New York City X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

paulyg123
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Compatibility Question

Post by paulyg123 »

I am new to P3D and just discovered your great work. I read many of the posts - didn't find exact answer, so be patient and answer this one question.

I have P3D version 3.4. I just installed it last week. So when buying your products like New York City V2, if is says P3D Version 3 compatible, can I assume it means for version 3.4???

It may be a stupid question, but I need to know before I buy.

I can't wait for NYC Airports - for P3D v3.4 - keep up the great work and hopefully I can buy many of your products.

Paul (new member)
Paul
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Indeed, NYCv2 is fully compatible with P3Dv3.
Heiner
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Heiner »

Hi Stanislaw.
I bought New York City V 2 two weeks ago. After installing in FSX ACC and WINDOWS 10 /64 I have a Quarter of the Buildings only in NY city dark.
How can I change this ?
Heiner
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Does it look differently than on promo screenshots? If so, please post a few shots here.
PhilipN
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

KLGA elevation

Post by PhilipN »

Just installed the NYCX demo, and flew to KLGA where I found that the runway had an issue with elevation--there were lots of places where the ground went over the runway by about 10-20 feet. Is this a known issue, or is it something else I've installed? I don't believe that I've installed any other addon scenery that covers the location of KLGA.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Which sim did you install it to?
Please check for dublicated AFCADs - f/e some AI programs add them.
PhilipN
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by PhilipN »

FSX (not Steam), and the only AI I'm aware of that I have installed is WOAI. Where would I look for the duplicate AFCADs, and does WOAI install them?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I think Global Vector by ORBX also adds them.
Also please check if in FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery there is a file related to KLGA - there should be one file.
If everything is in place, please post a screenshot of how does it look like.
PhilipN
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by PhilipN »

I do have the FTX Global Iceland demo installed; could that be messing with KLGA? If so, would it help if I uninstalled that using FTX Central?

In Scenery/World/Scenery, I saw a bunch of files, but only one said KLGA on it--its name was AFX_KLGA_ALT.bgl. Did that come with New York City X? If not, will deleting it solve the problem? If so...will deleting it still solve the problem? lol
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Negative - everything seems to be just correct.
Are you sure KLGA is marked as Active in the Scenery Library?
PhilipN
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by PhilipN »

1) Just realized that this question I've been asking is about New York Airports X rather than New York City X, so it should probably be elsewhere.

2) Just looked around in the New York Airports X DEMO scenery area (which I'd manually added as a scenery area since I realized it hadn't been automatically added), and realized that there were three more areas to add inside it. I did that for KLGA, and it seems to work wonderfully now (well...the framerate isn't great on my laptop, but that's not your fault--what can I expect with a second-gen Core i5 mobile processor and an NVS5200m graphics card?).

The big takeaway from this is that it appears the readme is wrong about something: It says that the installation is fully automatic and the airports will be added to my scenery library without any further action on my part, which seems to have turned out not to be the case. Might want to fix that readme for New York Airports X to tell people how to add 1) New York Airports X DEMO (or the real version if that's what they have), 2) KLGA, 3) KEWR, and 4, KJFK to their scenery libraries.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

The installer is fully automatic indeed, including scenery.cfg entries. No idea why it did not work in your case though.
edkap
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by edkap »

I have NYC X v2 installed in both FSX and P3D. But in P3D there are objects missing, like a lot of the bridges (George Washington, Triborough, Throgs Neck, Whitestone, as well as Yankee Stadium. Upper Manhattan and the Bronx looks quite barren also. I've unistalled and reinistalled in P3D several times but keep getting same omissions. FSX version looks fine. I have P3D v3. Any ideas what is wrong?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
Please try putting THIS FILE into Prepar3D main folder\Scenery\NAME\scenery . It should look exactly like on these promo screenshots: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodNYCity_X.htm .
Best regards
Stanislaw
edkap
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by edkap »

I had that file in there already, although it was from 2013 (version 1?). In any event, I did switch it out for the one you gave me. There is no difference. Manhattan, from Central Park down, looks good. But above that it is pretty sparse. The bridges over the East River in Manhattan are there (Brooklyn, Manhattan, etc.), but as I said before, the Triborough, connecting Manhattan to the Bronx, the Whitestone and Throgs Neck, connecting the Bronx to Queens, and the George Washington, connecting northern Manhattan to New Jersey are all missing. In addition, a main landmark such as Yankee Stadium in the Bronx, is missing. Your description says the scenery includes the five boroughs, so I am assuming that should be there even though I can't tell from the pics on your website because the are mostly of mid and lower Manhattan. I am assuming that all these scenery objects should be there as they are major landmarks. And they are there in FSX.