NY Airports v2 X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

Mattwilkins1
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Mattw

Re: NY Airports v2 X

Post by Mattwilkins1 »

Hi. I have a problem where shortly after takeoff from JFK the engines cut out. In fact this happened three times and in the mess it looks like it was a result of flying over JFK and LGA at a couple of thousand feet. I’ve also had this issue on approach to LGA and it seems to only happen when flying near your scenery. It started last week and I did a complete reinstall of P3D (to version 4.4) but the problem is still happening. This doesn’t happen with ORBX or Fly Tampa scenery I’m afraid.

Symptoms are either engines cut out (mixture axis is closed off) or on Ifly aircraft it appears the whole aircraft, CDU etc etc all clear as if they’ve just been started up. Beyond frustrating and I spent an entire day reinstalling this week to get no further forward. Please can you offer some suggestions. Many thanks
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Mattwilkins1 wrote: Sunday 09 Dec 2018, 17:50 shortly after takeoff from JFK the engines cut out
Sorry but it sounds strange a little bit - I cannot imagine how our scenery can have any influence to the engines of your aircraft... I've never heard about such behaviour. What aircraft are you using? Do you have such problem with all aircrafts or with the one only? Maybe you can ask your aircraft's developer, because frankly speaking I have no idea. Maybe any keyboard shortcut, but how can it be activated by the scenery!?
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Viggo Edbom wrote: Sunday 09 Dec 2018, 07:55 the autogen being spawned where it shouldn't be spawned.
Hi, I understand that you still have a problem with default buildings in KLGA, right? It has to be something specific for your sim, because we don't have the similar reports from the other users. Can you show your scenery library?
If you deactivate the FTX openLC NA, is there any difference?
Can you also show your sim settings?
Mattwilkins1
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Mattwilkins1 »

Hi

Thanks but no, there is no problem with the buildings. These issues only seem to happen when flying near the add on airport.

I’ll try without ORBX and let you know and I’ll screenshot the settings too. Thanks
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Mattwilkins1 wrote: Sunday 09 Dec 2018, 18:20Thanks but no, there is no problem with the buildings.
Sorry - my response was to the older post - the one to yours has been modified a little bit later (see above).

I've found such thread on the p3d forum - maybe you can ask there:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=127907
Viggo Edbom
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: ViggoEdbom

Post by Viggo Edbom »

Hello!

So OpenLC NA is the core to this problem. One step forward! Finding out which one of the two sceneries that is covering the NY area. I'll post a screenie of my settings & scenery library in a bit.

Viggo
Viggo Edbom
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Viggo Edbom »

Mattwilkins1
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Mattwilkins1 »

Dear all,

Many thanks for all the suggestions. I’ve found the culprit through a process of elimination. It’s a utility called Where Are My Aircraft. It injects what is meant to be a model of the aircraft I saved into the sim. Giveaway was that when launched the mixture on the default aircraft of the time was pulled to off. Digging deeper, a database listing to an aircraft I’d uninstalled was to blame.

Thanks again for your speedy reposes and help. Much appreciated.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Viggo Edbom wrote: Sunday 09 Dec 2018, 20:01 The problem lies in North America 2.
I think the best idea is to ask ORBX on their forum which files should be deativated to solve the compatibility issues.

Please also remove the DEMO version of New York Airports v2, because both products are duplicated in your scenery library.
Viggo Edbom
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Viggo Edbom »

I will check with them. Thank you!:wink:
P.S. I have the DEMO version activated for KEWR,KLDJ & KCDW.

Regards
Viggo
cridel
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: cridel

Re: NY Airports v2 X Where are the gates at KLGA?

Post by cridel »

Hello, the gates do not match those used by FS. When I use "Turn ON progressive taxi" I can not get to the gate indicated by the controller on the ground.

Is there anything I did not install correctly?

Thank you
Christian
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, it's really hard to say something on the basis of your description.

Can you give us more details?
Maybe you have any duplicated AFCAD for KLGA?
Do you have any AI traffic software or any other scenery for this area?
rbrisco2
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: rbrisco2

Post by rbrisco2 »

Hi, I am unable to select gate C90 at EWR. It shows up in the scenery but I am unable to select it.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

It's possible that there is a static aircraft assigned to this gate in our scenery. Even if static aircrafts are not activated in the scenery, such gates are not available due to some technical limitations.
airlnkr
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Airlnkr

Post by airlnkr »

Is there a way to delete the static AC? Also I'm getting American Eagle AI parking at T4 using UTlive....is there any I can update this AFCAD, and if so any special instructions? I looked through the forum and documentation sent along with the product but could not find anything on this matter