Washington X

Latest version: v1.5 (2020)

Capbat
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Re: Washington X

Post by Capbat »

Hey Drzewiecki.
Am I stuck with a product I did not want?

Bat
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hey Laviolette.
Your request is beyond our technical support responsibility. Please contact the company that sold you the product. Maybe they would be willing to refund a perfectly working product but I doubt that.

Although we are doing our best to provide you quick and reliable technical support, unfortunately there are cases when we are not able to help you simply because the problem is not in our responsibility. Such issues are usually related to our vendors and our vendors only can provide you customer support.

Our vendors are responsible for:
• Publishing products for sale with correct and clear descriptions and links
• Publishing updates and informing customers about new versions as soon as they are available
• Handling of all payment-related stuff
• Providing downloads and customer accounts
• Handling of all non-standard procedures related to purchases (like refunds or product change)

No matter how much we want to help you with all the issues, it is not possible for us to manage the issues above. Each store is privately owned, each one uses different procedures and each one has different policies and priorities. Additionally product publishing time is different in each store although all vendors receive products (and updates) simultaneously in one e-mail. Taking the above into consideration, we do need to ask you to contact our vendors directly in some cases. Each store has a ticket system, a support forum, an e-mail or at least an FB account. Any way to contact a store is OK to solve your problem. Summarizing:

Please contact our vendors directly in the following cases:
• A certain product is not available
(please note that publishing a product or an update can take up to a month depending on a store)
• Product update is not available (please note that free updates are treated by vendors with the lowest priority)
• Download problems/questions, unopenable files, corrupt installers (due to download)
• Discounts and special update offers
• Bought a wrong version of a product
(f/e X instead of XP)

Please note that writing to us (or on this forum) rather than contacting a store directly makes solving your issue a much longer task. Besides, usually we are simply unable to offer any help regarding the above issues. Sure in "extreme" cases we can contact store managers directly but they are usually very busy people and solving any problems this way simply takes much longer since it can take few days for them to reply. Stores have dedicated customer support services to make things faster and easier for customers and it is highly recommended to use them.

We highly appreciate your cooperation in this matter!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

You are stuck with a product that you bought and you paid for. All descriptions about the products are very clear, so frankly speaking I cannot understand what do you expect, especially that you didn't buy it here but via your choosen shop. If you buy a CD without a favorite song, where do you go: to the store or to the author?
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
Capbat
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Capbat »

Hey to the both of you.
Thank you VERY MUCH, it is very appreciated.

Yours truly.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

We are glad you liked our product after all. Have fun!
Tamba765
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Tamba765 »

I just installed Washington X, and the jetways are not working correctly. I have the latest SODE version. After hitting TAB+S the SODE menu appears. When I select the gate I'm using, B10 in this case, the SODE menu returns to the opening page, and will not activate the jetway for B10. It only shows Gate A1. Thanks
Pete Locascio
Pete Locascio
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Please read the manual.
Tamba765
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Tamba765 »

I read the manual and tried using Shift+D and the same thing happens. I have the latest version of SODE and it works on all other airport sceneries including your products.
There is a message at the top of the screen which says I've selected the gate I'm parked at, but there is no way to move the jetway. I don't see the option of docking to door 1L or 2L
as I do elsewhere.
Also, I'm sure you can think of a more polite way of answering a question than to say " Please read the manual".
Pete Locascio
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Pete, what do you mean by "more polite"? The manual actually provides much more information and it is worth reading.For example you may be willing to know that airport lights can be manually switched ON when required
(f/e at low visibilities) by selecting 112.00MHz on NAV2. It also provides the information regarding which version of the product this is. Please let me know if it is v1.3 or something else. You need v1.3 of our product and 1.6.2 of SODE to have it working correctly. If it still does not work, please try reinstalling our product.
Tamba765
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Tamba765 »

I know about the runway lights because I read the manual. Actually, I submitted an item on the forum for NYC airports about the fact that the KEWR runway lights blinked on and off when trying to activate them, but that's another issue.
I downloaded the Washington X product from Aerosoft 2 days ago, and it showed version 1.3. Same thing today also. When I went to reinstall the application, however, it showed v1.25 on the "Welcome" installer screen. Not sure what that means. Is it possible Aerosoft doesn't have v1.3? Is there another way to get v1.3?
As far as "polite", I simply meant that because I have an issue, that doesn't necessarily mean that I didn't read the manual. That's all.
Pete Locascio
Pete Locascio
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Tamba765 wrote: Monday 23 Apr 2018, 19:41 When I went to reinstall the application, however, it showed v1.25 on the "Welcome" installer screen.
Indeed, version v1.25 is not compatible with the newest SODE, only v1.3 is. Let me contact AS and ask why the newest version is not available.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I was informed by the store that the version available is v1.3 .
Aerosoft wrote:We have version 1.3 of Washington X in our online shop available (from 06.03.2018).
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Aerosoft wrote:There was an error during the last update – the file has been replaced and changed. Now everything should be correct.
Tamba765
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Tamba765 »

Ok, v1.3 now shows on the setup screen, and the jetways work properly with SODE v1.6.2. Thanks.
Pete Locascio
Pete Locascio
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Glad it works fine.