NY Airports v2 X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: NY Airports v2 X

Post by Martin_Starski »

Static planes can be deactivated via our installer - simply run it again and untick the respective option.

Sorry, but all users are not allowed to decompile, convert or make changes to any files included in the product, without written permission from Drzewiecki Design.
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
danielsjam
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: James

Missing Strobes at KEWR, KLGA, missing taxi edge lights KJFK,KEWR

Post by danielsjam »

Just purchased NY Airports v2 from SimMarket and have the following issues:
KEWR
No strobe lights
No taxiway edge lights
KJFK
No taxiway edge lights
The strobe lights at KJFK are not aligned with the light model and are very tiny.
KLGA
No strobe lights

I am running P3D v4.4 and have deleted and reinstalled NY Airports v2. There are no duplicate sceneries for these 3 airports and I am unable to see the taxiway edge scenery model during the day. The strobes appear to be included in the model but they are not active, day or night.
I checked the forum and saw that one user had problems with taxiway lights at JFK, but I could not find a solution. I also searched the forum but was unable to find anyone with the same problems.
I am including screen shots of EWR and JFK
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
danielsjam
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

KLGA Building in flight path Rwy 04

Post by danielsjam »

There is a building in the flight path for runway 04. On the default scenery it's not there and neither is it on the satellite imagery. See images attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thebettercp
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Cameron_Peterson

Post by thebettercp »

I run the NY Demo for FSX. I am running GSX level 2. I was wondering how do I get the default jetways at KFJK to work with gsx from the scenery provided? Is is only valid for p3d becuase of the use of SODE? does SODE work for FSX?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, in all our demo versions the jetways are static.
The animated jetways are the part of our payware sceneries with the use of SODE, which is compatible with both FSX and P3D. In our payware sceneries it should be possible to activate the jetways via GSX but so far we do not provide any support to replacing our jetways by the ones from GSX2.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

danielsjam wrote: Sunday 16 Dec 2018, 00:29KEWR
No strobe lights
No taxiway edge lights
KJFK
No taxiway edge lights
The strobe lights at KJFK are not aligned with the light model and are very tiny.
KLGA
No strobe lights
Hi.
Please refer to the charts - some airports do not have taxiway edge lights.
Taxiway centerline lights are often not alligned with the drawn line simply to produce less "bumps" when taxiing on it with the front gear.
DeWiTec_Flughafen_FRA_A-Plus_3.jpg
danielsjam
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

KLGA ILS Runway 4

Post by danielsjam »

I'm not a constant complainer, but ILS for runway 4 at KLGA is not working. I am only able to get assigned visual approach and this also true for AI traffic. I have not checked the other runways. I don't understand why it was changed since it worked in the default scenery. According to info I am able to find, ILS is available in the real world for this runway.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

In the case of quite a recent version, which is P3D v4.4, at this stage we can not confirm for 100% that everything works correctly, although this does not mean that this is the cause of your problems. Nevertheless we do our best to be adapted to all available versions as soon as possible.

However regarding the strange building in the flight path to the runway 04 in KLGA and missing ILS, I suggest reinstalling our scenery with the admin rights to be absolutely sure that everything was installed correctly. Then please let me know if the problems are still there.
danielsjam
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by danielsjam »

Ok, I deleted and reinstalled as admin, no change.
The building in the flight path at KLGA is autogen. I changed the autogent density setting from normal to sparse and the building is gone. Not sure what it appear in your scenery and not the default scenery with the desity setting at normal.

There is a problem with ILS at KLGA. The attached image with the red line is taken from your klga_afd.bgl and the other is from the stock airport. The red line indicate problems. If you open the file in the airport editor and go to approach mode, list approaches and double click on ILS for R04, click on one of the white arrow heads and you will get a message saying that this approach is incorrect.

I also noticed that you have delete all of the waypoints and navaids from your airport file.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I've just checked our afcad KLGA_AFD.bgl and honestly speaking I cannot find a problem...

danielsjam
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by danielsjam »

The image you attached is in airport mode. If using ADE, you need to switch to approach mode, upper right corner.
Just to confirm that I have the correct file - klga_afd.bgl - 7/16/2017, 78KB - see attached image

You should be able to fix this by using the following steps
In ADE goto approach mode, upper right corner
List approaches from top menu, should be 16, double click on ILS for R04 and notice the red lines, move mouse cursor over white arrow head, notice warning message
Delete all 16 approaches
Go back to airport mode upper right corner
From tools menu select load stock data, you will be prompted to save
From the stock import option select, navaids and waypoints and approaches
Go back to approach mode, select list approaches
Double click on ILS for R04 and notice that the lines are now all whte
save and compile.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Maybe my knowledge about ADE is insufficient indeed, but still I can perform the full approach on ILS to rwy 04 without any problems.
Please find enclosed the afcad from my sim

The default building is located near the threshold of rwy 04 indeed - we will try to solve this soon.
danielsjam
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by danielsjam »

I tried the file, no change. Are you using an add on aircraft? Are you programming your flight plan in the FMS as seen in the image? If so, try using an aircraft without the FMS and let ATC guide you in to see if ILS is working this way.
danielsjam
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by danielsjam »

Try a flight using direct GPS instead of FMS to see if you will get ILS at 04. I don't think any of the ILS approaches at LGA will with work using direct GPS. I know everyone like to use FMS, but for a quick flight, using direct GPS is the quickest. I can fly into EWR using direct GPS without issues.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, it's the payware aircraft indeed, but I didn't use the FMS for the approach. I set ILS frequency - 110.50 - in NAV1 + course 044 and was able to capture both LOC and GS, nothing else.

You cannot perform the ILS approach to 04 or cannot be guided by default ATC? Because they are two different things.