New York City X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Not really, they have to load at some point. Try using the Lite Texture Pack - they will load much faster.
Greg
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Greg »

Unfortunately that makes no difference.

It's not just about being black until loaded once. Even if they are loaded, they disappear again and come back after a few seconds...
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Well, if the issue was less visible in P3Dv3, P3Dv2 and FSX than it is probably retaled to how P3Dv4 handles texture loading or different sim settings making the loading to take longer time. I do not see any other way for this to happen... Please note that some parameters like Level Of Details were enhanced in P3Dv4 (f/e clouds, autogen and other details can appear from further distance) which make the sime appear to perform worse even with at same settings as in P3Dv3.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

We are glad to inform you that the new version of this product (v2.3) has been sent to stores. New in v2.3:
- Additional changes for full compatibility with NY Airports v2 X
- Further autogen enhancements
- Ground seasonal textures and water channel edited
jeffmcnair
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by jeffmcnair »

Hello Stanislaw,
How do I uninstall v2.25? Got an email from SimMarket notifying of V2.3, saying it is a complete replacement, and "current users just need to remove the old version, and install the new one". Could you explain a bit more? Just wanted to make sure I do it correctly, before installing the new version.
Thanks, looking forward to trying out v2.3 and New York airports v2 X!
Jeff
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
I think you can ignore the message but just in case you might remove product's folder from the Addon Scenery folder.
coolpilot06
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by coolpilot06 »

Hello - great job on the new update. I am noticing great improvement in terms of overall performance (albeit, also in p3d v4 without the memory constraints as well).

Only issue I am having is when I change views, sometimes the buildings are black then the texture appears. Is there any setting I can play with to minimize the texture load time?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Probably the only thing you can try is the Lite Texture Pack...
jetkid50
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by jetkid50 »

I would like to try out the demo but I don't see a P3v4 option.
Raller
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Raller

Post by Raller »

coolpilot06 wrote:Only issue I am having is when I change views, sometimes the buildings are black then the texture appears. Is there any setting I can play with to minimize the texture load time?
I have the same issue from the beginning on. Meanwhile i have a better PC and still have this "black flickers". Same in P3Dv3 and P3Dv4. I played around with settings like TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT and TEXTUREMAXLOAD, but nothing realy helped. Installing the light textures brings nothing.

I have dozens of Scenerys from several developers, but the "black flicker" happens only with DRZEWIECKI DESIGN...

Raller
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Raller wrote:I have dozens of Scenerys from several developers, but the "black flicker" happens only with DRZEWIECKI DESIGN...
It happens only in Manhattan group of buildings from our entire collection of products. :wink:
I am afraid we have no solution to this right away rather than going down with your sim's graphic settings a bit and using the Lite Texture Pack.

Tech info: Manhattan Area buildings use a set of low resolution textures (512x512) which are displayed while viewing the city from a larger distance. This is used during approaches to airports like KEWR, KLGA or KJFK and helps to maintain proper VAS. When you get closer to the city (to specific groups of buildings) a second, high resolution set of textures (4096x4096) is being loaded and this is the moment you are describing as "black textures". The loading time directly depends on how system resources are being handled as well as how much of other stuff your system needs to load (autogen, water reflections, clouds etc).

Additionally P3D uses higher LOD settings than they were in FSX so limiting the Level of Details radius just a bit might also work very well.
Greg
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Greg »

Would it be possible to skip the low res textures and to load the high res textures directly in P3Dv4 as there are (almost) no VAS restrictions anymore?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Not without re-exporting all the models in the project.
Raller
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Raller

Post by Raller »

DD Stanislaw wrote:...When you get closer to the city (to specific groups of buildings) a second, high resolution set of textures (4096x4096) is being loaded and this is the moment you are describing as "black textures". The loading time directly depends on how system resources are being handled as well as how much of other stuff your system needs to load (autogen, water reflections, clouds etc)...
Hi Stanislaw,
that would mean that using the Low-Resolution-Textures should bring a little improvement, but the "blackout-time" looks the same with low or high resolution textures installed. I guess it is the technique itself that causes the "blackout".

Don't get me wrong, i love the NY Scenery and i'm looking forward to get the Airports...

Regards
Raller
pmb
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by pmb »

Hi,

I have a question on autogen in New York City X under Prepar3d4. Here ia is cutout from a view over Brooklyn
While Manhattan has extremely dense autogen, the view over Brooklyn looks rather sparse. Is this the way it is designed or is there, possibly, some installation issue on my side?

I also observe occasional black buildings (even with Lite textures) ann a few long frames, obviously while reloading scenery. On the other hand, the general performance is really good (I get 30 fps, which my monitor is set to, nearly throught) and Manhattan just looks spectacular.

My system is Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus Z170 / Kingston DDR4 32 GB/ Samsung SSD M.2500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB / EVGA GTX 1080 Ti11GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 /

I use high settings (autogen and objects maxed) but that's what I got the system for.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael