Washington X

Latest version: v1.5 (2020)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Double-checked, with fresh install of our product and SODE v 1.5.1 registered everything works just as it should.

Probably the best=fastest way to solve the issue would be to contact the developer of SODE (Jeffrey) here: http://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=442 or here: http://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=46
kaspern83
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Still Having issues with scenery.cfg missing after install

Post by kaspern83 »

Hello, i saw in the other sticky that the issue was resolved yesterday, but I just downloaded the installer from simmarket and I got the error message. I deleted renamed the scenery.cfg in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 and issues was resolved.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
The new installers were not sent to stores yet. Customers will be informed by the vendors as soon as this happen.
thielo
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Uninstalling Washington X

Post by thielo »

Simmarket informed me about a new Version of Wshington X. They wrote:
"........existing customers just need to remove the old version and install the new one."
--> There is no uninstall.exe related to Washington. Means "remove" really to remove the Washington-Folder from the sceneryfolder?
Best regards
Thielo
Thielo
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

The new version is about P3Dv4 installer only. You do not need to remove the previous version.
thielo
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by thielo »

Thanks for your quick response.

Greetings

Thielo
Thielo
dochi35
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by dochi35 »

I just bought this product and after downloading the file to unzip the file, I figure out there's nothing inside the file I just downloaded. And I did download it twice from two different links 'mirror USA and mirror world'.
Secondly, what kind of forum is this, where I can't post a topic. The only way I could post one is to come under someone's topic. If there's another way to post please let me know :twisted:
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
The method we use here is superior - all topics were already created for you. No need to post any new topics.

Please contact the store where you bought the product or try to download the file again. We do not provide customer support for what vendors do - they have their own customer support.
ESzczesniak
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by ESzczesniak »

I'm having some difficulties with pauses that only seem to be coming up when flying over this scenery area (Washington X) in P3D v4 and was hoping to get some feedback to help me deal with them.

I've been noticing after about 15 minutes of flying in this scenery area, I start to get 3-4 second pauses every 2-3 seconds. The pauses seem to get progressively longer and and more frequent as I spend more time in the area. Unfortunately, they have prevented me from completing a flight in to DCA to date.

Practically speaking, I know this is more likely related to settings than the scenery. I am having a hard time tracking down settings that make a difference though and am only noticing this over Washington X right now.

My simulator time for testing is not extensive, but I have not had similar issues at FSDT KCLT, FB KMSP, FSDT Hawaii (throughout the islands), or the New York area (FSDT/default city, no DD stuff up there). I do fly almost exclusively in the PMDG NGX and utilize Orbx FTG/NA Land Class and AS2016 weather.

I have tried reducing a handful of settings including VSycn (defualt on), LOD (defualt ultra), texture resolution (default 7 cm), AI traffic (default 50%), road traffic (default 45%). Reducing any of these (by 1-2 notches) had no effect at all.

Again, I understand this may be more settings related than scenery, but I thought I'd see if anyone here has any suggestions. Since I'm only encountering this issue over Washington X, I was hoping it was something you've seen before and could direct me some appropriate settings that would actually affect this.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
This behaviour can be related to an issue with SODE engine itself or with incorrect installation of it. I believe the most efficient way to solve this problem would be to contact SODE support directly in this case: http://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=442
ESzczesniak
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by ESzczesniak »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Hello.
This behaviour can be related to an issue with SODE engine itself or with incorrect installation of it. I believe the most efficient way to solve this problem would be to contact SODE support directly in this case: http://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=442
"

Thank you, I will try disabling/uninstalling SODE and see if it goes away. And if so, then contact them to see about fixing it.
Lemtrix
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Lemtrix »

After sorting out the problems with the buildings I have a new problem,
better said this problem was also there when the buildings did not show, I got a kind of grey/dark squares around my plane, the ground itself is also a bit flickering, till now this has only happened in washington and not in any other products (NY airports)
as far as I have understood it this is something related to the bmp files or something,
but not 100% sure, here is a picture that shows the proble

http://prntscr.com/gf1hqe

regards,

simon
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Are you using the option to enbale shadows for "no_shadow" flagged content? If so, you also need to remove the rain layer using the corresponding installer feature.
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Re: Washington X

Post by trisho0 »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Washington X by Drzewiecki Design
More info at/Wiêcej na: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodWash_X.htm

English and Polish discussion and support in this topic / Dyskusja po polsku i po angielsku w tym temacie.

ImageImageImage
Hi, does Washington X for FSX designed for resolution 1024, 2048 or 4096? My FSX Acceleration SP2 gives OOM with 4096 and sometimes also with 2048. An installer with 1024 would fit. I want to purchase Washington X for FSX. Any information about?
Patricio Valdes
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

There is Lite Texture Pack available for the project. Which resolution textures are in, does not matter.