NY Airports v2 X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

sstro19 wrote:Ultimate Traffic Live
Hi. Please contact the Flight1 support. I believe they will be better in solving this problem.
ABurek wrote:Any way to get rid of the 3 hangars at taxiway CB approach end of 13L.
I would appreciate if you could provide a screenshot of which exactly hangars are in question - I am sure we will be able to remove them.
regulate
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Uninstall the demo?

Post by regulate »

I am very frustrated right now because I cannot get rid of the demo from the sim, and I cannot start my sim without crashing after manually deleting NY demo from the Addon Scenery file. After manually deleting the demo (since there is no uninstall and it's greyed out in the scenery.cfg) and I start the sim, "Could not find scenery NY Airports v2 X DEMO's local scenery directory (followed by the path). Would you like to unload this area? When I hit yes, the scenery bar processes for a moment, then the sim will crash before I get into the start up page. It then automatically adds this line to the scenery.cfg. with no area number or any other info directly under the last correct entry.

[NY Airports v2 X DEMO]
Active=FALSE

If I manually remove that entry in the scenery.cfg it comes back with the same question when I start the sim. If I hit "no" when asking if I want to remove the area, it still crashes when it tries to load the sim. If I COMPLETELY delete the scenery cfg to start over, the exact same problem starts over again. I am in a loop that I cannot get out of and I cannot start the sim. I have also tried to manually delete the NY Demo airports in the xml document "scenery_add-ons" and saved after deleting that part of the file, but I cannot get rid of the issue. Same question continues to come up time after time. My sim is now useless. Please tell me what to try next regarding removing all files that cause this message to come up when loading the sim regarding your NY airports demo.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
In case od P3Dv4 (which I assume you use) simply remove the DEMOs folders from the Addon Scenery folder and remove the NY Airports v2 X DEMO folder from Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder.

If this does not help you can also remove this file: %appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg

There is no point of being frustrated - you can always contact customer support if in doubt. :wink:
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Just for those who would like to test if IFR approaches are now correctly assigned by AI ATC at KEWR:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uebshov0lokjx ... D.bgl?dl=1
Addon Scenery\NY Airports v2 X\Scenery

This is the version with no static AC (all stands are available for selection).
ABurek
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by ABurek »

DD Stanislaw wrote: I would appreciate if you could provide a screenshot of which exactly hangars are in question - I am sure we will be able to remove them.
This is off Google Maps. The three bluish/green hangars are the ones in question.
regulate
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by regulate »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Hi.
and remove the NY Airports v2 X DEMO folder from Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder.
Okay, this is the folder that I was not aware of in V4 that was the issue. Probably a good idea to have that as part of the instruction for removal. Thank you for your response.
ebaez12
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by ebaez12 »

Just for those who would like to test if IFR approaches are now correctly assigned by AI ATC at KEWR:

Do u have a file for no Static AC at KJFK?
dwaohio
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Static aircraft

Post by dwaohio »

How do you remove the static aircraft from NY Airports v2 after you install it. it is slowing down my computer to much.
David Albright
bill721
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by bill721 »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Actually we do not use any XML files at all in our products.

This is how the SODE menu should look like (Shift+D):

...and after pressing "1":
I get the screens you show, however, when I load FSX and select a gate I always get the plane isn't in the correct position so the gate doesn't move.

Any help would be appreciated.
sstro19
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by sstro19 »

Hello, I just purchased NY Airports v2 X: KJFK, KLGA, KTEB and NY Airports v2 X: KEWR, KLDJ, KCDW for P3Dv4. When I start P3Dv4 and I try to load any of these airports, my P3Dv4 crashes. I uninstalled these sceneries and P3Dv4 works fine again.
SaintJoe
mdfmike
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

No IFR runways in KEWR NY Airports V2 - New Test KEWR_AFD

Post by mdfmike »

Thanks - the new test KEWR_AFD.bgl solved the problem - I am now getting IFR runways at KEWR, However, I checked KLGA - and it has same issue that I previously reported for KEWR. I haven't had time to check all the other NY Airport V2 airports for the "no IFR runways" issue.

Perhaps all the NY Airports V2 airports should be evaluated for this issue, and updated as required.

Michael DelFranco.
Michael DelFranco
bill721
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by bill721 »

I love the NY Airports KJFK KLGA V2. I'm having an issue with docking at the gates though.

1. If I load up any gate via FSX I receive "Door is too far away to dock" when pressing Shift-D. If I start plane and move it forward a little I can dock OK, however, I can't use GSX to load passengers since the plane has been started.

2. If I land and taxi to an airport the GSX marshal always stops me just short of the spot that will allow me to Dock at the gate so I get a poor parking alert from GSX if I pull forward enough so the shift- D docking will work.

It appears that the gate parking point for FSX and GSX don't work with new Shift -D NY Airports V2 parking points.

Any help so I can resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

I have loaded the latest FULL GSX update and SODE 1.53.

Thank you for you help.

Bill
windshear
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by windshear »

Hey mr.

Showing a screenshot of taxi lights, doesn't really give my scenery the lights, so since it does not appear in my scenery how about assisting your customer instead of just writing "indeed"?!
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
samwheeler
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

KLGA Ground Texture Issue

Post by samwheeler »

Hi there,

I installed the airports into v4 today and they run amazing! But I noticed when flying in and out of LGA the ground textures were a but messed up, part of the airport had clear ground textures but default P3D taxiway signage, the other part of the airport (Near 13 and the end of 04) had very blurry, what looked like google maps looking ground textures with the custom DD signage. I have attached some pictures. Any help is appreciated
http://i.imgur.com/9Pm9GmP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/IkN9ePE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/93O0mQg.jpg
Thanks,

Sam Wheeler
Romandino
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

KLGA ground issue in NY Airports V2

Post by Romandino »

Hello. I just purchased both sets of NY Airports V2 for FSX and they are dead on accurate! Down to the types of approach light towers, especially on JFK rwy 13L, and the lack of taxiway edge lights at EWR. EWR was never wired for blue edge lights and has reflective posts along the taxiway edges instead. very unique, but you represented it perfectly. Well done and thanks for your hard work!
Having said that, my LGA has some ground elevation issues. My aircraft seems to sink below the surface on the runways, onto an "underground" runway. Is anyone else experiencing this, and is there a corrective patch? Please let me know if you need photos and I'll capture screen shots.
A second question I have is about the excessively bright runway edge lights on this release. The taxiway centerline lights are perfect, but the runway edge lights appear to be a little too large for realism. (the halo bmp is too large, like the default FSX). At the real airports, JFK and EWR, the touchdown zone lights only are LED's with a cool white appearance, however the runway edge lights are a warmer, more golden color. Will this be addressed? Thank you for your time!

Roman