NY Airports v2 X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

Jorgen
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Jorgen »

I realize that my installation is non-standard, and I have seen an article somewhere about editing the XML file. I'll have to look that up and give it a go - after backing up the XML file, of course. Since I now also have Miami, Seattle and Washington I need to figure this one out.

Some time ago, I posted a note about a strange "bling" sound when flying over New York in FSX. I have now found out that this "bling" comes from FSUIPC and warns you that you're heading for an OOM crash. Just for furture reference.

Thanks -

Jorgen
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

It is very simple, just move the product's folder where you want it to be and change this path in the add-on.xml:

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">

<AddOn.Name>NY Airports v2 X DEMO</AddOn.Name>
<AddOn.Description>NY Airports v2 X DEMO</AddOn.Description>

<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Scenery</Category>
<Path>D:\Prepar3D v4\Addon Scenery\NY Airports v2 X DEMO</Path>
<Name>NY Airports v2 X DEMO</Name>
</AddOn.Component>

</SimBase.Document>

If you get a FSUIPC warning than please make sure that you have the Lite Texture Pack installed for the city.
Jorgen
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Jorgen »

Thanks for the tips about editing the xml file.

So, for the FSUIPC warning, uninstall then scenery and reinstall using the lite texture pack?

Thanks -

Jorgen
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Our instrallers work as scenery configurators and this will be very unconvenient for you since each time the "new" version will be installed into our default directory.

Anyway - yes, to lower the VAS usage significantly you need to install the Lite Texture Pack for the city.
Jorgen
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Jorgen »

Editing the XML file with Notepad++ did the trick!

Not to worry about the inconvenience for me, I can live with that.

Thanks for great support - from a former tech support engineer!

Jorgen
lt6463
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

New York V2.3 Crashes to Desktop

Post by lt6463 »

Hello,

I just install update New York v2.3. When I try to position my aircraft to KJFK (active rwy or at gate), my P3Dv4.1 just crashed to the desk top. However, I was able to position my aircraft anywhere at KLGA and KTEB. Please help.

L. Tran
superchief57
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Double Jetways in KEWR P3Dv4.1

Post by superchief57 »

Just have a question about dual jet ways. I have the default and your jet ways side by side. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I think it might be a mesh issue but I'm not good at looking at/editing scenery.cfg files. Also, wanted to move scenery files around in P3Dv4.1 in the scenery library. I have your files as #1 & #2 Priority. I would like to move yours down to 3 & 4 (sorry) but they are "grayed" out. Enabled but grayed out. Could you please help me out.

PS: How do I insert a screenshot into your forums? This is all new to me.

Thank you
Vinnie Covino
greki
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by greki »

The afcad files are not source files of yours, they are copyright Lockheed Martin. I prefer to edit afcad files myself to change parking radius sizes that fit the aircraft I use, change the taxiway nodes for my pushback to make it easier to operate with GSX, and different parking codes for my AI aircrafts. I am allowed to do this, why do I get a warning?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

superchief57 wrote:Just have a question about dual jet ways. I have the default and your jet ways side by side.
Hi. To insert a screenshot you need to upload to a free hosting website and publish just a link. Please do it hence it is hard to diagnoze the problem from the description only (it may be a scenery conflict, a dual-AFD issue, a SODE failure etc).
greki wrote:The afcad files are not source files of yours, they are copyright Lockheed Martin.
Of course, especially when used in FSW, FSX, and FSX:SE. In this case please remove our AFCAD files from your hard drive immediately and use those provided by default with the Prepar3D flight simulator. Those you can edit indeed.
greki wrote:I prefer to edit afcad files myself to change parking radius sizes
With all due respect I am perfectly fine with your preferences as far as they do not break copyright licenses of our products. Do you acknowledge this fact?
lt6463 wrote:KJFK (...), my P3Dv4.1 just crashed to the desk top
Hi. Please try again but overwrite these files first: LINK
Those BGLs should go into the FS\Addon Scenery\NY Airports v2 X\Scenery folder.
greki
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by greki »

Editing the afcad bgl file for my personal use, to add missing parking spots on the cargo ramp, to renumber incorrect duplicate numbers, is not illegal. I could have come here very negatively because of these mistakes in the afcad file, instead I came nicely asking how I could do the changes myself. I found the problem you need a fake runway created with desinator 36 to match the taxiay with runway nodes for the elevation changes. I apologize for any confusion or breaking any of your rules.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Please do not quote full posts.
greki wrote:Editing the afcad bgl file for my personal use, to add missing parking spots on the cargo ramp, to renumber incorrect duplicate numbers, is not illegal.
It is, unless you have a written permission from the owner of the rights. Please check the license agreement:
License Agreement wrote:NO REVERSE ENGINEERING. In order to protect the trade secrets and proprietary know-how contained in the Product, you will not decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer the Product except as expressly permitted by applicable law.
License Agreement wrote:SCENERY DESIGNERS. You are not allowed to decompile, convert or make changes to any files included in the product, without written permission from Drzewiecki Design.
I mean - it can't be written any clearer than this. It is even written in RED. If you wish to create a better AFD file, please do it from scratch and start with a default file provided by Lockheed Martin, as you have mentioned. The default AFD layout is located in the APX28170.bgl file. I repeat - decompiling any of the files provided in our products (DDS, AGN or BGL) is treated as breaking our copyrights. The solution - ask us before doing that and definitely don't ask on the tech support forum how to do it.
greki
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by greki »

I did not ask how to decompile nor did I plan on sharing, I just asked about the error message, but found the solution myself. If you think you can make it illegal for me personally to open an afcad file in the ADE program then the "except as expressly permitted by applicable law" section might be relevant for your answer. If you do not think I should be able to use ADE then can you please fix the errors found in fault finder for the afcads: fix the duplicate numbered gates, and add the missing cargo parking locations in a future update. Thank you
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Even though it is illegal, I can't "block" those BGL files or make them unopenable. Anyway, we do not and we can not provide support for self-edited files.
If you think you can make it illegal for me personally to open an afcad file in the ADE program then the "except as expressly permitted by applicable law" section might be relevant for your answer.
Wouldn't it be more simple not to buy our products instead and create your own AFDs with your own rules? Same with model and textures - you can open all of them and this is exactly what the license is about. Actually - which store did you use to buy this product?
greki
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by greki »

[cut]

what is your problem? I like your scenery just had some little things I thought I'd not bother you to fix myself with the afcad and you treat me so poorly. I found a bug in the afcad after an attempt at compiling. you need to learn copyright law before you go around threatening customers and maybe relax and treat us with respect. there is a small problem at JFK with missing cargo parking spots, duplicate numbered spots, and some spots the radius is too small for the aircraft type that use those gates. Also to correctly compile the afcad bgl with the runway node trick on the taxiways on the elevated terrain you need to create a fake runway to assign the designation before it can correctly compile. If you tell me I may not make any changes then I submit these things to you. If you are going to get mad at me and refuse to fix so be it. Good day.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Actually - which store did you use to buy this product?
No answer makes it clear.

I am not "mad", I simply suggest that if you wish to have better/worse/different scenery files please create your own files and do not edit files which authors ask not to edit.