NY Airports v2 X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I don't think any issues regarding v4.2 have been reported yet, so if there are some, please let use know.
Jorgen
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Jorgen »

I think I created problems for myself when I updated to v. 4.2, because I updated first the client, then the content and scenery, and thereby screwed my installed add-on scenery up.

Fortunately, it will be relatively simple for me to back up my add-ons, then re-install 4.2 from scratch and add my add-ons back in. It will only take a little time.

I'll get back to you if there are any issues when I'm done.

Thanks -

Jorgen

[ Added: Sun Feb 18, 2018 09:19 ]
Reinstall went with no problems, and only took a couple of hours. The scenery now looks OK again!

So, here is my experience: if you have P3D v. 4.1, think about it before you update to 4.2 - will it really be worth it? And if you, after careful thought, decide that you want to do it, then also think carefully about updating the scenery, because if you do that you might as well do a full uninstall and install 4.2 from scratch instead. Updating the scenery screwed up my scenery for sure.

What I should have done is just uninstall the content and client, and then install the new client and content. Oh well.

So far I have tested Seattle and New York and have seen nothing to suggest any issues.

I will check Washington and Miami shortly and report back if there are any issues.

Jorgen
bill721
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Well Aerosoft isn't going to do anything so I guess

Post by bill721 »

Aerosoft isn't going to add the new update so I guess I won't be able to update to version 2.3.

Thanks
Bill
Raller
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Raller

Post by Raller »

Same at PC Aviator Store. They don't even answer my email request. So bad...
bill721
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

How do I tell what version I have

Post by bill721 »

I purchased the old version 1 and updated to version 2. The doc I have says I have version 2.1. Is there a version 2.2? The only version Aerosoft shows I can get is 2.1. How do I tell what the real version I have is?

It looks like I really need version 2.2 before I can even think about loading 2.3. Is that correct?

What will happen if I download the full current 2.3 trial version from a different site. Will the program recognize that I have already purchased the program so I can get upto version 2.3?

Bill
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
All our updates are distributed as full installers - it does not really matter which version you are upgrading from as far as the upgrade is free (so it does not matter of you upgrade from 2.0, 2.1 or 2.2 - you need to get the full installer anyway). The latest version of this product is v2.3 .
chaoustin
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Re: NY Airports v2 X

Post by chaoustin »

dear sir, i apologise if i´m in the wrong topic but im looking for help on the NY Airports V2 related to the missing textures of JFK buildings as well as hangars, control tour, etc... (runways, trees and planes do appear on my microsoft flight sim X). thanks for your time. greetings from portugal. chris
NY airports V2
a_fan
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Re: Well Aerosoft isn't going to do anything so I guess

Post by a_fan »

bill721 wrote:Aerosoft isn't going to add the new update so I guess I won't be able to update to version 2.3.

Thanks
Bill
Did Aerosoft state the reasons why they are not going to add the update?
If yes could you share the information?

I've also bought NYv2 from one of the vendors and I am also stuck with version 2.2.

Kind Regards
Jorgen
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Recommended configuration settings

Post by Jorgen »

Stanislaw,

This should maybe be in the FAQ, but do you have any recommended settings that should be used in FSX.CFG and Prepar3D.CFG, respectively?

Jorgen
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Re: NY Airports v2 X

Post by DD Stanislaw »

chaoustin wrote:missing textures of JFK buildings as well as hangars, control tour, etc...
Hi. This is probably related to double-intry in the Scenery Library list. Please make sure that our product is placed there only once.
Jorgen wrote:This should maybe be in the FAQ, but do you have any recommended settings that should be used in FSX.CFG and Prepar3D.CFG, respectively?
Hi. Actually no, but we have this tutorial: http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=337 which works for almost all platforms, as basic rules are usually quite similar performance-wise.
Jorgen
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Jorgen »

I had the same issue as chaoustin in P3D v.4.2, and in my case it definitely was because New York Airports and New York City were both in add-on.cfg and in Scenery Configuration Editor. Removed them from SCE and all was well.

Jorgen
chaoustin
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by chaoustin »

well no luck, my friends - ive runned MS FSX again, chose KJFK airport and as seen on my printscreen, i only see other planes, gate tunnels and highway cars running about but no hangars, buildings nor tour control only the dark patches reserved for them on the ground.

do DirectX /DX10 as anything to do with it? i picked up this topic on your FAQ...

http://i65.tinypic.com/2l9irld.png
NY airports V2
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
This has nothing to do with actual files, so please do not remove any of them.

Sceneries are like "software packages" added to the flight sim via a special file. Inside the sim you can access that file cia the Scenery Library option, where all installed sceneries are visible. This is how it looks like:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/uploads ... _UTX-2.jpg

Most probably sceneries from our NY Airports v2 X are added to the list twice for some reason. If this is the case, simply remove one of the entries from the list.
bill721
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

2.3 update

Post by bill721 »

Aerosoft has updated to 2.2 but is just real slow per support. Not sure when it will be available.
truthknown
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by truthknown »

PC Aviator has updated their download page to v2.3 but the file they have available for download is v2.1!!! I have sent them multiple messages to finally even provide the 2.3 update and they don't update with the correct file. Nor to they respond to their customers... ever!

I am just trying to get the updates that have been made. What other options to I have to get the updates to v2.3? This is quite ridiculous! Never buying anything from them ever again.

Chris
Chris Lezama