NY Airports v2 X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

miki12234
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: prepar3d

Re: NY Airports v2 XP

Post by miki12234 »

Just purchased KJFK v2 for p3d v4.4…and installed via installer .have jetways..but no buildings...This is very sad ...I don't see any way to correct this.... Can you please give me an explanation how to fix this...
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: NY Airports v2 X

Post by Martin_Starski »

Firstly please let me know if you tried to reinstall the scenery with admin rights - if not, please try again but with admin rights.

Secondly - it's possible that for this scenery you have double entries in the Scenery Library (probably one will be greyed-out and one available to remove) - there should be only one, so please check this.
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
sunnya
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Sunny

Post by sunnya »

Martin_Starski wrote: Friday 22 Mar 2019, 10:45 I will try to check if I can replicate this problem in my environment.
Any update on the issue?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm truly sorry - to be fully honest I was busy with many other stuff, so I need to ask you to wait a little bit more.
WyndowSeat
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Jeremy

Post by WyndowSeat »

Hello,

I just purchased both the KEWR & KJFK variants to the NY Airports v2 X and followed the precise instructions during the installation - the scenery does not show up in my simulator (FSX Steam Edition). The Airport folder was installed by default into the FSX (Steam Edition) "Addon Scenery" folder. When I lauch FSX, the scenery files do not update and my default airports are still showing. I go into the Scenery options into FSX to ensure the boxes are checked for the Addon Scenery folder and still the airports are not showing.

Thank you for your time.
-Jeremy
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi Jeremy, do you have the entry in the scenery library? What is the path assigned to it?
Can you also confirm that you started the installer with the admin rights?
Which option have you choosed in the installer menu? Is it possible that it was FSX Steam (dual mode only)?
sunnya
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Sunny

Post by sunnya »

Martin_Starski wrote: Friday 29 Mar 2019, 08:25 I'm truly sorry - to be fully honest I was busy with many other stuff, so I need to ask you to wait a little bit more.
Thanks for the info Martin. It's fine.. not an urgent issue on my end but generally I cannot fly to KJFK :) , the other 2 airports I didn't check.
Looking forward to your results.
fsgeek91
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Louis

Post by fsgeek91 »

Hello,

It looks like I have the same problem as WyndowSeat. I have FSX:SE (just the Steam version, no boxed version). I installed NY Airports V2 (the one with KJFK) and SODE. When I start FSX:SE and enter JFK or LaGuardia, all I see is the default scenery. I started the installer with admin rights.

I installed the scenery for "FSX Steam (dual mode only)". I actually don't understand what this means, since I only have the Steam version. I have not started the troubleshooting process yet, because I find that blind troubleshooting in FSX tends to make things worse.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Louis
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hello Louis,

If FSX Box only installed - you should mark "Microsoft Flight Simulator X" in the installer setup
If FSX:SE only installed - you should mark "Microsoft Flight Simulator X" in the installer setup too

But when both sims are installed and you want to...
...install to FSX Box then use Microsoft Flight Simulator X in the installer setup
...install to FSX:SE then use Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition (Dual Mode) in the installer setup
fsgeek91
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by fsgeek91 »

Hi Martin,

Thank you so much for the quick reply. This was my gut feeling, but I wanted to wait for a reply before messing around with the installer.

I have just finished reading through the entire thread, and my understanding is that I should now do the following:

1) Uninstall the scenery using the installer (unchecking the airports)
2) Re-install the scenery (select "Microsoft Flight Simulator X")

Is there anything else I should do? I would like to make sure that I don't leave behind any old files from the first installation.

Best regards,

Louis
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I think the correct re-installation process should be enough.
fsgeek91
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by fsgeek91 »

Hi Martin,

That seemed to work. The scenery now displays. However, I now face a different problem, which is that the textures at the end of the runway at LaGuardia appear blurry: https://flic.kr/p/24PxG2p.

My display settings in FSX are as follows: https://flic.kr/p/24PxFLV.

I do not have any other scenery packages installed for any airports in New York. The only other third-party add-ons I currently have installed are:
  • PMDG Aircraft
  • Aerosoft Manchester Airport
  • ChasePlane
Please let me know in case there is an easy workaround to this situation.

Best regards,

Louis
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Louis, this actually depends on how you graphic processor is set to handle mip maps. The same blur on your screenshot is visible on the whole terrain at that distance (see grass just right of the runway).
fsgeek91
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by fsgeek91 »

Hi Stanisław,

I did a bit more digging into the FSX blurriness issue and it looks like I'd have to go down the endless rabbit hole of tweaking, so I think I'll cut my losses while the sim is working!

Anyway, thanks for the support. The scenery is otherwise looking great!

Best regards,

Louis
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Not really. Depending on what card you have there are particular settings to search for. It might also be a good idea to update graphic card drivers.