New York City X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Okay, there is a chance that one of the default FS areas are deactivated in your Scenery library. For areas North of Manhattan some default bridges are used indeed, but this requires all default files to be active. This is the most probable case why those bridges are not visible. The other case would be of another scenery is higher in the Scenery Library list and it is excluding the bridges.
edkap
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by edkap »

OK Stanislaw... you got it! I had the Eastern North America default scenery deactivated since I was flying around out west recently and I forgot to reactivate it. I checked it off in the scenery library and now the structures are there. Thanks for your help!
-Ed
asegm08
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by asegm08 »

Request:

I really want to enjoy this scenery however with the newer aircraft having more features it is becoming extremely difficult for customers like me to enjoy the scenery because the scenery is dragging performance down drastically.

In example my system is as follows
Gigabyte G1 Z170X , I7 6700K 4.8GHZ, 16GB RAM, P3Dv4 on SSD 480GB. W10 64BIT on seperate SSD (for faster loading) and an GTX1080TI.

Even with that system this scenery manages to make my system stutter because of constant loading and reloading when I am on final when using complex aircraft such as the TFDI 717 , FSL A320, and PMDG 737.

If there was a way to only activate the larger lower Manhattan, Brooklyn and Hoboken buildings I would be happy and would enjoy this scenery more.

Is it possible you would consider for us tube liners to give us some advice to remove the lower buildings and only use the larger buildings?

As always really happy to be a customer with you.

-Al
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi!
You shoudl definitely use the Lite Texture Pack for the airliner flying but indeed, NYC is our most demanding scenery. This will definitely change to a better side when we work on v3 of that product (updating all the buildings etc) however it won't be our next product after Seattle.
asegm08
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by asegm08 »

So is there a way that I can have mostly JUST the freedom tower?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Of course there is but you can't do that without having the source files and right now we have absolutely no free resources to work on individual product customizations. In case you need just a few buildings from the Manhattan area, you may try installing the DEMO version instead which seems to have exactly what you need.
claude101141
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Problem with NYC Demo under FSX Acceleration

Post by claude101141 »

Good evening,
I've been trying all day to test your NYC demo but seem to encounter a rather curious problem.

I'm using FSX acceleration Sp2 under Windows 10 Pro fully updated on a desktop with the following configuration (see picture hereunder).

I have installed in my FSX, Flight1 UTX USA last version as well as Ground environment X USA updated to its last version.

I have configured my graphic card ( ASUS HD 7950 Dictrec CU II Top with 3GB ram) as shown in the following picture.

My scenery parameters are the following.

Here is the result when i fly above the town!!!!

My question is: Is your scenery compatible with UTX and GEX as these are the only software that could be concerned here; I made a point of deactivating or suppress any addon relative to NYC but the NYC Kennedy and La Guardia airports Which could not be held responsible for this obvious malfunction.

Thanks for some help in this matter asap, otherwise if I could not solve it I would regret not to be able to envisage to buy the full addon.

Regards
Claude Rozsa
Paris-France
CVGridley
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Static aircraft and AI

Post by CVGridley »

My apologies if this is information available here, couldn't find it - when installing, if I select static aircraft, will these interfere with AI (will all or most gates be occupied with static planes or will these be just extra eye candy)? Thanks!cvg
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Static aircraft and AI

Post by DD Stanislaw »

CVGridley wrote:if I select static aircraft, will these interfere with AI
Hi. Our static aircraft never interfere with AI but you can check that by yourself - simply install them and if you don't like them you can easily uninstall them. But please note that this product does not have any static aircraft available besides some helicopters but as far as I remember they can't be removed.
claude101141 wrote:I've been trying all day to test your NYC demo but seem to encounter a rather curious problem.
Hi. Please note that:
1. The minimal requirements to run the product is a 3GHz processor and a 4GHz is recommended - a 2.8 GHz is a very low-end configuration and the full version won't run smooth on that.
2. The presented screenshot shows exactly how the scenery should look like and there is no visible mulfunction. If you refer to the low amount of buildings then yes - this is the difference between the DEMO and the full version. You get about 5% of the buildings and a 4m/pix ground textures instead of 0,5m and only for the Manhattan area.
claude101141
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by claude101141 »

In fact What shocks me is the height of the buildings except of course the skyscrapers. They look like Brittany's pancakes! LOL! It seems elephants have marched inside Manhattan reducing them to less than one story high. Is the full product changing this? Is the .5m/pix making the difference? I'm not familiar with those variables.

As for the smoothness, it seems I have no problems with my present configuration.

Claude
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

claude101141 wrote:What shocks me is the height of the buildings except of course the skyscrapers. They look like Brittany's pancakes!
I am afraid I do not understand the problem. Please provide a clearer explanation. The full version looks exactly as on promo screenshots: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodNYCity_X.htm while the DEMO should look exactly as on your screenshot.
srcejon
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by srcejon »

Greg wrote:Would it be possible to skip the low res textures and to load the high res textures directly in P3Dv4 as there are (almost) no VAS restrictions anymore?
It would be great if you could add an option for this in v4. The product would be much improved without the black buildings.

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

It will be changed when we work on v3 of the product however note that all our products are compatible from FSX to P3Dv4 so "no VAS restrictions" do not apply to us - there are still plenty of customers using older 32-bit platforms and we won't ignore them.
dbw
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Performance

Post by dbw »

I had many years ago New York City and could not run it. Now we are on P3dV4 I thought I'd try your sceneries again. I have recently installed your demos for New York and Washington. Performance is great with the demos. How much of a hit will the full version result in? I have a powerful computer.

Should I buy the full versions do I install directly on top of the demo?

Thanks.
Dave
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Generally you should remove the DEMOs in this particular case, since the folder structure has changed and DEMOs might not be automatically removed. Simply remove their folders from the Addon Scenery and follow the sim's warning to remove the Scenery Library entry.

NYC performance: https://youtu.be/-FjlSFmEyO8?t=4m16s
NYA performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i0j36f2fHg , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyR5-g1KTls