

Jeśli przed startem korzystałeś z rękawów, FSX się wyłączył, to ten problem został już poprawiony w wersji 1.1, obecnie w sklepach jest już 1.2.
12bPilot
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by 12bPilot »

Marek2704 wrote:Question for Andrea and Jeffrey:

How can I do such magic like Andrea and modify other planes exits data in aircraft.cfg files. Like, for example, for A340 from BlackBox. How can I find data for such changes?
There's a little trick to make things easier.
First of all, the values in the exits section are from left to right:
Exit opening rate, Position along longitudinal axis, position along lateral axis, position in z-Axis, exit type.

You can use the lights section to visualize the positions (measured in feet by the way), this helps to move them around.
I used the red navlight for this. Just copy paste the position data from the exit to a light entry.
In the sim, turn on the aircraft lights and you should see the red navlights on the doors. You should place them right in the center of the door.

Here's a picture to illustrate this process.

Happy tweaking! :-)
mkma
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by mkma »

12bPilot wrote: There's a little trick to make...
Thank you Jeffrey for the trich :D
Patrick Chaieb
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Patrick Chaieb »

Hi

Bought the airport a few days ago and I'm quit happy with the product. Thank you for your effort.
I will also buy some Polish Airports in the next few days/weeks.

Regards
Patrick

BTW: I know it's off topic and it has nothing to do with your scenery but as most of you are Polish, I hope someone could help me: I searched a long time for a LOT Repaint 737-400 50th North or Wilco 737-400 (FSX) Unfortunately I couldn't find any. They are a lot of 737-500 repaints, but LOT uses the 400.
I only found a special holiday repaint.
Best Regards
Patrick
P3r
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Short Pauses?

Post by P3r »

Hi

Regarding EPWAv1.2
I have short pauses in my P3Dv2.5 sim when flying in and out of this airport.
Actual pauses like if you press p, i see the red pause text inside the sim.
I visually see it and my acars is also picking it up.

I did some tests and found it to be the SOD module causing it.
Tested with it on and off, when off no pauses, when on short pauses.

Is it possible to fix this?
If not would it be possible to have a version with static gates and SOD disabled?

Br
Per
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

I can confirm that I have the same problem in P3D v2.5, but I didn't realize that it can be caused by SODE, especially during approach... In my case, disable of SODE can be a solution as I fly by DH8D, which normally doesn't use jetways in EPWA (BTW: Bombardier adapted this plane for jetways). But many of P3D simmers will want to use jetways without any short pauses.

Is it possible to see only static jetways and thus disable SODE?

Can you try to find the reason of such pauses? For example in case of LHBP by LHS or LDSP by Aerosoft I noticed one pause during the approach to both airports (probably caused by some kind of controller) but there is only one pause - in casew of EPWA many times I noticed a few pauses, not only one.
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

If this is caused by SODE, it would probably be enough to deactivate it by deselecting "Advanced Animations" in FS settings. Some little pauses might be caused by some more complex models that need to be loaded but this shouldn't be bigger than a few frames.
Patrick Chaieb
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Patrick Chaieb »

I have exactely the same problem but with FSX. Didn't we had the same issue with UUEE and you fixed it with the newest version? There we had some stutters with the older version.
Would be glad if it could be fixed without deactivating SODE as far AES is not available for this airport.

Regards
Patrick
Best Regards
Patrick
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

DD Stanislaw wrote:to deactivate it by deselecting "Advanced Animations" in FS settings.
But please remember that we don't fly to EPWA only and thus sometimes we need to have such option activated for other sceneries. From my point of view remembering about such change in FS settings is not a solution, maybe only temporary. Please consider static jetways without SODEW during installation process for those, who use your scenery by turboprops for instance.
DD Stanislaw wrote:shouldn't be bigger than a few frames.
It's true, but it's also really frustrating and troublesome if your FS pauses a few times during approach, especially if there is a traffic. I will try to de-activate SODE today to check if it helps in case of pauses. If it's correct, I prefer having smoother simulation than moving jetways, the more that I don't use them now.
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Martin_Starski wrote:Please consider static jetways
This is not as easy as might seem because there are also 2 versions of ground and AFCAD - with and without static aircraft plus the animated hangar door and some vegetation that will dissapear when sode is not active.

As far as I have tested the scenery on various setups, including 'real' flight sims, I wasn't able to reproduce the stuttering issue so it is hard for me to say for sure what might cause it. This might however be related to many other things besides the product itself - for example your graphic card settings related to AA/Anizo and 3D graphics display settings. For example some graphic cards create stuttering when AA/Anizo/3D settings are controlled by the card instead of FSX/P3D itself and this I can recreate in my Nvidia K5000M (which is a rather good card), even in FS2004.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=pl&q=s ... gws_rd=ssl
P3r
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by P3r »

Its not stutters but actual pauses with the red pause text insim showing and this was tested with SOD on and off, this is the only addon airport i have seen this weird issue.

I do use ORBX Global, Vector, LC Europe, Pilots Ultimate Mesh + ASN Networked and GSX.
I use a High End Nvidia GTX780Ti and all my graphic settings are controlled by P3D itself.
My settings are light to maintain high fps and i dont use NVinspector.

I get approx 6 pauses flying the approach and approx 3 pauses flying the Dep.

And the only plane i have installed at the moment is the PMDG NGX for P3Dv2.5.
I use only two tweaks in the p3d.cfg and that is optimize parts to 1 and the Affinitymask to 15.

Br
Per
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Wait a sec... You mean that the Pause [P] turns ON by itself in-flight?
12bPilot
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

SODE Pause

Post by 12bPilot »

Hi all,

This pause command sent by sode is a ugly workaround I had to use to have the jetways behave properly. You must know that providing a jetway engine with the limited simconnect api involves lots of trickery (that's why there isn't anything comparable around, except aes which uses hacks involving dlls).
I hoped that those pauses are quick enough, apparently they aren't. I hope to come up with an other, better, pause-free solution and I have already an idea in my mind. I hope it is doable with the fsx sdk.
If not, I guess i'll have to have this pausing to be configurable in the ini file..

Regards
P3r
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by P3r »

Hi

Atleast we know whats causing it now, and thats good.

Are there any temporary workaround solution for this?
Is it possible to have the SODE on but in a paused state and still have those Jetways showing without the animations?

Because if you disable SODE you also remove the Jetways.

Br
Per