NY Airports v2 X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

ek1118
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Re: NY Airports v2 X

Post by ek1118 »

Hi,
It looks like my impatience got the best of me. I had another developers version of JFK and it kept crashing on me, so I saw this at FSPS and it looked really nice, so I went and bought it thinking it was the latest version. I thought it was version 2.4. Looks like it wasn't, looks like it hasn't been released yet. I also noticed the terminals are lettered instead of numbered and I couldn't find terminal 8. It looks like I really messed up here. Is there anything we can do?

Regards,
Ed
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

This package has not been updated to v2.4 yet.
You can manually replace the required files though.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ydbo6pr6sahh ... nVI_a?dl=0
ek1118
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by ek1118 »

Thanks I'll go have a look
Jackaroo
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Jackaroo »

Hello, I have problems with JFK, LGA, and TEB. First off, the ground texture quality is crap; it looks like someone applied a blur filter to the pavement and I can barely make out the details that Drzewiecki Design put in. Is there any way I can make the textures a higher resolution? Second, why is the gate selection practically impossible to use? When I look on the ground to find my gate number, (let's say it's A 6), and I see A 6. When I go to look for the gate, I can't find it. On the list, it's Gate 1, Gate 2, etc. and Gate 1 isn't A, Gate 2 isn't B, and so on and so fourth. Is there a patch that I can get to fix that issue? And lastly, when i'm on approach for 4R, I don't see the Sequenced Flashing Lights that ALSF II is supposed to have. Is there any fix for that or is there a way to trigger it? Thanks!
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by trisho0 »

I think we need an update. I have a similar problem with KJFK and KLGA. I didn't explore the KTEB airport yet. Hopefully we get a quick update.
Patricio Valdes
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Jackaroo wrote: Tuesday 06 Mar 2018, 19:16 the ground texture quality is crap; it looks like someone applied a blur filter to the pavement
It is hard to say if it looks correct from this description, but the product should look exactly as on promo screenshots: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodNYAirports_X.htm and tons of videos online.
Jackaroo wrote: Tuesday 06 Mar 2018, 19:16 why is the gate selection practically impossible to use
Yes, we are working on the 2.4 update.
windshear
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by windshear »

I got an e-mail from Simmarket that you updated your scenery. It says that one of the features you updated was the AFD... Now does that mean that you finally corrected all the wrong airline codes? Like Qatar and Cathay now using T8 etc.?
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
matty2305
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by matty2305 »

Hi there,

I remember sending you an updated version of the KJFK afcad so it could be applied to the next version which I have seen hasn't been done which is disappointing. When would you be able to apply my changes to the next update?

Thanks
ek1118
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by ek1118 »

Hi,
Thanks for the help. Installed the files and now have Terminal 8. One question, I don't see any Safedock devices or marshllers. Is this coming in a future release?

Thanks,
Ed
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

ek1118 wrote: Wednesday 07 Mar 2018, 19:55 I don't see any Safedock devices or marshllers. Is this coming in a future release?
Yes, this will be coming along with SODE: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threa ... ms.434656/ . This topic is quite old but the work on the project is almost completed as far as we were informed.
matty2305 wrote: Wednesday 07 Mar 2018, 12:56 I remember sending you an updated version of the KJFK afcad
windshear wrote: Wednesday 07 Mar 2018, 12:54 Now does that mean that you finally corrected all the wrong airline codes?
Guys, as always we would be happy to maintain a cooperation with an individual experienced in AFD design. If you wish to work with/for us, please read this topic: http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/view ... ?f=3&t=302 and proceed accondingly. There are 3 AFD files for each airport, each of them corelated with SODE SDX file and other scenery elements. If you believe we can cooperate and make this system better, please contact us, provide the information we ask for, sign our NDA, provide payment details, sign an agreement and we would be happy to work with you perhaps. Sending us some anonymous files without any documentation and sources just not going to work for legal reasons.
matty2305
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by matty2305 »

If that is what you require then I would be happy to do that. I don't want to be forced to stop using your software because of the reasons you have just listed.

Cheers
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Sure, we are also very willing to make our products as good os possible.
Please contact me on the e-mail: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/c.htm
Kai-Uwe
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Kai-Uwe »

Hi Stanislaw,

I have a short question: is it possible in future not untouching the prepar3d.cfg after updating or installing your addons? Everytime I make an update I'm wondering why sim loading lasts very long and why I can't see any airport traffic. Then I remember: you have made an update for a DD-addon! Please, I don't use 4096 resolution and I use some traffic and some boats too. After every update I have to restore my own settings. So if it is possible ( I don't konw why not) please don't change these settings.

Kai
Hodges901
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Hodges901 »

Hello,
I have V2.4 installed for KJFK and KLGA, I'm running these along with orbx world and vector, KJFK Work fantastic however KLGA is having default scenery leaking through i.e. road traffic running along the apron.
I have tried everything to sort it out and nothing seems to work. do you have any ideas?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Cna you attach a few screenshots please?