Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I think Jeffrey is the only one who knows the answer. :wink:
12bPilot
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by 12bPilot »

airbuspilot wrote:@Marcin

Yeah sure! So what did you think I was leaving out with the dots instead ? :mrgreen:

@Stanislaw

Ok. I think it is now 1:1 :P -> with SHIFT+D the SODE onscreen menu pops up at EPWA and the jetways are selectable and dockable, and the tiny nice other features as well. Looks like it works well finally! Thank you for your great support! :wink:
But please - forgive me - tell me why is it, that using the mouse in P3D under drop down menu Add-ons->SODE 1.4.1 I find the selectable entry in line 1:
"Text Menu Commands:TAB+S ; SHIFT+VK_MINUS" ? :roll:
I'd really expect it reading "Text Menu Commands:TAB+S ;SHIFT+D" instead. :| Or am I mistaken?
Shouldn't we call that ... let me think ... hm....a bug ? :P
Actually this entry there is much more powerful than a line in TFM - and IF there would have been SHIFT+D I'd tried the combination for sure... and would have left you in peace. :mrgreen:

BTW: which key is "VK_MINUS" ?? :shock: Come on, that's not another term for "SHIFT+D" is it ? :mrgreen:

Cheers

Steffen
SHIFT+VK_MINUS was the very first command in early versions of SODE. Because this mapping was sometimes used by other add-ons this lead to a conflict: That's why I've introduced the Tab+S command. The Tab combination commands are the "official" SimConnect key commands. Unfornately, PMDG's FMC filters the Tab key for the keyboard entries into their FMC, so I was forced to leave a secondary key combo to the user. The default value of that secondary combo is SHIFT+VK_MINUS and that's what you see in the menu. It is possible to change the secondary combo to something else via ini file so I doesn't conflict with existing mappings.
In the meanwhile, the majority of users are using Tab+S and that's why I have removed the secondary combo in the upcoming SODE V1.4.2 per default. So you will only see Tab+S in the future. But it will be still possible to map a secondary combo if desired (for users of PMDG for example).

SHIFT+D is a special, custom command exclusively for Drzewiecki Design only mentioned in their manual. Since it is not a general SODE command, you'll not find it in the menu.
airbuspilot
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by airbuspilot »

Hi Jeffrey!
Thanks for your reply! Wow, what cool Features you offer!
Thanks a lot for that important information!
Keep up the good work!
Highly appreciated.

Best regards / Salut

Steffen

[ Added: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:38 ]
@Stanislaw and Jeffrey

PS: I really have to say both of you offer a really great support. Thank you so much.
hobeprime
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Jetways too high

Post by hobeprime »

Hello,
first of all: a wonderfully designed airport. I like it very much.

I have scanned through this thread and believe my problem is not among it: The SODE jetways are too high and too far from the aircraft.

My example images are from EPWA gate 5 with an Aerosoft Airbus 319. It's the same on all EPWA stands I've tested, no matter if I use the Shift+D or the GSX commands.
As you can see, the Aircraft is almost precisely parked in the correct position. I use SODE 1.4.1. On other airports with SODE support, the jetways dock correctly

As you can see, the aircraft is correctly configured:

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Kind regards, Dennis

P.S.: Did I mention that this is an exceptionally beautifully designed airport?
lhpdx40
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

EPWA crosswind afcad

Post by lhpdx40 »

Just wanted to say first how much I enjoy your beautiful rendering of the EPWA scenery in FSX...Hats off to all of the developers involved....I have two question...Does anyone have a updated afcad with the crosswind runways working? Also, is there a way to remove the statics planes? Thanks again....
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Thanks! Yes, you can remove static aircraft using the installer.
mikus12345
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

SODE stops P3D

Post by mikus12345 »

I've got strange problem. When SODE loads at EPWA simulation stops for 1-2 seconds an then everything is all right. It stops only when SODE is loading or when all jet bridges are moving. For example at EPGD it doesn't occur. When I deactivated SODE, P3D works perfectly. I have EPWA, Warsaw City X, ORBX with OpenLC and REX Soft Clouds.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Is it the newest version of SODE? Where did you get it from?
mikus12345
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by mikus12345 »

I installed latest version of SODE yesterday, from the link which is provided in your installer.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Please try installing the one from the SODE website. Jeffrey might have changed something lately.
mikus12345
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by mikus12345 »

I installed 1.4.2 version, which I downloaded from SODE website, but it didn't help
Sebol
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Sebol »

Przesiadłem się na 777 i co? Rękaw zapomniał, że można się przysunąć.

Da się to naprawić jakoś? Dodam, że dodałem wpis do [exits].

Gdy odsunę się nieznacznie w prawo to rękaw do przednich drzwi się przysuwa, ale samolot stoi znacznie poza standem.
nake_99
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Returning to previous versions of EPWA

Post by nake_99 »

Hello. at the beginning I want to say It is my first post so sorry for my mistakes.

I bought EPWA few days ago after using demo and when I loaded it for the the first time I saw this new lighting system and there is my question is it possible to get previous version of this scenery without this new lights.
I know that version 1.5 has default p3d lights and it is free from shimmering bug.
Unfortunately in my sim (p3dv3) this new ones look not too good. Everything apart from it looks amazing. Thank you for your quick response
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello. Is there anything wrong with the new lighting system? I dont think there is any way to buy historical versions - only the newest are available.
nake_99
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Strange runway lights

Post by nake_99 »

If there is no way to get previous version of EPWA I have one question

If it is normal that when I look perpendicularly to the lights I see only flat texture and it look very strange for me.

I dont know include screenshot (sorry for that) is there any solution for this problem

Thank you for the answer

[ Added: Sun Feb 26, 2017 18:45 ]
Hello I found the way to show my problem :D

In my opinion these lights look very strange. If I'd look perpendicularly they would look flat. Is there any way to repair it.

Thank you again