Seattle Airports X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Seattle Airports X

Post by Martin_Starski »

So, I think you need to "play" with setting of insertion point in FTX Central - you need to set it below our scenery, which should always be on top of the scenery.cfg.

LifeFlight1
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Mike

Post by LifeFlight1 »

Hello all, I actually just bought Seattle city X, and i ran into a major problem being I am a Helicopter enthusiast. The helipad @ Harborview Medical center does not work for me. I dont know what i am did wrong. I lowered my shader's which is usually the issue with Scenery malfunction. I still sink in like its wet mud or something :roll: . Any help would be great appreciated. This scenery really kicks butt and i want to utilize it. Thanks LifeFlight1 :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
It should work fine, we have landed there dozens of times. So does your heli drops down to the ground without hitting the platform object?
LifeFlight1
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by LifeFlight1 »

Correct! it lands, but sinks .. The scenery overall is beautiful . Love it just want my hospital to work lol. :D
USAIRBRO
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by USAIRBRO »

I just purchased KSEA within Seattle Airports X. I noticed a major back up due to runway 34/R and 16/L open to landings. Is it possible to modify the AFCAD to only depart from Runway(s) 34/R and 16/L? Please help.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

USAIRBRO wrote: Wednesday 11 Mar 2020, 16:12 a major back up
Hi.
Please elaborate.
USAIRBRO
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by USAIRBRO »

Ai traffic gets backup are you able to modify the AFCAD?
LifeFlight1
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by LifeFlight1 »

It hits the platform object, looks like a elevation error IDK??? I dont run ORBX or anything else extraordinary .
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

USAIRBRO wrote: Wednesday 11 Mar 2020, 16:12 major back up due to runway 34/R and 16/L open to landings. Is it possible to modify the AFCAD to only depart from Runway(s) 34/R and 16/L?
USAIRBRO wrote: Wednesday 11 Mar 2020, 20:52 Ai traffic gets backup
Still we are not able to understand what do you mean by getting back-up. At the moment I'm not sure if we are able to modify the AFCAD file.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

LifeFlight1 wrote: Wednesday 11 Mar 2020, 21:51 hits the platform object, looks like a elevation error IDK???
The point is that it's working on our side. Do you have any other addons for this area? At the other places / airports / helipads eveything is ok with an elevation?

I presume you have already done the simplest operation like reinstall of the last version with the admin rights, right?
Richy93
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Richy

Post by Richy93 »

Hi all,

I installed the Seattle City X demo and Seattle Airports X demo and even the demos look really nice!
However, I have some texture issues which generate some black squares/patches in the scenery. These patches come in and out depending on the level of zoom.
See attached pictures.

Kind regards,
Richy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Firstly please let us know which sim are we talking about. I do not know which addons you have in your sim or where they are positioned in the scenery library. This behavior cannot be observed during a flight, so I can only try to guess if these black squares appear because of other addon, camera addon, sim engine or maybe graphical settings. Unfortunately there are lots of possible options, but I do not remember the similar report neither in full version nor in demo.
Richy93
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Richy

Post by Richy93 »

Thanks for your reply.
I'm running FSX with Ultimate Terrain X USA and World of AI (traffic addon). Flying with different aircraft results in different black patches.
Have a look at the screenshot below. Since the black patch looks almost identical to a AI aircraft (the missing wing of the black patch became visible when adjusting the zoom), I tried to set the AI traffic slider to 0%. The black patches went away by doing this. Thank you for your help anyway :)
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Richy, in this case please check your AI traffic models - it seems like some of them might not be compatible with FSX.
Anatolski
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Anatolski »

Hello,

I use Win10 Prepar 4.5 und Seattle X and Airports 1.3 with orbx OLC, PNW, Vector, no addon-mesh.

I always lost autogen in some corner of the scenery. Sometimes If I start from KSEA oder from KBFI or in the air.

I invested a whole day in finding a solution.... it is complicate and at the moment not satisfying to solve to me.

In 2018 in DD Forums was written:

-Customer Cristian: I have both sceneries, Seattle AirportsX 1.1 and Seattle CityX. When I take-off from KSEA and fly to KBFI a large patch of Autogen at the north east corner of KBFI is gone. It is there when I start P3D from KBFI. I tested all KBFI files and found ot, if I de-aktivate the five KBFI_GND bgl files and the KBFI_TWYLHT.bgl file then everything is OK with the autogen, but KBFI isn´t fully nice. Therefore I assume there is soemthing in these six files that supresses autogen at the KBFI north east corner when taking off from KSEA. Could you have a look at these files? As said the autogen is there when I choose KBFI as starting point in P3Dv4.

-Post by Martin_Starski » Monday 26 Nov 2018, 11:44
I'm afraid Christian that there is no news in this case. We have noted your report and will investigate it as soon as our resources and time allow us.

Until now I did not find a solution in the DD Forum for this!

What I can ascertain is

a) the fact, that in Prepar 3D V4.5 if you start a earlier saved situation in the air not on the ground/ariport, autogen is perhaps not loading complete. I found it out as well in some Orbx sceneries.

It seems this is a well a problem in DD Seattle X.

b) I put off al potential conflicting other sceneries (I mostly use Orbx sceneries) in the scenerybiblio in the simulator and start in KSEA on the ground: In this case I sometimes can controll the lack of autogen in the south west corner of KSEA but get back a lack of autogen near by KBFI Boing Field.

c) If I start on the ground in KBFI I havent got this lack of autogen near by KBFI but get another lack of autogen north of KSEA.

d) If in the air - after start on ground in KSEA - I sometimes can influence the autogen near by KBFI with switching the slider of amount of autogen oder texture resolution to 30 cm, but the positiv effect is gone if I restart the simulator

e) I cannot influence the described problem by putting off Orbx vector or Orbx PNW

f) confusing to me is the fact too, that it seems if I change the autogen oder texture resolution slider the effect is not the same until I close and restart the simulator. Will say If autogen is o.k. I can vary with the slider, restart the simulator autogen in the described corners is lost again.

g) another anomaly with this scenery: I made a copy of the orignal folder from addons to another drive. Delete the entry in the addon folder und put the new path to the scenerybiblio and al autogen was there until I restart the simulator...?

h) the above mentioned ariportxy-GND files of seattle X realy refer to the problem - if set offline the ground is not correct but the autogen is in the right place in any case.

I have those problems only with DD Seattle X (1.2 or 1.3).

Do you have any solution to me?

regards Thomas

see also here:
https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/173 ... nt-1519571