Seattle Airports X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

Chase911
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Re: xp11

Post by Chase911 »

Drats! Lol. Ok. At least both sceneries will be released at the same time.
Great work. I'm looking forward to it.
Thanks for the quick responce.
Dave
Wise87
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Wise87 »

I ran the Orbx Auto Configuration for Elevation Correction and than checked the list to disable all three of the airports and they don't even show up in the list to disable. Still have GA and some of the 737 sitting below the ground. I do use vector and global base pack.
TedRuby
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by TedRuby »

Hi Stanislaw,

one more thing I noticed:

All three radio masts have incorrect position lights in Queen Anne that is a neighborhood in Seattle that sits directly north of Downtown...

regards Ted 8)
kui5566
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by kui5566 »

TedRuby wrote:@ kui5566

You have to remove Static Aircraft files in the scenery...
Hi TedRuby,

can you tell me which file of stat airc in the scenery i need to remove?

thanks
jack
TedRuby
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by TedRuby »

Hi Jack,

normally you remove in the Scenery (Seattle X / scenery) the BGL files with "STAT or Static", however, after removing this files you have still the shadow outlines on KPAE. It is better to reinstall - and deselect the static plan Option... before you start your Installation.

Ted 8)
somiller
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by somiller »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Ok, please try placing this file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l04pgwvd3tvzh ... r.BGL?dl=1 into Addon Scenery\Seattle X\Scenery .
Stanislaw,

SeattleX and AirportsX are fantastic...what a marvel of detail and high performance. I run an i7-6700K and GTX 1070, and I get great performance.

Regarding the vecter exclude bgl, I've placed it in the folder you indicated, and it does fix the elevation problems. At first glance, one minor issue after the fix...some vegetation floating in air close to the stream/river.

I think you've created the performance standard by which all 3rd party scenery will be judged - great work!

Steven Miller
kenthom
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by kenthom »

Does the Seattle Airports change the total surrounding landmass texture as Seattle City does or does it only provide landmass texture for each of the separate airports individually as most 3rd party airports do?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Wise87 wrote:I ran the Orbx Auto Configuration for Elevation Correction and than checked the list to disable all three of the airports and they don't even show up in the list to disable.
In this case you need to enter the ICAO codes manuall to the Disabled section.
TedRuby wrote:All three radio masts have incorrect position lights
I believe the lights may actually be from one of the ORBX products. I'll have a look at that.
kui5566 wrote:which file of stat airc in the scenery i need to remove
The installer works as a configuration tool. Simply run the installer again and select the features you wish to install or not. Just as the message sais:
somiller wrote:I think you've created the performance standard by which all 3rd party scenery will be judged - great work!
Thanks! I am glad our techniques are effective.
kenthom wrote:Does the Seattle Airports change the total surrounding landmass texture as Seattle City does or does it only provide landmass texture for each of the separate airports individually as most 3rd party airports do?
Only the very surrounding is included; when Seattle City X is installed, the whole area is included.
Navigator41
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Runway lights KBFI

Post by Navigator41 »

Excellent product I’m very pleased with my purchase. Only issue I have is the runway lights at KBFI there are no centre runway lights.
Angus Rowlands
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Navigator41
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Navigator41 »

Oh ok thanks
Angus Rowlands
THibben
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Seattle Airports won't install correctly

Post by THibben »

As I mentioned in my last post I was able to download Airport X. The total file size is 4.72MB. That is made up with Seattle Airport_x with 1,953,125KB, _x2 with 813,968 KB and_x3 with 1,953,125KB. The basic Seattle Airport X won't install in FSX.

I am in need of help please.

Thanks,

Tom
sauqydr
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by sauqydr »

Hey, finally managed to download the scenery. But I'm having another problem. The grass we're flickering like this

Is there any way to fix this?

edit: it doesn't seem to happen when I paused the sim
TedRuby
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by TedRuby »

Hello Stanislaw,

How are you today? Hope you're not too busy?

Again on the subject of position lamps -I looked at this Problem again:

It also applies to:

Pacific Medical Center - First Hill - Adresse: 1101 Madison St Ste 301, Seattle, WA 98104

and the three communications towers clustered near 17th and 18th Avenues just south of E. Madison Street and the three Towers at Queens Ann

The problem actually comes directly from the scenery ORBX Pacific Northwest

(D:\P3Dv4\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY) when this is disabled, the lights/towers are gone.

I didn't find the appropriate file in my ORBX Folder. I think you have to create a exclude file for it - next update Seattle 1.1

regards Ted :-)
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Seattle Airports won't install correctly

Post by DD Stanislaw »

THibben wrote:As I mentioned in my last post I was able to download Airport X. (...) The basic Seattle Airport X won't install in FSX.
Hi. If you are not giving me any details I can't really help... Do you have or can install TeamViewer?
sauqydr wrote:The grass we're flickering like
Hmm... Never seen anything like this before. It must be a conflict with another software but I have no idea what might be causing this...
TedRuby wrote:D:\P3Dv4\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY) when this is disabled, the lights/towers are gone
Hi. Everythings fine, thanks :wink: . There is an exclude file which should remove all the lower library objects but let me double-check that. Actually would you might doing a small beta-test of the next patch for us? If so, it would be easier to contact via e-mail: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/c.htm