NY Airports v2 X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

Jorgen
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Error when approaching KJFK

Post by Jorgen »

I have this persistent error with NY Airports v. 2.

I fly from KTEB down the Hudson River, turn east over Ellis Island and towards KJFK. When I get close to the airport, I hear what I would call "bling" sounds, and after I have heard one or more of these, when I then press Esc to end the flight, I get first an error message "An unsupported operation was attempted", I click OK on that, then I get a second error message "An invalid argument was encountered", I click OK on that and then the flight continues. This happens every time I press Esc.

I have tried to use Task Manager to stop FSX, but the Task Manager screen does not come up, and I have to reset the PC.

This is running FSX Boxed with Acceleration under Windows 10 with all the updates applied.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks -

Jorgen
BilalKhalid
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by BilalKhalid »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Ok. Did you have any other KJFK scenery previously installed?
I think that may be the issue. I'm not aware of any other scenery, however under the scenery I can see parts of another scenery. After disabling New York in the scenery library I could see HSBC jetways and a correctly modelled control tower. I don't think that this is default scenery as the jetways were not default nor were the terminals.
Bilal Khalid
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: Error when approaching KJFK

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Jorgen wrote:This happens every time I press Esc.
I am afraid I have no idea regarding the origin of the problem however why do you need to press Esc?
Jorgen
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Jorgen »

I press Esc to end the flight, but, as I said, the flight actually continues after I click OK on the two error messages, and I have to reset the PC to end the flight, as the Task Manager screen doesn't come up.

Jorgen
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Can you try Alt+F4 instead? Anyway, I am sure this problem is not related directly with our product...
BilalKhalid
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by BilalKhalid »

I can see a runway below the runway but when I scan for duplicate files at JFK, there aren't any.

As you can see there are two runways and the one below seems to be default with REX refinements.
Bilal Khalid
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Please send me your scenery.cfg so I could see what you have actually installed. This is definitely a mesh conflict with something. BTW, what mesh resolution settings to you have? Please try the highest one.
rogerthat
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

JFK "bumps"

Post by rogerthat »

I am finding some taxiway issues at JFK. I was E/B on taxiway B at NB where there is a bridge overpass for taxiway B. Attempting to continue onto the bridge results in FSX recording a crash (if crash detection is enabled) and when detection is disabled the aircraft experiences a rather pronounced nose down movement but is able to recover and continue taxi.

I also had this problem north of Terminal 8 on both taxiways A and B where they also are "hitting" a bridge.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi. Is this the "v2" version of the airports? Which aircraft do you use? Did you try faster or slower taxi speeds?
BilalKhalid
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by BilalKhalid »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Please send me your scenery.cfg so I could see what you have actually installed. This is definitely a mesh conflict with something. BTW, what mesh resolution settings to you have? Please try the highest one.
My mesh resolution is set to 1M and here is my scenery.cfg:

[(...) - copied]

[ Added: Sat Dec 02, 2017 23:43 ]
DD Stanislaw wrote:Please send me your scenery.cfg so I could see what you have actually installed. This is definitely a mesh conflict with something. BTW, what mesh resolution settings to you have? Please try the highest one.
The issue has fixed itself! thanks for your help but I don't even understand how it's fixed

[ Added: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:11 ]
sorry spoke too soon, the issue has returned
Bilal Khalid
rogerthat
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by rogerthat »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Hi. Is this the "v2" version of the airports? Which aircraft do you use? Did you try faster or slower taxi speeds?
I have been unable to reply until now. I am using v1.5 (at least that is what the manual version shows)-acquired in July 2016.

I used the IFly 737 and also the Wilco Embraer E-Jet and did try different taxi speeds and that had no effect on diminishing the disturbance.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

The current version is 2.1 though.
The old one could have had that problem indeed.
bjratchf
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

SODE - no object found

Post by bjratchf »

I just installed only the KLGA part of the airports, and while I'm getting jetbridges to display correctly, SODE says no triggerable objects within 6 miles and none of them are operable. How do I repair this?

Jetways do not move when pressing ctrl J, and SHIFT D says no objects, so...
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

After pressing Shift+D you should have 2 options: "Select Stand" and "no triggerable objects". You should select the first one.
bjratchf
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by bjratchf »

Thanks DD...

Second question... has there been a fix posted to the wigwags disappearing as the aircraft nears? It is a bit disorienting at night, since this lighting enhances the visibility of the hold short location.