Seattle Airports X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

kui5566
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by kui5566 »

Hi,

the terrain is flat and back to normal.

but some grass still floating above the land.

some ai plane still flickering.
jack
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Can you please attach a screenshot?
TedRuby
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by TedRuby »

Hi Stanislaw, I have bought both scenerys Seattle X and Seattle Airports. We already talked on Facebook about the fact that you created a masterpiece with Seattle! I wish you many customers - it will surely be a great success for you. There are a few things I noticed:

No Starting Location in P3Dv4 for Helicopters at KBFI - next update?
Faulty Night Texture at Mount Rainer at all! Try it out..
Where is the Kenmore Hangar? - saw pics on Facebook? But not saw at Lake Union?

Otherwise, I noticed no further anomalies.

As a follow-up project I recommend you Vancouver X to build on your success!

Best regards & Merry Chrismas - Ted
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Thanks for the reports.
TedRuby wrote:No Starting Location in P3Dv4 for Helicopters at KBFI
Yes, somehow we did not think about adding them. :wink:
TedRuby wrote:Night Texture at Mount Rainer
Actually there is no night texture at all to save some additional GBs...
TedRuby wrote:Where is the Kenmore Hangar
Kenmore Air Harbor: 47.757489, -122.258023, the very North of Lake Washington. Its the other one :wink:
TedRuby
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by TedRuby »

Hello

Okay at night you should not be on Mount Rainer if only as a guest at the Paradise Inn. True, the second Kenmore hangar I had not thought - if I fly Kenmore then always from Lake Union there as close to the Center...

Ted :)
rpmcb
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by rpmcb »

Hi. Actually this should have been corrected automatically during install. Which sim do you use? As a quick fix you can rename all KSEA0*.bgl files to KSEA0*.off . The files are located in FS\SimMarket\KSEA-T2G FSX\data\KSEA-TERRAIN\Scenery . BTW, what is your ground texture resolution setting?
I'm running P3D 4.1. Looking in the folder, it appears the standard KSEA0*.bgl files were indeed set to .off, but there are additional files called KSEA0*-ftx.bgl, which were not set to .off (screenshot here). I'm not sure the origin of these files, but I'm assuming Taxi2Gate added them for FTX scenery compatibility?

In any case, I set those -ftx.bgl files to .off (screenshot here) and the issue is resolved! (Screenshot here) Perhaps the installer needs to account for these -ftx.bgl files as well?

My texture resolution is set to max, as you can see in the screenshots here and here.

One remaining question, in the upcoming update for Seattle Airports, assuming I use Taxi2Gate SEA and don't need a new SEA, should I plan on installing this upcoming update, or no? In other words, will future updates undo the work I did to get this working and/or include additional fixes beyond just adding a new SEA? That will drive my decision on whether to update or not.

Very much appreciate your help. Na zdrowie!
Wise87
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Static aircraft wheels below ground KRNT

Post by Wise87 »

I loaded up the 737 @ KRNT today and noticed that some of the static aircraft wheels sit below the ground. It doesn't effect the planes on the other side of the runway but it does the GA, and planes near or on the other side of the bridge. It does not effect the vehicles, people or equipment.

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
THibben
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Seattle Airports X download time.

Post by THibben »

I have tried twice today to download Seattle Airports and it is taking 14 plus hours to download. It is only downloading at 125mb or so. The first download was bad and wouldn't install. I had no problem downloading Seattle Scenery X file.

I have a very high end system and scenery such as ORBX will download in minutes.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Tom
BrianW
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Re: Seattle Airports X download time.

Post by BrianW »

THibben wrote:I have tried twice today to download Seattle Airports and it is taking 14 plus hours to download. It is only downloading at 125mb or so. The first download was bad and wouldn't install. I had no problem downloading Seattle Scenery X file.

I have a very high end system and scenery such as ORBX will download in minutes.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Tom
Not sure where you ordered from but I’ll occasionally get a bad connection at Simmarket. What sometimes works for me is launching the download again before canceling the slow one. I have no idea what their network infrastructure is, but I can only assume some sort of load balancer “sticky” persistence keeps you assigned to an overloaded or otherwise slow connection.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

rpmcb wrote:-ftx.bgl
Fixed - thanks for the info. This is only P3Dv4-related indeed.
rpmcb wrote:should I plan on installing this upcoming update
http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/view ... 2370#12370 . Regarding future updates - from v1.1 the only available product will be the one with our KSEA included but also with additional changes. So updating from v1.0 to, lets say, v1.7 will mean the same additional fee. In any case you need to agree that for 5 airport that is still a good price. :wink:
Wise87 wrote:some of the static aircraft wheels sit below the ground
This is related to a mesh conflict. Please make sure that no dublicated AFD are installed (older sceneries, MyTraffic etc) and the Airport Elevation Correction is desabled for this airport in ORBX settings.
THibben wrote:it is taking 14 plus hours to download (...) I have a very high end system
Please note that download speed is not related to PC specs or scenery developer. Our vendors are responsible for downloads and you are downloading from their server. Please have a look here: http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/view ... 1197#11197 . Regarding unpacking the file: it is recommended to use http://www.7-zip.org/download.html to decompress the product. 7zip is a well-known and a very effective freeware compression software, handling large files very well.
kui5566
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by kui5566 »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Can you please attach a screenshot?
Image[/img]

Image[/img]

here is the photo i attach. u can see some ai airlines can have two different paint.

u also can see some ai plane is grey but after 3 second the repaint came out
jack
sauqydr
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by sauqydr »

Hello, I've purchased your products from FSPS Store, and the download speed was too slow from there (around 30kbps). Is there any way that you could give me a mirror link? Thanks
TedRuby
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by TedRuby »

@ kui5566

You have to remove Static Aircraft files in the scenery...
Chase911
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

xp11

Post by Chase911 »

I had inquired as to this scenery being released for XP11 and the answer was yes.
I see in your FB page where you listed all your retailers for this seattle scenery and
The Xplane store is listed. I checked the store and a few of the others and i do not see it for
Sale for xp anywhere. Do you think it will be available for xp by Christmas?
Thanks,
Dave
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Re: xp11

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Chase911 wrote:Do you think it will be available for xp by Christmas?
Rather March/April (and only after KSEA is completed).
sauqydr wrote:Hello, I've purchased your products from FSPS Store, and the download speed was too slow from there
Our vendors are responsible for downloads and you are downloading from their server. In case of problems please contact the vendor directly. Please have a look here: http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/view ... 1197#11197 .