Seattle Airports X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

Jorgen
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Re: Seattle Airports X

Post by Jorgen »

Stanislaw,

When I look in my scenery.cfg file, I don't see KSEA or Seattle in there, but they are in the scenery_add-ons.xml file. So, a question for you: where, priority-wise, are the sceneries referred to in scenery_add-ons.xml in relation to the sceneries referred to in scenery.cfg?

The reason for this question is that you said that KSEA should be at the top of priorities - or did I get that one wrong?

Jorgen
marknie
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by marknie »

I switched to Your KSEA and I like it much better. Thanks Mesh conflicts can be solved using simple airport scanner by scruffy duck. They have a new beta version for p3d v4.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Jorgen wrote: Wednesday 13 Jun 2018, 15:38 at the top of priorities
That is correct - XML sceneries are higher than scenery.cfg sceneries, but that only works for P3Dv4 in our case.
Jorgen
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Jorgen »

This is running under P3D v.4.2, and the Simple Airport Scanner by Scruffyduck shows no conflicts.

Jorgen
marknie
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by marknie »

I dont know then. Anything that has KSEA with a bgl that is not part of seattle X folder I removed. I have no mesh conflicts. The DD KSEA is much better than the taxi2gate. IMHO
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Try de-activating the airport (install the product with KSEA inactive) and see the result. If the issue is still there than it has to be something else...
Jorgen
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Jorgen »

Marknie,

How do you search for mesh conflicts in Simple Airport Scanner? So far, I have only been using it to search for duplicated AFCADs.

Jorgen
marknie
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by marknie »

Search your whole hard drive for *KSEA*.bgl The asterisks are important, THen remove dupes dupe by renaming them the bgl part to "off" to deactivate them. Thats another method I use. . . I use windows file explorer to do it.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

A file does not need to be named KSEA.bgl to include conflicting data - apparently it can have any random name.
shipdriver
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Rob

Seattle Airports X KPAE suggestion for future update

Post by shipdriver »

Great scenery and I love the fps! I have one suggestion though for KPAE though: The Flying Heritage Collection is now the Flying Heritage and Combat Armor Museum and has new signs on Hangar 1 since last year (https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi2qqaijQdJ/). Also, the museum has a third hangar under construction (the exterior is largely complete and is set to open hopefully in November) which is the largest of the three hangars. There will be enclosed, glazed walkways between the 3 hangars as well (the walkway between Hangar 1 and Hangar 2 should be complete this month). It would be great to get those updated in your fabulous scenery. Thanks!
Marty0208
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Marty

Post by Marty0208 »

Hello, I just bought and installed the v1.2 version. But there are some problems. These Seattle airports don't cast and receive shadows, including the jetways and static aircrafts. Dynamic lights not work also. I have turned on those options and I have no problem with other airports.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

shipdriver wrote: Friday 15 Jun 2018, 17:56 the museum has a third hangar
Hi Thanks for the info! Regarding the third hangar, if we get some pictures of it (and the glass connection) it shouldn't be a problem to model it.
Marty0208 wrote: Friday 15 Jun 2018, 23:13 These Seattle airports don't cast and receive shadows, including the jetways and static aircrafts. Dynamic lights not work also.
That is correct but you can force object to cast/receive shadows by selecting the "no shadow" objects in the settings. There are no dynamic lights.
Jorgen
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Jorgen »

Still searching for a solution to the issue I have at KPAE, I stumbled over a file in my P3D \Scenery\World\Scenery folder that might have something to do with the issue.

The file name is "Snohomish Co KPAE_ARP.bgl". Could that be causing the issue - and what do those xxxARP.bgl files do?

Thanks -

Jorgen
MANUONE64
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Manuel

Post by MANUONE64 »

Good Morning,
Yesterday I acquired Seattle Airport and Seattle City.
When you install Seattle Airport, you see all the perfect airports, but when you add Seattle City, the KPEA airport changes the altitude of the terrain.
I only have Ultimate Terrain USA installed.
Attached photos.
What I can do.

Thank you[.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
There is no KPEA airport - so KSEA or KPAE?
Please provide some screenshots of the problem. Also please make sure that both products has version 1.2 .
Or you can simply try installing the city first and then the airports.