Seattle Airports X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

jc2231
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Re: Seattle Airports X

Post by jc2231 »

I uninstalled Seattle Airports X back to the base scenery. Nothing looks out of the ordinary. Do you have any idea where to look for leftover T2G files if there are any?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Do you see a default scenery now?
If so, do you have a good fps now or there is still a drop?

Have you tried to check the sim folder to search any files with ICAO codes for KSEA?

And the last thing to check - please try our scenery with deactivated PNW and let us know if you see any difference.
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
jc2231
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by jc2231 »

Martin_Starski wrote: Wednesday 06 Feb 2019, 15:15 Do you see a default scenery now?
If so, do you have a good fps now or there is still a drop?

I tested the default KSEA with Seattle City X and PNW activated and the sim is screaming at 100+ frames
Martin_Starski wrote: Wednesday 06 Feb 2019, 15:15 Have you tried to check the sim folder to search any files with ICAO codes for KSEA?
I searched the sim folder for KSEA and renamed those files not associated with Seattle X to .off and still received frames in the teens.
Martin_Starski wrote: Wednesday 06 Feb 2019, 15:15 And the last thing to check - please try our scenery with deactivated PNW and let us know if you see any difference.
Deactivating PNW had no impact on frames.

I also re-ran the installer unticking "Include Static Aircraft" and "Include Airport Details" and received the same results.

Thanks for your prompt responses. This is so bizarre because I've never had a performance issue with any DD scenery.
K2rockall
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Kenneth

Post by K2rockall »

Hello,

Unfortunately I've got elevation problems with the Paine Field Airport as part of the Seattle X Airports package. Please see screen shot.

Not sure what's causing this. I use Flight Simulator X Steam Edition. Orbx Global. Orbx Pacific Northwest. I do not have Orbx Global Vector which usually creates these sorts of issues.

Hope you can help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Some of users reported that such problem was generated by UTX, but as far as I understand it's not such case.

Have you check the thread on Orbx forum reffering to the compatibility issues with PNW? Maybe it's good point to start - there was the following suggestion ftom Stanislaw some time ago:
-----
Mesh problems at KSEA/KPAE
Please check if this fixes the problem in your case:

File: 4_mesh_multiLOD4-12_FTX-PNW_WA-S_v6.bgl - change to *.off

File: cvx_FTX_PNW_water_US_N47-48_summer.BGL
Move from: FS Folder\Addon Scenery\Seattle X\Scenery
Move to: FS Folder\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW06_CVX\scenery (overwrite)
-----

As far as I remember there was also suggestion to deactivate the file: "0_cvx_PNW_KPAE_lake_excludes.BGL" from the scenery folder, which solved the elevation problems for some users.
K2rockall
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Kenneth

Post by K2rockall »

It seems to have been sorted after I moved Seattle X to the top of the Scenery.cfg order.

The scenery is incredibly slow to load. I have to keep pausing the simulator to allow the scenery to 'catch up' and i have water textures on top of mountains in the PNW scenery. Probably a problem with the Orbx PNW scenery though.
capalmas
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Claudio

Post by capalmas »

The scenery works fine but when I land to KSEA there is nota gate to park. All gates have planes parked
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Sorry, but description of your problem is not clear to me - do you mean you cannot taxi with the assistance of sim ATC? If it's not a problem, can you show your problem via screenshot? Which sim are we talking about?
bgoldsmi
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: bbriansg

Post by bgoldsmi »

I just purchase and installed Seattle Airports X for P3D V4. Installed flawlessly. After a couple of flights, KPAE is corrupted. It looks like the runway is raise up in places on what look to be grass embankments. When I land on a raised runway section, it disappears. Once down, I am rolling on the runway. Each raised section disappears as I run through it, exposing more of the runway. When I start up at KPAE on the runway, it looks like there are grass embankments either side of me, so I cannot see the rest of the airport without taxiing through them. All very weird. I could not figure out how to uninstall, so I just did a reinstall. Made not difference. KSEA is just fine. I have not visited the other airports. KPAE is my real home base, so I really need this to work. Can you provide any guidance. Thanks. Brian
bgoldsmi
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by bgoldsmi »

I forgot to mention my other add-ons: Active Sky; Ultimate Traffic Live; Chase Plane, Ultimate Terrain, UT USA Airports
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, the other users reported that UTX is generating such issue in KPAE.
I have elevation problems with KPAE. I found out, that Ultimate Terrain X is causing the problem. When "ut exclusions for default scenery" is active, I get the issue that can be seen in the screenshot below. By deactivating this scenery library entry the elevation in KPAE is ok. However, this "ut exclusion" is required by Ultimate Terrain to work properly. Is there anything, that can be done to provide compatibility of Seattle Airports X and UTX USA?

I checked the scenery library order. "ut exclusions" is at the bottom (as suggest by Ultimate Terrain) and Seattle Airports X at the top. I verified, that there is no airport flattening active (from FS Global Ultimate). As a test, I activated this for KPAE but it did not help. I don't use Vector, so this is no issue as well.
I would like to give an update on the elevation issue with Ultimate Terrain's scenery entry "ut exclusions for default scenery". I found out that I had an airport elevation correction from Pilot's AFM tool active for KPAE. After removing this entry UTX works fine with the current version of Seattle Airports X, even with the "ut exclusion" activated.
If it's not helpful, you probably need to ask here: https://www.simforums.com/forums/ultima ... rum19.html
bgoldsmi
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by bgoldsmi »

Thanks for this update. I disables al UT Scenery and KPAE is now perfect. How do I go about just removing that entry you refer to instead ? What is the "Pilot's AFM tool"? Thanks again!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

It was written by our users:
AFM is a tool from Pilot's FS Global Ultimate Next Generation to work with their mesh. Stands for Airport Flattening Mesh.
However I think that the best idea is to contact UT team to get more details how such problem should be solved in their product.
steffen.roetzer
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Steffen

Post by steffen.roetzer »

Seattle Airports X: I have just investigated the FSX KPAE Paine Field Snohomish County elevation issue (runways in "channels"). There is a elevation conflict with the FSX default mesh scenery. I could eliminate the error by deactivating file [...Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\0101\cvx1515.bgl]. Just rename it to something like cvx1515.bgl.off. Now all is looking just great. I hope this will help some other people here as well. Thank you Drzewiecki Design for this fantastic contribution to the FSX community :D
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for the report Steffen!