New York City X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: New York City X

Post by DD Stanislaw »

It looks correct. Residential buildings are not lit at night.
http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodNYCity_X.htm
terrykb
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Ken

Post by terrykb »

Ok thanks for the explanation that Residential Buildings are not lit at night.
This seems unrealistic, may I suggest a future patch be done that does put lights in residential buildings
Cheers
Ken
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Yes, we will consider that.
grpjansen
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: George

Post by grpjansen »

Hi,

I have recently purchased New York City airport packs and New York city through Justflight.
The airports are fantastically detailed and great work overall. Well done!
The NY city buildings are also great and add to the immersion.

My one issue with the NY city scenery is the urban autogen and terrain texture surrounding the city.
I have Orbx Global textures, trees, buildings and NA vector installed and it is objectively better IMHO.

Is there a way to switch off the NY City autogen whilst keeping the city buildings?

If there is not, could I request you consider to add a means for future patch installer to allow for just the NY Buildings/bridges to be installed?

Regards.
George
PS. Running P3dV5 HF2
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, there's no such option and I'm afraid we will not create such feature. Even if it's described by you, it's hard to imagine how such combination can work together without any discrepancies. However you can "play" with disabling our bgl files and then activating them case by case - in such way you may find the best setup with your other addons.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

George, feel free to do some experiments - f/e removing our AGN files and ortho.
FBWFTW
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Rosko

Post by FBWFTW »

Hi there, big fan of your scenery. I have one question about NYC-X. I have LGA/JFK/TEB for P3D V5 used in conjunction with NYC-X. I received one email from SimMarket saying there was an update for my NYC Airports and to install NYC Airports 2.6 over my current installation. I'm wondering if I have the current version of NYC-X as both the city/airports are in V2.6-could you please advise the release date of NYC-X 2.6?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
The newest version of NYC X is indeed 2.6 . You may check which version you have installed by viewing the file called "information.cfg" located in Prepar3D v5\Addon Scenery\New York City X\Documents .
thomaskrol
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by thomaskrol »

Hello!

I just bought and installed the City in version P3dv5.1. When Enhanced Atmospherics are turned on, the bridges get strange textures, see the picture. When EA is turned off its all normal.. Is there any fix for this?

Regards,
Thomas
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, thanks for reporting. Perhaps it's caused by some kind of shaders issue or something like that. We haven't seen this during our tests, but it's already noted and we will check this before the release of next update.
thomaskrol
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by thomaskrol »

Martin_Starski wrote: Saturday 14 Nov 2020, 08:14 Hi, thanks for reporting. Perhaps it's caused by some kind of shaders issue or something like that. We haven't seen this during our tests, but it's already noted and we will check this before the release of next update.
Thank you for your reply! It seems as it is happening to the bridges, but also to some other objects like ferries. All buildings are good to go. Looking forward for the update!

Regards,
Thomas
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Please note that Enhanced Atmospherics is a [beta] and has bugs, this might be one of those. It seems that objects with transparency are not correctly rendered in this case.
teje724
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Tristen

Post by teje724 »

I need assistance when it comes to New York City X v2.6, I noticed I would get double bridges. I would then remove the P3D bridges only for some of the other bridges to go missing. I've also tried the fix that was posted on this topic a couple of pages ago, to no avail. Can anyone help please?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Are you sure you have installed the last v2.6? It was fixed in this version.
Which sim are we talking about?
Have you tried this? viewtopic.php?p=20099#p20099
teje724
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Tristen

Post by teje724 »

I can confirm that I do have the latest v2.6. I am currently using P3D 4.5, I tried the link and correctly placed it in the right folder and I am still seeing double bridges north and south of KLGA. I am also seeing double stadiums, north of KLGA and double buildings along the east river of Manhattan.