Seattle Airports X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

P3DNerd
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: SteveSmith

Re: Seattle Airports X

Post by P3DNerd »

Thanks...I'll check that .bgl file and let you know what I find out.
P3DNerd
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: SteveSmith

Post by P3DNerd »

OK...here's the update on the duplicate signs issue at T2G KSEA with Seattle Airports X installed p3d V4.4, but with DD KSEA NOT ACTIVATED....

I finally was able to eliminate the duplicate signs by searching the Seattle X Scenery folder for all .bgl files associated with KSEA.
Then I manually turned each .bgl file to "OFF" by renaming them .OFF. That got rid of the duplicate signs at T2G KSEA.

I don't know which DD KSEA related .bgl file was the problem or whether there were multiple .bgl files involved.

But simply relying on the Seattle Airports X installer v1.3 was not enough to prevent the installation of active .bgl files for KSEA in the DD Seattle X Scenery folder which interfered with T2G's KSEA airport scenery.

I hope that this helps anyone who might have run into the same problem that I did.

I also appreciate the support from Drzewiecki's team, as we worked together to get this sorted.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Thank you, we will investigate the issue and fix it asap.
Spiers33
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Spiers33

Post by Spiers33 »

Just installed Seattle Airports and all seems to be OK except my plane is 1,958 above my parking place I called for in FSX Steam when I start the program up ??? Please help.

Thanks
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Firstly please confirm that you installed our scenery in the correct way.

If FSX Box only installed - you should mark "Microsoft Flight Simulator X" in the installer setup
If FSX:SE only installed - you should mark "Microsoft Flight Simulator X" in the installer setup too

But when both sims are installed and you want to...
...install to FSX Box then use Microsoft Flight Simulator X in the installer setup
...install to FSX:SE then use Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition (Dual Mode) in the installer setup

Please also confirm that you run the installer with admin rights.

In next step it's necessary to check if you have any other addons having the influence to this area.
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
Spiers33
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Spiers33

Post by Spiers33 »

Thank you Martin. I don't believe i installed as "administrator" but will uninstall and follow your advice. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help.
FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FireRx »

hey DD.
Are you getting any reported issue with Orbx Building HD and seattle Airports? I'm going to reinstal v1.3 again and tun Vectors again. Airports were missing buildings and Aircraft/
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

We do not get such reports and have never checked - let's call it - compatibility. But if there is any problem after installation of Orbx Building HD, you should ask ORBX via forum if there is any connection.

By the way - in case of missing buildings you may also go to the Scenery Library and if you find any entries related to Seattle Airports X, please manually remove them. Sometimes "double entries" may be created on the basis of XML entry and the entry in the Scenery Library. In P3D v4 there shouldn't be any entry in the Scenery Library - otherwise, due to "double entries" all buildings are missing.
FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FireRx »

Thanks Martin,
I think I fixed it. it still had stuff from the older versions in there. I deleted the older versions and install version 1.3 on both the Seattle X City and airport again. :D also deleted the folder in the Prepar3D add-on in the document folder also.
AeroMaster
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: AeroMaster

Post by AeroMaster »

Hello, just wanted to point out gate mislabeling of the new Paine Field terminal (now serviced by Alaska & United Airlines)

It seems like the labeling of gates A1 and A2 are backwards, and there's also a taxipoint that's missing a GATE_SMALL for Gate A3. Just wanted to give you all a heads up for improvements ideas for the backlog. Added the expected gate values in red. Gate A3 does not have a jetway, and the SODE jetways for A1 and A2 are of the glass type.

Used this as a point of reference: https://youtu.be/ZYd5UxN4P20?t=1918

Cheers!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks a lot for your support - we will check this and eventually consider in the next update.
pijnackerpilot
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: pijnackerpilot

Post by pijnackerpilot »

Hello Stanislaw,

So far really enjoying a wonderfully nice product. However, whenever I attempt to select a gate after landing using the gsx menu, I notice that just a very small selection of gates is available for choosing. Is there a way to make all the gates available for selection via gsx?

Looking forward to your reply.

Cheers,

Daniel W.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

It maybe something relating to AFCAD, which is wrongly-read by GSX - can you show usbwhat you see in GSX menu? By the way you might also consider using Cartayna Files configuration for GSX2: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index. ... 008.0.html
pijnackerpilot
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: pijnackerpilot

Post by pijnackerpilot »

https://imgur.com/iezTa1M

It seems to be an afcad thing

I also installed the CARTAYNA file as suggested but due to the limited amount of listed gates I now only get jetways at the few gates that are listed in the afcad.

What should I do to correct?

Cheers,

Dan W.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Dan, GSX should indicate in the control panel which AFCAD is being read by it. Can you let me know what is the path of it?