Seattle City X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

Michael
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Missing buildings at S43 and KPAE

Post by Michael »

I've installed the Seattle City X scenery into my Prepar3D v4 setup (I also have the Orbx PNW and Orbx Harvey Field scenery installed). When I set my aircraft up at Harvey Field after installing your scenery, all of the airport buildings were missing. When I took off and flew over Paine Field, the airport buildings were missing there as well. Is this some sort of exclude file issue, or would it be the case that I'm possibly running out of system resources?
BrianW
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Re: Missing buildings at S43 and KPAE

Post by BrianW »

Michael wrote:I've installed the Seattle City X scenery into my Prepar3D v4 setup (I also have the Orbx PNW and Orbx Harvey Field scenery installed). When I set my aircraft up at Harvey Field after installing your scenery, all of the airport buildings were missing. When I took off and flew over Paine Field, the airport buildings were missing there as well. Is this some sort of exclude file issue, or would it be the case that I'm possibly running out of system resources?
I had the same issue with Harvey. Try moving harvey field above the Seattle X entry in your scenery library, that seemed to work for me. Just make sure to keep all the other PNW entries below Seattle X per the manual. Not sure why you don’t see anything at Paine Field though, do KRNT and KBFI show up ok?.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Michael wrote:When I set my aircraft up at Harvey Field
Can you provide some more information regarding that airport? Do you use a default scenery or a custom one? Generally that airport is not included in the package and our product should not remove anything from that area however I will double-check that.
BrianW
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by BrianW »

DD Stanislaw wrote:
Michael wrote:When I set my aircraft up at Harvey Field
Can you provide some more information regarding that airport? Do you use a default scenery or a custom one? Generally that airport is not included in the package and our product should not remove anything from that area however I will double-check that.
The airport he’s referring to is this one:

https://orbxdirect.com/product/s43

When I experienced the problem the first thing I did was deactivate Seattle X in the Add-ons which brought the buildings back, it is strange though because like you said it’s outside the coverage area. When I enabled Seattle X the buildings were gone again so I then moved the S43 entry up in the scenery library and the buildings came back.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Ok, let me get that one and do some testing. Looks like an easy to fix issue - probably one of our excludes went too far.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

This file should fix the problem with Harvey Field being excluded:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hrvzknlfz58me ... t.bgl?dl=1
It goes to Addon Scenery\Seattle X\Scenery .
THibben
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Seattle Airports X download time.

Post by THibben »

I have been trying to download Seattle Airports and it has taken hours. The first try was hours and hours and ended up being faulty. I tried a second time and it was downloading at about 135k and was going to take 10 plus hours. I finally gave up.

Any thoughts?

Tom
Michael
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Michael »

DD Stanislaw wrote:This file should fix the problem with Harvey Field being excluded:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hrvzknlfz58me ... t.bgl?dl=1
It goes to Addon Scenery\Seattle X\Scenery .
Thanks Stanislaw - that worked for Harvey. Unfortunately, the problem still exists for KPAE (please check the details of the photo).

http://www.medianet.ca/pics/missingKPAEbuildings.jpg

NOTE- I do NOT currently have Seattle Airports X installed, so this may just be a problem for users who only have the Seattle City X scenery.

PS- I actually purchased the Seattle Airports X from PC Aviator the same time I bought Seattle City X, but the link PC Aviator sent me for that scenery was bogus (I keep receiving the message "You supplied valid download key, but system failed to find distribution package, please contact the shop administration"). I've sent a couple of messages to PC Aviator, but I haven't heard anything back from them. Do you have more of a "direct line" to someone there who can help me? I'd like to check out some of your airports in this scenery I've paid for!

Thanks,
Michael
kenthom
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Buildings disappear when I move T2G KSEA above

Post by kenthom »

Seattle City: Upon install I was missing buildings at KBFI and one industrial building just south of City Center. They left a black thumbprint as in photos posted above by others.

I use the T2G KSEA airport. I moved it above Seattle City in the Scenery Library to keep it intact. After moving it several industrial buildings just south of the city center also were gone leaving black thumb prints.

I am using P3D v4.1. ORBX base and OpenLC only. Is there a way to preserve the city without interfering with KSEA?
THibben
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Seattle Airports

Post by THibben »

I think I finally got Seattle Airports downloaded but now I am not able to install it correctly.
I have been at this for hours and I am getting nowhere. I am beginning to feel like a very old brain dead idiot....grin

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Tom
Z06z33
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Z06z33 »

I'm having the same issue I had with Miami X all of the FTX Global Streetlights are gone. Just the main highways show up. Can you tell me how to fix this? I'm using P3Dv4
FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FireRx »

very odd, everything install perfect for me,. both Seattle X and the airports. I did however made sure after installation to do the force migration in FTX Central 3 again after installation. This helps put everything in it;s proper place and fixes issues like floating Buildings an such in P3D v4. Also remember the texture mesh setting on this one.
http://jpeghost.com/images/2017/12/11/2 ... 31-328.jpg
THibben
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Seattle Airports

Post by THibben »

As I mentioned in my last post I was able to download Airport X. The total file size is 4.72MB. That is made up with Seattle Airport_x with 1,953,125KB, _x2 with 813,968 KB and_x3 with 1,953,125KB. The basic Seattle Airport X won't install in FSX.

I am in need of help please.

Thanks,

Tom
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Michael wrote:"You supplied valid download key, but system failed to find distribution package, please contact the shop administration").
I've already contacted them and neither received a reply.
kenthom wrote:Is there a way to preserve the city without interfering with KSEA?
Our product must be at the top of the list. The problem with missing buildings at KBFI and KPAE airports will be fixed asap. With KSEA however there should be no intereference.
THibben wrote:The total file size is 4.72MB. That is made up with Seattle Airport_x with 1,953,125KB, _x2 with 813,968 KB and_x3 with 1,953,125KB. The basic Seattle Airport X won't install in FSX.
The file sizes are correct. What do you mean by "won't install"? Could you please provide some more details - are there any error messages for example?
mazelda
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by mazelda »

Apologies for the real newbie type questions, but this is the first products I've bought from your company.
Just a couple of basic questions really .
1. I installed Seattle airports x before then purchasing seattle city x .As far as I can tell they have installed correctly but in the p3dv4 scenery library I only have one entry called Seattle x , is this correct? I was expecting 2 airports and city.
Also as part of the previous question I'm trying to see the difference after Seattle city has been installed but as I have Orbx PNW ,Vector, Global and N America Open LC installed I'm not sure I can see any obvious differences apart from the Airports which are much more detailed.
Are there any particular areas that are much more detailed that I can check out?
I also have P3dv3 installed,but these have not had The Seattle scenery addon's installed, only the Orbx software is installed in thatso between the 2 programs I should be able to tell the difference.
many thanks