Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

rmastrelli
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Ryan

Re: NY Airports v2 X

Post by rmastrelli »

Hi there I'm new just bought this product. Two questions

I purchased from simmarket and I dont have a registration key, how do I know if my product is active?
Second question would be, is there any apron lighting outside the terminal buildings? Like in the gate areas? its very dark and i feel like there should be nights but they dont seem to be on at night

thanks
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
The night version should look exactly as on the promo screenshots, f/e: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/images ... NYA_38.jpg , http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/images ... NYA_37.jpg
LPort
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: LPort

Post by LPort »

Low framerate at KJFK.
There are eight files, in the scenery folder, that start with : KJFK_GND_XXX.bgl
They appear to be a sort of groundpoly ?
If you remove these eight files the framerate doubles (30 to 70 fps).
This is in the full version and the demo, in p3d V3(complete clean install) and V4(with orbx).
Other airports from the same and other packages have good framerate.
Perhaps an error in the compiling of the bgl's ?
rmastrelli
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by rmastrelli »

The night version should look exactly as on the promo screenshots, f/e
I do not have any flood lights at the gates it is just complete darkness. Which, as we all know is very unrealistic
I also cant tell if the product is registered correctly. I bought from simmarket used the download from there and installed but it never asked me for a reg key.

Any tips for either of these?

Thanks
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

rmastrelli wrote: Wednesday 01 Apr 2020, 21:51 I do not have any flood lights at the gates it is just complete darkness. Which, as we all know is very u
Please post the screenshot - otherwise we are not able to identify the problem.

Please provide more info about your config - which sim, which scenery version, what light setting. Without this info we can guess what could cause a problem.

And last but not least - please confirm that you tried to reinstall the scenery with admin rights and have last version of SODE installed.
rmastrelli wrote: Wednesday 01 Apr 2020, 21:51no reg key
It's correct.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

LPort wrote: Wednesday 01 Apr 2020, 18:16 Perhaps an error in the compiling of the bgl's ?
The compiling is ok. KJFK is rather complex airport / area with specific autogen and that's why there are so many files. They includes ground and probably lightning, so after removing them, fps will be better indeed, but you lost some scenery features.
rmastrelli
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by rmastrelli »

I have attached some screenshots of the airport at night. It just looks like there should be more lights around. I dont see any taxi lights or ramp lighting and the terminals look quite low quality at night. I am running the newest version of your scenery and the newest SODE as well as the newest version of P3D. Everything is up to date.

hope someone will be able t help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Have you tried to remove old files and reinstall the scenery running the installer with adming rights?

The night version should look exactly as on the promo screenshots, f/e:
http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/images ... NYA_38.jpg
http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/images ... NYA_37.jpg

Many of such issues depend on individual sim settings, and for example in P3Dv4 you can set almost everything regarding HDR display or turn it off. But in your case it's seems that some textures / files can be missing.
rmastrelli
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by rmastrelli »

ok so do you know maybe what I can do to solve this? i have reinstalled with admin and nothing changed. Very frustrating was not expecting this out of a high class company like this. I switched from FSDT because this one was SUPPOSED to be better. Do you know how I can completely get a fresh scenery library so I can start over?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Ryan, apparently there is some lighting visible, just very dim. Can you please post a screenshot of the settings you currently use? General, graphic and lighting?
rmastrelli
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by rmastrelli »

here are my settings. Nothing out of the ordinary
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Everything looks normal to me.
Is this the only airport where the issue occurs?
rmastrelli
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by rmastrelli »

heres KLGA i see some sort of floating lights in the air which is weird but everything appears to be lit. So it looks like KJFK is the only problem.
rmastrelli
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by rmastrelli »

its been a few days im tired of not being able to use the software as it was marketed is there any way to get a refund if we cant solve the problem? Do you know how I can start fresh with the default scenery for the entire sim and do a complete reinstall?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Ryan, I think you should try to get a refund indeed. It seems like your case is too individual/rare to troubleshoot it efficiently, apparently we've go no idea what might be wrong with that lighting in KJFK in your installation.