New York City X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

RobC
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by RobC »

Hi DD and everyone, I'm using P3Dv4. EVGA Z270 Classified K ; i7 7700k ; 16gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 ; EVGA 1080GTX SC ACX ;Creative Zx

Does anyone know how I can get better performance form the NYC scenery? I am getting these huge back patches that just ruin the beauty of the scenery. I have tried the lite textures, toning down details, tweaking the .cfg, turning down autogen, differing water settings yada yada and still it's the same thing.

As you can see from my video, I get great frame rates, it's just the scenery loads in huge chunks if I pan around, I see that others are able to tone that down a bit from browsing through the forums but I just can't seem to find a happy medium.

Could it be because I have all the NYC airport's enabled? I only really use JFK LGA and Newark.

thanks for any help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz42DYg2zMw
EVGA Z270 Classified K ; i7 7700k ; 16gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 ; EVGA 1080GTX SC ACX ;Creative Zx
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Actually the answer is pretty simple - back in 2013 a scenery of this size was a total experiment and although texture management was greatly improved in the v2 of this product in 2015, it could not have been done perfectly without rebuilding the whole set of ~6500 custom buildings from scratch which we could not afford, but we plan to do it in the v3 of this product.

Anyway, these topics about this particular issue are worth reading and they provide a few good tweaks:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/4860 ... -textures/ and
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/4851 ... remaxload/
RobC
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by RobC »

Well that’s good news!! I can’t wait!

I wondering if I turn off some of the NYC airports if that would help as well? I don’t really know how to do it in P3Dv4 I’m new to P3D, is there any easy to to turn off the other NY airports but JFK, LGA and Newark?

Is it possible to run the installers and remove just certian airports?

thanks DD for the links
EVGA Z270 Classified K ; i7 7700k ; 16gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 ; EVGA 1080GTX SC ACX ;Creative Zx
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

RobC wrote:Is it possible to run the installers and remove just certian airports?
Yes, this is exactly what you should do to deactivate some of the airports.
FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FireRx »

when is V3 scheduled. Stanislaw. and can I help beta test it? 8)
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm not sure if it's already scheduled - for sure it's planned, but you may be sure that no-one gives you a release date, not even the quarter of a year. I think Stanislaw will comment on this after January 4th.

Regarding beta testing you should try to send Email (including some details about your hardware / software) to Stanislaw directly, but I have no knowledge whether it will be possible at all.
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

FireRx wrote:when is V3 scheduled
2019? 2020? No idea yet! Not this year though.
Michael
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

P3D v4 crashes when I fly from KCDW towards Manhattan

Post by Michael »

I have a GTX 1070 video card and 32GB of RAM. I have New York City X and New York Airports v2 X installed, and I fly using a single 4K monitor. Every time I try to do a flight from KCDW to KJFK, P3D v4 crashes when I get within a couple of miles from Manhattan. Do you have some lower-res versions of your textures or BGLs with lower building counts for your Manhattan area scenery that would solve the problem? I don't want to lower my scenery settings for the area, nor do I want to disable the New York airports. I don't particularly care if the scenery is a "slide show" around Manhattan, I just want to avoid having P3D crash every time I fly over the city. If you don't have alternate BGLs I could use as replacements, can you suggest specific BGLs which are hard on performance that I could turn off but still have a reasonably nice rendition of Manhattan?

Thanks,
Michael
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Do you have the v2 of the city with the "Lite Texture Pack" installed?
Michael
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

The lite textures worked!

Post by Michael »

Thanks Stanislaw - switching to the "Lite Texture Pack" did the trick
Tamba765
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Tamba765 »

I'm not sure if I'm using this forum correctly since this is my first time, but here goes. I just installed the latest version of NYC X and KEWR looks great! The only issue I'm having is using my PMDG aircraft #2 NAV (112.0) to turn on the runway lights during the day. They come on for a few seconds, then go out. This keeps repeating. The stock P3Dv4 aircraft work OK. Has anyone else reported this? Thanks.
Pete Locascio
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Negative, it hasn't been reported before.
Please write in the NY Airports v2 X topic, which is about airports.
lootcorp
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Problems with NYC X?

Post by lootcorp »

Hello,

I just installed NYC X v2 in P3D v4. The install went successfully but the scenery was not loading or showing in the scenery menu -- I added it manually in the P3D scenery menu, adding the entire New York City X folder (located in the AddOn Scenery folder). Now the scenery seems to be working.

My question -- is the linked screenshot what it is supposed to look like? The landmark buildings look great, but the smaller buildings surrounding them look very dark. They have textures and the tops look ok, so I don't think it is a problem with the textures not loading, but not sure if this is what is should look like or if there is some issue with shadows/lighting.

I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple of times and no change -- each time I still have to manually add the scenery as mentioned above. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Screenshot

Thank you,

Jim
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
It seems to look correctly indeed.
Actually it should look exactly as on the promo screenshots: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodNYCity_X.htm

lancer27
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

MegaSceneryEarth compatibility

Post by lancer27 »

Hi, I was wondering if there are any issues with your marvelous scenery coupled with MegaSceneryEarth V3? I have their New York state and wish to add your New York City X. Would there be any problems that you could predict with the two being together? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Richard