Moscow City X

Latest version: v1.6 (2020)

Ripcord
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Ripcord »

Cool -- Spasibo bolshoe!

Now I just have to wait for the guys the run the store where I bought it to upgrade. Probably will be tomorrow since today is Sunday.

[ Added: Mon Aug 15, 2016 09:16 ]
DD Stanislaw wrote: - 20 heliports added including Moscow Heliport
Is there a listing of the other 20 new heliport other than one you mention?

[ Added: Mon Aug 15, 2016 20:38 ]
OK I got about a dozen helipads so far, that I have located in Google Earth.

You got most of them.

I found 3 river helipads, which of course you got.
I found 4 hospital helipads -- you got 3 of them.
I found 3 federal buildings --- you got 2 of them.
I found the helipad at Vegas, which doesn't look like you modelled.
And of course Moscow Heliport which you nailed.

So clearly if you put 20 + helipads in here, then I am missing over half of them. I would really love to see the list.

If you like I'll share the ones that I think you missed (only 3 that I could see).
Zephyr RU
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

tuning of prepar3d.cfg

Post by Zephyr RU »

hi. I though, my prepar3d.cfg was best.
but I realize one thing when I fly from UUDD.
after take off, Moscow city insight in one minutes by F-22.
then, many loading starting. I got 1 - 3 sec stutters a few times.
is that reason of sim object file? or textures?

well. I wanna know about tuning tips of Moscow city X for high performance PC.

my summary cfg is this.
----------------------------------------------
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.1
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400
TEXTURE_FILTERING=16
TextureMaxLoad=6
----------------------------------------------

If I could I wanna see CFG of yours in this thread.
Ripcord
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Ripcord »

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=120
TEXTURE_FILTERING=16
TextureMaxLoad=15
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33

Mine is not perfect though and I still get some stutters, so I am still searching for something optimal.

[ Added: Tue Aug 16, 2016 23:42 ]

Whoa! That Moscow Heliport, it turns out, is only the first in a series of them.

http://www.heliport-reutov.ru/#location

They just opened another one over in Reuters, the other side of the city. Looks like they just had a grand opening, less than a week ago.

I had read that the Feds (Ministry of Transport) were promoting a project to develop these things at major highway intersections around the MKAD Ring Road, but I'd no idea that they would actually funded and built..!! I guess there is still some money over there, even with the low oil prices.

Looks there is another one there in Istra, west of the city. Make sense.
IgorMos
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Version 1.1

Post by IgorMos »

Where to get the updated version? I bought from simmarket, redownloaded the installer, reinstalled the product and nothing happened. I still have only one helipad (in Kremlin). Maybe I have not done something, or reinstalled wrong?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

New helipads do not have start locations - but they are located in same place as in real world. In total there are about 30 helipads but you need to find them yourself!
bankii
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

UUEE problem

Post by bankii »

Hi Stanislaw!

I purchased the Moscow scenery, very nice.
When I returned UUEE, the areas between the two runways are down five meters below the track.
What's the mistake?

THX:
Istvan
PS:
When departing from Moscow, then all is well.
IgorMos
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by IgorMos »

GSX is not working at UUBW Zhukovsky and UUWW Vnukovo. Error message is: "There is no parkings in this airport"
Please fix that.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

There are gates indeed.
IgorMos
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by IgorMos »

OK. I load at GATE A40 in Vnukovo, try to open GSX window and I have that message.
John Burgess
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by John Burgess »

DD Stanislaw wrote:There are gates indeed.
Hi there,
I can confirm that there are gates in the file AD_UUWW.bgl however GSX does not appear to use that file.
I checked which AFCAD is used by GSX using the parking customization option in the GSX menu and it is using the airport adjustment file AFX_UUWW_ALT.bgl in the P3D\scenery\world\scenery folder which, of course, contains no gates.
If I disable this file then GSX tries to use the file UUWW_06_24.BGL which, again, contains no gates.
I then found that by renaming AD_UUWW.bgl as zAD_UUWW.bgl (keeping AFX_UUWW_ALT.bgl disabled) GSX finally read this file and the gates appeared in the GSX menu. Presumably this is because the renaming caused it to be the last afcad type file read by GSX in the Moscow folder.

The couatl.log file, describing the GSX airport regeneration process, contains several lines saying:
Warning: airport UUWW described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
On the GSX forum this is explained as something which is simply a warning message which usually has no effect on the working of GSX but I wonder if for some reason it is causing GSX to use the wrong file in this instance.

Don't know if this helps but clearly something unusual is happening. I'm running P3D v3.3.5.17625

Anyway thanks for a superb piece of scenery, you've done a magnificent job!

All the best,

John
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Umberto wrote:In general, if an AFCAD doesn’t have any parkings, it should be automatically excluded by GSX. Note that, this requires to have the latest version of the program installed, which can ben obtained either downloading the latest full GSX installer, or (if the GSX installation is fairly recent), the Stand-Alone Add-on manager installer from our site.

It might be worth doing a “Restart Couatl and rebuild the airport cache” option from the Couatl Settings menu, after installing the update.
John Burgess
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by John Burgess »

DD Stanislaw wrote:
Umberto wrote:In general, if an AFCAD doesn’t have any parkings, it should be automatically excluded by GSX. Note that, this requires to have the latest version of the program installed, which can ben obtained either downloading the latest full GSX installer, or (if the GSX installation is fairly recent), the Stand-Alone Add-on manager installer from our site.

It might be worth doing a “Restart Couatl and rebuild the airport cache” option from the Couatl Settings menu, after installing the update.
Thanks for the quick reply.
I tried both suggestions and they make no difference.
I've also noticed that FSTramp and FSCommander, when rebuilding their scenery databases also seem not to be working quite right.
FSTramp has all the airport details but links the parking spots etc to the file UUWW_06_24.BGL.
FSCommander also has the details correct but claims they are based on the file AFX_UUWW_ALT.bgl

I tried creating my own AFX_UUWW_ALT.bgl using AFX. No change.
If I activate the MyTraffic afcad for UUWW (with Moscow scenery disabled) GSX reads it correctly.
If I replace the MyTraffic afcad (in the mytraffic folder) with AD_UUWW.bgl then GSX reverts to using AFX_UUWW_ALT.bgl

I tried editing the AD_UUWW.bgl with AFX and saving the modified version. Again no change.
It seems that there is something about the AD_UUWW.bgl file that is causing other programs to not give it the priority it should have.

I checked the other airports.
Only UUMU seemed to work correctly with GSX.
I use the Mdesign UUDD and that works fine.
I use your UUEE and that works fine.

Again thanks for a great scenery which I am now off to enjoy flying around!
Hope you can find what's causing the problems with GSX.
Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help test. I've run out of ideas of my own.

All the best,

John
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hmm... Have you tried to simply remove the ALT file?
John Burgess
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by John Burgess »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Hmm... Have you tried to simply remove the ALT file?
Thanks again for the quick reply

If I remove the ALT file GSX tries to use UUWW_06_24.BGL
The only way to make GSX work is to remove the ALT file and rename AD_UUWW.bgl as zAD_UUWW.bgl (or anything which will make GSX read it after UUWW_06_24.BGL).

Not sure what effect this has on the scenery though!

All the best,

John
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Renaming that file would have no effect in the scenery. Please let me know if that helped.