Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

Homepilot_80
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Erik

New York City X - Problems in Brooklyn

Post by Homepilot_80 »

There was an image missing...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: New York City X

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hello, have you also checked how the city looks like without KJFK v2 from FSDT? Have you also checked the impact of FTX products - maybe the prioritization of scenery entries can make a difference.

Honestly speaking I need to check with my colleagues what can be done more with compatibility between both addons - for sure we can guarantee full compatibility with our NY airport packages.
jgnew
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: John

Post by jgnew »

Hi

I've installed FSX Steam Edition after my old hard drive committed suicide. When I try to install New York CIty X v 1.2, I get a message saying that Microsoft Flight Simulator X could not be found in my registry and directing me to a website to repair it. I run the website's "registry repair" program, directing the registry to the fsx.exe file successfully, but the same thing happens when I try to run the NY City X install program again.

Unfortunately, I can't remember from which vendor I bought the program (I DID buy it legitimately); I purchased it several years ago. Can you offer any suggestions?

Thanks
John
jgnew
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: John

Post by jgnew »

Actually, from a search in my email, I find that I purchased NYC X from BMT Micro Inc. on October 30, 2015, if that helps
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Firstly you are trying to install very old version - the last one is v2.3

Regarding the registry problem, please follow the instructions from this post: http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/view ... ?f=3&t=293
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

John, in our new products, in case a registry path is not found a user can create an own path. In older products (like the one you still have) it was not possible.
pestridge77
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: GeorgewagNA

Post by pestridge77 »

Hello, well done on an awesome package. I really love flying over your cities and airports. I am reinstalling my cities and airports from yourselves and I do love the way you install to the documents folder with the xml file. Although I would like to save some space on my sim drive and move all airports and cities to another drive. Can I simply just cut and paste from the Addon Scenery folder within P3Dv4 to another location and then just edit the xml file to show the new location? Will this produce any errors or problems with your products?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hello Adam, thanks for your kind words. We recommend not changing the location of folders.
pestridge77
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: GeorgewagNA

Post by pestridge77 »

oh thats poo pants.... thanks for getting back to me. Symbolic links it is then....
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

The only potential problems would be during any future updates, as the installer uses default Addon Scenery path for that. Besides, everything should work fine.
kmelz
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by kmelz »

Love the scenery, but was wondering if there was a way to disable the night ground textures specifically. I'm running a 3rd party 3D lights addon that doesn't appear through
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Well, I'm not sure how your 3rd party addon is working, so it's hard to say anything more. We weren't anticipating having to disable such feature. At the moment I can only suggest trying to disable specific bgl files in the scenery folder and see if it gives the desired effect.
virtualflying
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Grant

Correct installation?

Post by virtualflying »

Hi everyone

I fly into LaGuardia and JFK a lot so I decided to pick up NYC X and I flew into JFK today and noticed how small the area of custom buildings I have. After I landed I took a Robinson around the city, and I was noticing other than downtown Manhatten, I don't have any custom buildings anywhere. Even central park looks completely dead on one side (see imgur link: https://i.imgur.com/6doo4r9.jpg) I'm wondering if this is supposed to be like this? I didn't see anything in the manual about settings but these are mine: https://i.imgur.com/jld3OzE.png
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello Grant.
The product should look exactly as on promo screenshots, f/e here: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodNYCity_X.htm
The total amount of custom buildings is ~6300 and there are some other areas modeled beside Manhattan itself although you are right that the main focus has been put to Manhattan.
virtualflying
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Grant

Post by virtualflying »

Gotcha. I looked at this screenshot here (https://i.imgur.com/JwIXtYZ.jpg) and it doesn't look at all like mine in terms of buildings :/ https://i.imgur.com/5jvq5nh.jpg

Do you happen to know how to change this?