Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

Sabretooth78
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Chris

Re: NY Airports v2 X

Post by Sabretooth78 »

This is in P3D 4.3.

I didn't have much time to test last night but I was seemingly able to avoid the freezing/CTD in the one preflight I was able run (as compared to the previous night's testing where all 5-6 I tried ended up crashing at some point). This time was with the NYC X "lite" textures installed. Performance was still a little lacking, but I haven't quite found the sweet spot in my settings anyway as this is a new reinstallation of P3D on a new OS (win 10) and a new GPU.

I think I'm most likely overloading the sim. It also wouldn't surprise me if the feelThere E190 is more susceptible to these problems as I would assume it's rather poorly optimized and not fully SDK-compliant as I believe the new 64-bit version is just a straight port from the 32-bit. I'll retry the hi-res textures with something new like the Aerosoft A319 and see if I run into the same issue. One variable at a time!

I haven't tried reinstalling without KJFK activated in the installer, although as I said at the end of my last post, I had tried installing just KJFK and it still installed all 3 airports anyway.
Viggo Edbom
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: ViggoEdbom

Post by Viggo Edbom »

Hello!

I'm searching your help here because there seems to be a conflict between LGA and default scenery in Prepar3D v4.3. I have a couple of screenshots where the first one is showing default buildings on the airport area and the second one where you can see that half of the parking lot has been replaced with default textures:
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
Neither of them worked. You may use http://s1306.photobucket.com/ to upload them (for example).
Viggo Edbom
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Viggo Edbom »

Will try it once I get home from my trip to Norway.:wink:
Viggo Edbom
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Viggo Edbom »

I have a couple of screenshots where the first one is showing default buildings on the airport area and the second one where you can see that half of the parking lot has been replaced with default textures:
https://imgur.com/p2VPHkP
https://imgur.com/n31qAaR
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Please double-check if you use the newest version of both - NY Airports v2 and New York City v2.
Viggo Edbom
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Viggo Edbom »

I downloaded KLGA-KJFK-KTEB v2 from Simmarket once again,and I also downloaded the DEMO version of New York City v2 and New York Airports v2 where I excluded LGA, JFK and TEB. No improvements. How do I check if I have the latest version of the products?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Everything seems to look fine on your 2 screenshots. Can you provide some details about what the problem is?
Viggo Edbom
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Viggo Edbom »

There are default buildings on the apron area at the terminal- It shouldn't be like that, correct? And there are missing textures on the parking lot.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

The parking lot textures are part of the NYC package but we will investigate why that autogen is displayed there (it definitely shouldn't).
Viggo Edbom
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Viggo Edbom »

Appreciated!:wink:
Ps. If it is to any help, I have ORBX Global, Vector and OpenLC NA installed into Prepar3D v4.3.
rbrisco2
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: rbrisco2

Post by rbrisco2 »

I am having an issue with the jetways at EWR aligning with the proper door on the QW757. It should be going to L2, like in all other sceneries, but instead it goes to L1. Any idea how to make it go to the proper door? Thank you.
goldenshark
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Danny

Post by goldenshark »

I just bought this package and enabled it upon startup of P3Dv4. All 3 airports (KJFK, KLGA and KTEB) do not have any buildings!
I reinstalled the package as administrator, checked if it's being added in my Scenery Library... At first it didn't but at the second time it did.
Still when I load up the scenery, the ground is all flat! There are only textures, but no buildings or scenery and I only see the jetways!
Please don't let my 22 euros be gone and help me out over here Drzewiecki Design!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
goldenshark wrote: Tuesday 07 Aug 2018, 20:06 I just bought this package and enabled it upon startup of P3Dv4.
What do you mean by "enabled"?
Please go into the Scenery Library and remove the dublicated entries of our NY package (one is probably greyed-out and one just a standard entry).
goldenshark wrote: Tuesday 07 Aug 2018, 20:06 Please don't let my 22 euros be gone
Why do you think they might possibly be gone? Have you had such an experience before?
goldenshark
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Danny

Post by goldenshark »

Good morning,
Thanks for your reply.
What do you mean by "enabled"?
It's known that you will get a prompt message upon startup of P3D to enable the addon "NY Airports" after a fresh installation of those airports, right?
Why do you think they might possibly be gone? Have you had such an experience before?
Uhmm yep... :?

You know, it's just my opinion but if there is a scenery being published, it is to expect that the scenery actually works after installation, especially when one bought the product.
This issue has been reported several times by other simmers that I've read on several forums.
We simmers are somewhat technical minded to solve these problems but not all simmers do have that knowledge, they just want to have fun in flying their wanted product they've just bought.
I hope you could understand.

Anyway, I managed to get the sceneries to work with ticking the "install static aircraft" during installation which I definately don't want to have because I always fly online.
Is there any way to install the scenery without any problems at all without the static aircraft installed?