NY Airports v2 X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: NY Airports v2 X

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Our DEMOs do not include animated jetways, only full versions include them.
mtb123 wrote: Wednesday 13 Jun 2018, 14:39 FS Dream Team site
Do you mean GSX or our products? We do not offer downloads via FSDT website, we do not cooperate with FSDT at all actually but our products are compatible with GSX indeed.
mtb123
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: michaelb

Post by mtb123 »

I found the problem:

I clicked on the below after Googling FSX JFK v2...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drzewiecki Design NY Airports V2 KJFK, KLGA, KEWR - FSDreamTeam
www.fsdreamteam.com › ... › GSX Sharing area - Scenery Configs
Oct 25, 2017 - 3 posts - ‎2 authors
Drzewiecki Design NY Airports V2 KJFK, KLGA, KEWR. ... Hi, these are my configs for Drzewiecki's latest rendition of NY's major airports.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought it was one and the same product because FSDT called their product JFK V2...So I ended up buying their product for absolutely no reason (oh well), when all I wanted was the high res KEWR that you have in your product (which I have purchased today, along with NYC product). It seems that the forum posting in the link above was written by someone that had your product and an FSDT product of similar name installed. Sorry for the confusion. All ok now. Tx for your taking the time to answer my questions and for your help! Michael B.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

OK, glad it has been solved.
Here is the list of our products: http://secure.simmarket.com/drzewiecki-design.mhtml
SimForLife
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: SimForLife

Post by SimForLife »

opps I forgot the attached - it's happening to all of the Drzewiecki airports I have listed in my original post, however, it's working with my Aerosoft airport sceneryies with no problems.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SimForLife
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

It seems that those animation objects are not installed at all, the jetways are not visible. Is that what the problem is? Did you try reinstalling the product?
SimForLife
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by SimForLife »

No, I reinstalled all the products and I'm still getting the message no triggable ojects found within 6.0nm/12sm. See attached file it shows the jetways are visible I even reinstalled SODE 1.6.3 and I'm still getting the same message and it's only with Drzewiecki airports I visited SODE, FSLabs, FSDreamTeam Forums to see if anyone had similar issues with DD airports and I found nothing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SimForLife
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

What keyboard shortcut do you use to open the SODE window?
SimForLife
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by SimForLife »

I use shift + D and the window for SODE comes up stating no triggabel objects within 6.0nm.
SimForLife
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I am afraid I have no idea. Please install TeamViewer and send via e-mail the number and the passwork for the connection. I need to look at that myself.
plegere
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by plegere »

Hi, I tried to load NY into my P3d and it told me "P3d could not be found in my registry" It's V4, btw.
If a man speaks in the forest, and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Yes, this is possible but in this case a new window should open asking you to give that directory manualy (the one where P3D.exe is located).
Sabretooth78
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Chris

Post by Sabretooth78 »

Let me first say that this along with NYC X performs amazingly well on my PC (perhaps due in no small part to an upgraded GPU), however I am experiencing a few problems at KJFK, namely odd CTDs and freezes that I don't seem to be encountering with FSDT's KJFK activated.

For the sake of trying to root this problem out, I'm interested in breaking up the \Addon Scenery\NY Airports v2 X\Scenery\ folder into its constituent airports and giving them each separate scenery library entries, or at least separating out KJFK. I use KJFK far more often than the others, so in the interest of performance it would seem to be prudent to deactivate the others (particularly KEWR and KLGA) if I'm not intending to use them on a given flight.

Now, based on the filenames, this appears to be largely self-evident but there are two files which are not prefixed with an ICAO, so I can't readily determine their use:

A_LIB.bgl
DDNYA_Lights.bgl

Would it be possible to enlighten me as to which airport these files belong, or are they common across several or all of them?

Thanks!
Chris

Specs:
P3D 4.3
Win 10
GTX 1070 Ti
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Sabretooth78 wrote: Wednesday 18 Jul 2018, 02:27 breaking up the \Addon Scenery\NY Airports v2 X\Scenery\ folder into its constituent airports
Hi.
It will not work like this without bugs. I would rather suggest describing the problem you have and trying to solve it without changing anything in the folder structure.
You may also remove (deactivate) other airports using the original installer and check if this solves the problem.
Also please double-check that the other KJFK scenery is completely removed - we had a lot of customers who thought it is but it actually wasn't.
Sabretooth78
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Chris

Post by Sabretooth78 »

Alright, I'll check later on. I believe the other KJFK to be fully deactivated although now that I think of it, there is still an add-on.cfg entry that I hadn't disabled, although I believe it only calls textures, so theoretically shouldn't be causing problems. (I've transferred all scenery add-on.cfg entries to scenery.cfg for purposes of sorting, so I know all the bgls are off and it doesn't install anything to world scenery.)

The behavior I'm experiencing is a freeze which results in either an application hang or a CTD after a few minutes at the gate setting up the CDU on the feelThere E190 (I haven't yet tested vs. another aircraft). It has happened every time with NYA active, always after hitting a line select key on the CDU (but not any particular entry). One time, the sim remained responsive while the CDU stayed frozen. Some of the CTDs have been "silent", leaving no event viewer entry, while at least one has been API.dll. Naturally, I can't rule out the possibility that this problem rests with the aircraft, however it has yet to occur when NYA is deactivated and the other KJFK is active. (The aircraft, as do others, also intermittently seem to suffer momentary freezes when FSUIPC autosaves, so I still have to explore further to see if that is a factor.) Bear in mind this is also with NYC X active and with the standard textures. I've also installed NYC X with the "lite" textures in a parallel scenery library entry but haven't yet tested to see if perhaps I'm simply overburdening the system. NYC X with the standard textures has been active in all tests I've run so far, and otherwise seems to play nice with everything else.

The only "non-standard" aspect of my DD installation is that I've moved it to a 2nd SSD which also contains the bulk of my other add-ons, with the world scenery ICAO_ALT entries moved as well to a parallel "add-on world" entry kept just above the default world entry in my attempt to keep as much as possible out of the stock P3D folders. The scenery's library relationships with respect to itself and other sceneries is therefore exactly the same as the default installation - and the behavior I'm experiencing has been the same in both default and my modified setup.

As an aside regarding partial installation, I tried that to install only KJFK, and it still installed KLGA and KTEB, so I don't understand why that's happening.

Thanks!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Which flight sim is this?
The issue seems to be related with CDU vs nav data. Does the issue happens also when KJFK is deactivated using our original installer?