EPWA Warsaw Chopin Airport X

Latest version: v1.97 (2020)

Patrick Chaieb
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Patrick Chaieb »

Rafal wrote:VAS usage-1.5 GB
Will there be any further investigations to optimize it? It's the only point which makes me wait to buy the scenery :(

Regards
Patrick
Best Regards
Patrick
Rafal

Post by Rafal »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Dziwne to, ¿e sceneria zajmuj±ca na dysku 250MB u¿ywa 1,5GB VASu
OK, Staszek, looks like a challenge? :wink: All right then.
So, here are a few points concerning the VAS usage:

1. On my disc it takes more than twice this space (537 MB). Now I wonder why?
2. It is the first time I hear that the VAS usage is the equivalent of the hard disc space taken by an addon. Are you sure on that?
3. To remain fair, I admit the 1.5 GB usage was the peak value measured. But it doesn't change the fact EPWA shows the highest VAS usage of all my addon airports (and I do have a lot of them).

Once again, a quick comparison made fifteen minutes ago.
No addon aircaft (just the default trike, no live weather, no traffic, no TrackIR, etc).

Pure FSX (before loading any scenery):

FlyTampa LOWW (with all its goodies ON):

DD EPWA v1.1 (with low texture pack applied):

Embraer
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by Embraer »

Mój sprzęt wcale nie należy do najgorszych ale faktycznie ustawienia poniżej średnich wartości + Active Sky Next + AI + Airbus X Aerosoft i za każdym razem zaliczam OOM :/ i to po zainstalowaniu wersji 1.1 z lżejszymi teksturami.
jarzemant
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by jarzemant »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Nie powinno to wywalać dróg a tymbardziej zmieniać landclassu, ale dla pewności można naprzemiennie usunąć plik "CVX_EPWA_X.BGL" a następnie go przywrócić i usunąć 2 pliki "cvx_drogi_*.BGL". Być może te dwa pliki, dodające ruch samochodowy na obszar miasta, coś krzaczą w Vectorze, choć wątpię.
Potwierdzam, "CVX_EPWA_X.BGL" koliduje z Vectorem i OpenLC Europe - po usunięciu landclass i drogi są na swoim miejscu.
Sceneria z resztą doskonale pasuje do dróg Vectora - S2 łączy się idealnie :D

Pliki z drogami nie mają wpływu na Vectora i OpenLC- ale po ich dezaktywacji minimalnie rosną FPS'y, a na drogach i tak jest ruch generowany przez Vectora.

Dziękuję.
adiks7
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by adiks7 »

Kuba Pa wrote:Problem z trafficiem namierzony. Jak ktoś ma DEMO niech sprawdzi czy w folderze ze scenerią znajdują się takie pliki:

Code: Select all

EPWA1129.bgl 
EPWA1533.bgl
Najlepiej je gdzieś przenieść i sprawdzić czy ruch samolotów wrócił, oraz sprawdzić czy nie zniknęło oświetlenie pasów.
Faktycznie po usunięciu tych plików, samolotów mam więcej na płycie, ale podczas ładowania wywala błąd, trzeba osiem razy kliknąć ok i idzie dalej.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Rafal wrote:OK, Staszek, looks like a challenge?
No - but AFAIK nobody made a better performing EPWA versus visuals so far, but go ahead, the market is large. :wink:
Rafal wrote:It is the first time I hear that the VAS usage is the equivalent of the hard disc space taken by an addon. Are you sure on that?
Negative, but it seems to be logical, although I might be wrong.
Rafal wrote:it doesn't change the fact EPWA shows the highest VAS usage of all my addon airports
Refer to #1
Rafal wrote:DD EPWA v1.1
But is that a bad result? If so, I guess we simply can not do it any better!

By the way, a few days ago we were testing the scenery, together with Warsaw City X on a professional B738 flight sim used for training (single PC running FS triple-monitor visual system + another one managing the hardware). We were flying for about 3 hours, switching settings, planes, visiting various places and having fun over the whole area. Enabled settings included car traffic, cloudy weather and full (!) autogen. There were no signs of OOMs or low performance though. So I have no idea what you guys do with your PCs but something seems to be clearly wrong with the settings rather than the product itself. Obviously I am not blaming anyone but simply suggesting to investigate the problem on your side as well, not only saying "it does not work" or "it works worse than product X".
Embraer wrote:Mój sprzęt wcale nie należy do najgorszych
Nie mam pojęcia, co to znaczy "nie najgorszy sprzęt".
Embraer wrote:ustawienia poniżej średnich
Jak wyżej.
Embraer wrote:za każdym razem zaliczam OOM
Być może sprzęt nie jest ani najgorszy ani najlepszy, lub jest po prostu zasyfiony i trzeba postawić od nowa system. A może po prostu się przegrzewa przy tych upałach. A może po prostu nasz produkt jest bardziej szczegółowy od produktu X który działa szybciej i trzeba trochę zejść z ustawień - na przykład ograniczyć maksymalną ilość warstw chmur w AS Next. Wróżką nie jestem, ale jak wywala OOM 5ty raz to wywali i 6ty, więc nie ma sensu próbować na upartego, żeby potem napisać, ile to razy się otrzymało OOM. W P3Dv2 OOM bez trudu można otrzymać nawet na defaultowych sceneriach, odpowiednio dobierając ustawienia, więc to żadne osiągnięcie.
jarzemant wrote:Potwierdzam, "CVX_EPWA_X.BGL" koliduje z Vectorem i OpenLC Europe
Dzięki bardzo za info!
adiks7 wrote:podczas ładowania wywala błąd, trzeba osiem razy kliknąć ok i idzie dalej
Bo najpierw trzeba zamknąć FSa a potem wywalać pliki...
Patrick Chaieb wrote:Will there be any further investigations to optimize it? It's the only point which makes me wait to buy the scenery
Honestly after the last test (described above) I don't think it is really required and that a properly configured PC would run it without any difficulties.
Rafal

Post by Rafal »

DD Stanislaw wrote:No - but AFAIK nobody made a better performing EPWA versus visuals so far, but go ahead, the market is large.
With this approach I'm out.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Why is that? Is encouraging to do something by yourself a bad approach? I don't get it. It wasn't a point to make you feel offended but I am sure that with the knowledge you have presented here you would be able to participate in some large commercial projects not only as a beta-tester (if you haven't done so yet). There is nothing wrong with it and it gives a lot of fun, especially if you get paid for it as a team member. As far as I've seen here you've found the largest amount of bugs and everything that could fail in the product did so in case of your setup - so you are a perfect candidate for any testing. Check your PM by the way.
mkma
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by mkma »

hello, I was wrong to write in the previous post, we have to stop the aircraft before the second line of the parking and then use the sequence Stand 14R 1L and 14L 1L upper :D
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Ok, thank you for the explanation.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

It wasn't a point to make you feel offended
Maybe it wasn't your point, but as far as I see Rafał is doing his best to find the reason of possible bugs and reasons of problem with performance. I'm sure that it's not good idea to suggest creating own EPWA scenery to the person, which spends his privat time helping you to improve your product.

Please also remember that most of us also remember that the Warsaw 2015 X is being expected - if your EPWA scenery will not offer good balance between performance and visuals, we will not be able to use both products, in whic you invested your time, money and passion. So please believe me - we have good intensions, even if sometimes sounded too aggressive.
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
Patrick Chaieb
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Patrick Chaieb »

Rafal wrote:
DD Stanislaw wrote:No - but AFAIK nobody made a better performing EPWA versus visuals so far, but go ahead, the market is large.
With this approach I'm out.
I fully understand, but I hope you'll find the way back cause I personally did much appreciate your effort and your investigations here!

Martin_Starski wrote:
It wasn't a point to make you feel offended
Please also remember that most of us also remember that the Warsaw 2015 X is being expected - if your EPWA scenery will not offer good balance between performance and visuals, we will not be able to use both products, in whic you invested your time, money and passion. So please believe me - we have good intensions, even if sometimes sounded too aggressive.
Well said, exactely my words.

Regards
Patrick
Best Regards
Patrick
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Obsolutely and I do appreciate that. There is something however that must be understood about the performance - a detailed scenery requires more resources than a less detailed scenery... even if it is optimized as much as possible - and I don't think of any ways of optimizing EPWA any better. Well, obviously textures can be resized until we come up with something similar to the Demo (or the previous freeware version), but this is not the point either I guess. If you was using the previous freeware EPWA on settings close to maximum VAS, it is obvious that with the same settings FS will not handle it! According to our tests EPWA uses only about 200MB more VAS than our EPGD, which is more than a satisfying result if considering the scenery's complexity.

It is definitely possible to use both - Warsaw City X and EPWA X - on any kind of PCs that runs FSX smoothly (lets say 3,5GHz and 8GB RAM) if the computer itself is well maintained, core temperatures are low, no defragmentation occurs, hard drives are kept in good condition and the operating system is clear of rubbish. If not - it will freeze, crash while enroute (without any add-on sceneries) and perform an unestimaited amount of other various strange things.

From my side I can assure you that we have put all our skills and knowledge to optimize every single object from the whole airport area as much as possible and it is definitely possible to find FS settings that make the airport perfectly flyable and stable.

So the conclusion might sound:
Rafal wrote:EPWA shows the highest VAS usage of all my addon airports
...because it might simply be the most detailed one, which was our goal from the very beginning.

Or let me say this in another words - we have put much more effort than required for reaching a commercial success, simply because EPWA is quite a special location for us and because we wanted it to be an unseen-before experience for virtual pilots. Considering this, we would expect customers to put a little effort as well into setting their sims properly to make the product perform stable as it won't do so with all sliders to the right.
jarzemant
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by jarzemant »

DD Stanislaw wrote: It is definitely possible to use both - Warsaw City X and EPWA X - on any kind of PCs that run FSX smoothly (lets say 3,5GHz and 8GB RAM) if the computer itself is well maintained, core temperatures are low, no defragmentation occurs, hard drives are kept in good condition and the operating system is clear of rubbish. If not - it will freeze, crash while enroute (without any add-on sceneries) and perform an unestimaited amount of other various strange things.
Na całkiem niemłodym już sprzęcie: i2500k@4.5 z GTX760@1100 w Prepar3Dv2 z włączonymi cieniami (chmury drzewa), pozostałymi suwakami mocno w prawo, pogodą ASN i w otoczeniu tysięcy budynków generowanych przez Orbx OpenLC Europe z drogami Vectora, osiągam stabilne 25-30 fps przez całe podejście do EPWA (Q400, A2A-wszystkie), 30 fps na płycie i przy terminalu.
A warto dodać że całość chodzi w rozdzielczości 3820x1024.

Nie mierzyłem VAS'u, ale jak na razie na wersji 1.1 (tekstury w wersji lite) nie zaliczyłem żadnego OOM.

Pozdrawiam,
streichholz
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by streichholz »

I tested EPWA v1.1 now. One flight from ENGM - EPWA. Everything seems to work now. :) No OOM and no Crash anymore. :) Thanks

But one little thing. The Gate markings (1, 2, 3....) in P3D are black in P3D during night. Nothing serious, just for the information. :)