Seattle City X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

marknie
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Re: Seattle City X - Incomplete!

Post by marknie »

So I figured out how to completely remove, clean out and then download the latest version and reinstall. First off, this is not a new version, Nor is it completely compatible with Prepar 3d V4. (False advertising!) The installer is misleading and faulty. Even though it gives you a P3d V4 option, it merely installs and builds a folder in a addons sub folder! BS! Then creates an xml sdk installer from the documents folder. Very old fashion and sloppy! Then after ensuring that the scenery is on top of the library in P3d and no left over conflicting afcads from orbx. I then flew around the city. Lots of black holes and missing buildings. I also noticed that the installer made no entry in the windows 10 Programs and features section and no uninstaller file. This is very sloppy developer crap. Please stop charging people for this kind of nonsense. I am going to make formal complaint to simmarket so that they stop selling this incomplete nonsense! Ive had enough of this GARBAGE!!!! This is not a finished product!!!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: Seattle City X

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Marknie, I am not sure what you are talking about but definitely not about our product. :wink: So, step by step:
marknie wrote: Sunday 29 Apr 2018, 03:30First off, this is not a new version
The installer should say: v1.1 . If it does - it is a new version. And you got it for free as a free update.
marknie wrote: Sunday 29 Apr 2018, 03:30Nor is it completely compatible with Prepar 3d V4. (False advertising!)
As far as I know it is indeed completely compatible with Prepar 3d V4. I have no idea where you got an idea of false advertising.
marknie wrote: Sunday 29 Apr 2018, 03:30it merely installs and builds a folder in a addons sub folder
Yes, this is where all our products are installed and this is correct.
marknie wrote: Sunday 29 Apr 2018, 03:30Then creates an xml sdk installer from the documents folder. Very old fashion and sloppy!
Tell this to Lockheed Martin - this is the only recommended method for developers to add content. Sounds like a hate speech from you actually! I guess you should rather read this: https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/add- ... opers.html
marknie wrote: Sunday 29 Apr 2018, 03:30I then flew around the city. Lots of black holes and missing buildings.
There is none, unless the install is wrong or unless you do not have the Airports package (but this will only be visible in airport areas). Black areas are shadows of custom-made buildings and they will appear where the airports are indeed. It is the same from the v1.0 version, nothing changed there.
marknie wrote: Sunday 29 Apr 2018, 03:30I also noticed that the installer made no entry in the windows 10 Programs and features section and no uninstaller file. This is very sloppy developer crap.
No, this is hate speech. There are clear instructions provided on how to securely uninstall the product.
marknie wrote: Sunday 29 Apr 2018, 03:30I am going to make formal complaint to simmarket so that they stop selling this incomplete nonsense! Ive had enough of this GARBAGE!!!! This is not a finished product!!!
Well, I guess you simply had a bad day. Our product is finished, not garbage and working perfectly. Of course if you do not like it you may ask for a refund from the vendor, but there is no need to throw threats here really.
------------------
ssair1 wrote: Sunday 29 Apr 2018, 01:15 do I need to uninstall the old one first or will the new installer do it automatically?
Hi. The installer will do everything automatically.
Tenala
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Tenala »

Downloaded today at simmarket; installer shows 1.05 instead of 1.10. Is it a mistake or it is possible that simmarket has not yet updated, eventhough I got an e-mail from them that theres is a new version for download.

Regards Roland
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Thanks, forwarded to Simmarket.
Mejjo
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Mejjo »

Hi there,

Has the latest update for this been sent to The Flight Sim Store aswell?

Many thanks.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Yes, but they seem not to respond to any messages for a few weeks - I am not sure what is going on there.
Mejjo
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Mejjo »

Hey there,

Thank you for the reply.

They really frustrate me with their service, I don't buy any products there any more as they have lack of communication and are very slow to update products. Is there any way around me getting the update with my proof of purchase?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Well, if nothing changes I think a police report should be filed since we also need to receive appropriate documentation from them and we do not.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

The new DEMO of this product has been published.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0fcif0unwdxn1 ... O.exe?dl=1
kmelz
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Issues w/ KSEA

Post by kmelz »

Just having some compatibility issues with T2G KSEA. Elevation/Missing buildings.

Layering:
DD Seattle X
T2G KSEA
T2G KSEA-TERRAIN

Elevation
https://i.imgur.com/4rE4pJO.jpg

This issue goes away when T2G KSEA/KSEA-TERRAIN is layered above DD Seattle X. However, I get missing buildings in downtown Seattle with it layered like this.

Missing buildings
https://i.imgur.com/SHbDnpE.jpg

The circled buildings amongst others are missing whenever DD KSEA is not installed and all other airports installed. This issue even appears when T2G KSEA is not installed either.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
This is actually correct as those buildings belong to our KSEA model.
That whole in the ground however is not part of our model. Did you have it before installing our Seattle?
kmelz
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by kmelz »

Yeah the hole in the ground was in there with DD Seattle X 1.05. Seems as though there's a mismatch in elevation between T2G's KSEA-TERRAIN and Seattle X. OrbX is installed as well with all KSEA files turned off.
Mejjo
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Mejjo »

Hi there,

Thank you for the reply. I have also contacted Flight Sim Store to ask when they are likely to update the product. For now i guess i will have to just sit back and wait... Will always buy at Simarket from now on.
albert63
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by albert63 »

I do not understand if you need to uninstall version 1.05 and if so how do you do it?
thk
FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FireRx »

hi Stanislaw,
May I make a request for us Helicopter Pilots? On the next update could you include more solid landing spot for the helis. and certain locations downtown and the Marina area please. :D I really enjoy the scenery have have been egging all my fellow Sim Pilot's in my group to get this. KSEA is simply Stunning!