New York City X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I haven't got any reply from LM while I believe the v2 of this scenery can't really be optimized any better... It is rather some sort of incompatibility that LM generated in the newest version. Lets hope they'll fix it.
FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FireRx »

I gotta tell ya, DD. This is the only scenery on all the different vendors that OOM's my P3D. All the others work fine. :roll:
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Well but it worked fine before, although it is definitely more heavy than other airport-only sceneries. Especially v2 worked really well. And there are no special scripts/modules used, not even SODE. Just a lot of buildings. I am sure they are working on that though.
FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FireRx »

yeah, Thanks , Sir 8) I'll just fly it in default scenery setting for now. at least that let's me fly around the city without OOM's
jc2231
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by jc2231 »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Exactly - simply remove it from Scenery Library. If the reason is that you've bought the full version then you do not need to remove the DEMO - this will be done automatically during install.
Hi Stanislaw, after removing the demo version from the scenery library and deleting the NYC X file folder, are there any other files that require manual removal? I only ask because the demo may be causing a conflict iwth another scenery I recently purchased. I checked the p3d/scenery/word/scenery folder...nothing...anything else?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
NYC X or NY Airports X? There shouldn't be any problems with NYC X after uninstall.
jc2231
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by jc2231 »

NYC X.
FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FireRx »

Stanislaw,
Will there be any undates forthcoming for the NYC X for P3D 3 at all. Still cannot fly it on other than default settings in V3.3. Use to be my favorite scenery to fly that you have made. Now I just avoid flying in the area as I VAS out at 2700mhz. :(
ntalimci
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Question

Post by ntalimci »

Dear DD,

First of all, I love your products. You are doing a great job. I have both New York City X and New York Airports X installed in my sim. They are working fine. However, I do have a simple question: is there a specific priority (order) in the scenery settings as to which one goes first?

Thank you for your prompt answer.
--Nazmi
FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FireRx »

GOOD News :D

Hey Stanislaw,
I just updated Prepar3D to the new build 3.4.9 and guess what? I can finally fly NYC X in all it's glory with my preferred setting. No more VAS or OOM's so far. So it seems the problem was in Prepar3D 3.3.5.

Wo0t! I'm a happy Pilot again. :mrgreen:
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Thanks for the info - good to hear that. :)
wtheurer02
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Not sure what I'm doing wrong

Post by wtheurer02 »

Hello Stanislaw.

I have been scouring the forums after installing and reading the documentation for both NYC X and NYC Airports. I think I may be missing something though. The docs say that it will add the files to the "Addon Scenery", but is that all i need to do - just install them? I'm rather new to this, but when I click on the Addon Scenery libray in FSX, they are not listed there.

Also, I have deleted the .BGL files, deleted the directories in the FSX folders as I have found in the forums and reinstalled the product, but it appears as if I am getting the default FSX sceneries.

Can you please help and advise?

Thanks...

Wayne
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
1. Please check if the product's folders (named New York City etc.) are located in FSX/Addon Scenery
2. Please check for FS Scenery Library entries

If the entries are there, check if directories to folders are correct. If entries are not there, you may add those folders manually.
wtheurer02
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by wtheurer02 »

Please help. I am at a loss and dont know what to do.

I have done a full uninstall and clean reinstall of all of my FSX:SE software, including NYCX and NYC Airports. Still the same problem - default scenery.

The folders are in the steamapps/common/fsx/addonscenery directories, but i am still getting nothing but default FSX scenery. I then try to "add area" but no matter which NYC Scenery directory i choose, i get a message that says "nothing matches your search".

Could please tell me what I am doing wrong and / or how to fix it?

THanks...

Wayne
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
FSX:SE in single or dual mode (FSX installed before or not?)?
Did you try adding the folders manually to the Scenery Library?