Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

Captain Lars
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Lars

Re: Seattle Airports X

Post by Captain Lars »

Hi,

approaching runway 16C at KSEA I noticed that the ILS (ISZI 111.7) is not there, it doesn't work. The ILS of the opposing runway 34C (ITUC 111.7) however works.

I have Orbx PNW, Vector, OLC NA and Global installed and have removed all Orbx files from the corresponding DD Seattle X airports. Checking KSEA's AFCAD with ADE reveals that all ILS beams are present in the file. Why not in the sim? :?:

I opened a topic in the Orbx forum, but apparently it has nothing to do with Orbx. There have been known compatibility issues with Taxi2Gate's version of the airport, but none with DD's. I have no airport installed there for KSEA other than the default one.

Cheers
Lars
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Hi!
All instrument approaches are present in the AFD file.

Maybe duplicated AFCADs or conflict with other addon?

Is DD scenery on the top of library?

What sim are you using? Maybe I'm wrong but KSEA didn't have a center runway in the simulator's default scenery, but only two runways, left and right. So there might be a conflict somwhere here but it's only my presumption.
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
Captain Lars
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Captain Lars »

Maybe duplicated AFCADs or conflict with other addon?
No. The ILS is absent, no matter if Orbx PNW is active or not.
Is DD scenery on the top of library?
Yes.
What sim are you using?
P3D v4.4
Maybe I'm wrong but KSEA didn't have a center runway in the simulator's default scenery, but only two runways, left and right. So there might be a conflict somwhere here but it's only my presumption.
The default KSEA one has only two runways, but 16C is one of them. They are labelled 16L and 16C, judging by an inspection with ADE.
Captain Lars
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Captain Lars »

I guess your quietness on this matter means that you don't have a solution either. :?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Lars, what can I say you more - I showed you that ILS 16C is the part of our scenery.

In order to prove it to you, below you may see the screenshot from my sim (sorry for a poor quality) showing the approach via ILS to rwy 16C, which is working without any problems.

hostingi zdjęć

It has to be something very specific to your config / sim / addons. You wrote that you tried our scenery with inactive ORBX FTX PNW, but somewhere I read that in case of the T2G scenery some users had the similar problem and it was related to the compatibility issues with ORBX FTX PNW. Some compatibility issues probably may be solved via this thread: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/105 ... ity-guide/
One user solved the problem after doing the step 8 mentioned there. Maybe you may try it again - otherwise I cannot find any good reason why ILS 16C is not working in your case.
mole_man99
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Graeme

Post by mole_man99 »

For UTX USA users with elevation issues at KPAE, rather than deactivate UTX or the whole of the 'exclusions for default scenery' folder, you can deactivate just two files inside that folder. Keeping the main UTX 'exclusions' folder active in scenery library will prevent issues in other parts of the USA.

This is for P3Dv4, but I expect install location is same in FSX

To disable the two files, navigate to

main sim folder/scenery/UtExcl/scenery

Locate the two files
HPU1514U.BGL
int1514U.BGL

Rename from .bgl to .off, or remove them to a backup location.

Restart sim and you should not have the runway trenches at KPAE.

I do not have ORBX in the area, so not sure if that also creates issue to be solved.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Huge thanks Graeme for your support!
mole_man99
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Graeme

Post by mole_man99 »

Welcome.

The level of detail at KPAE is insane.

I disabled static aircraft at first, but there is so little AI traffic using the airport that I re-enabled, and understood what it is about. Weird mix of livery and bare metal waiting for final test flights.

Pretty location too.

You should make your dreamlifter model AI-able. Be great to see it shuttling about with a simple flightplan.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for your kind words.
achonyeo
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by achonyeo »

Good day, thank you for the great products. I am having an issue with KSEA, the gates show but not the airport.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Have you tried to reinstall the scenery with admin rights - if not, please try it.

It's also possible that for this scenery you have double entries in the Scenery Library (probably one will be greyed-out and one available to remove) - there should be only one, so please check this.
King24
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: RueKing

Post by King24 »

Just purchased Seattle airports when i try to download it tells me setup can not create the following folder \addon scenery\Seattle X\Documents. Can someone please help. THX
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi! Honestly speaking I need some more clarification, because from your post it's not easy to determine where the problem is.
King24 wrote: Monday 01 Apr 2019, 21:19 when i try to download it tells me setup
I understand that you downloaded our installer and started the setup, right? From which store have you downloaded it?
King24 wrote: Monday 01 Apr 2019, 21:19 setup can not create the following folder \addon scenery\Seattle X\Documents
Can you show this error via screenshot? (you may use this to show it: https://imgbb.com)

What is the path for this installation process?

Have you started our installer with admin rights?

In which sim are you trying to install our scenery?
Wise87
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Wise87 »

Is there a step by step process for installing Seattle Airports and Seattle City. After reading 37 pages of elevation issues it's almost seems pointless for me to trying and reinstall my scenery and city. I have Orbx installed but I don't use PNW. Just looking for a straight forward guide if I'm using both Seattle products and Orbx North America LC and Vectors.
phdok
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: phdok

Post by phdok »

I yesterday installed SA X. Very good fps at night and during the day, about 40 fps with graphics rather high. Only at DUSK framerate drops to about 10 fps, no matter the graphic sliders to low. Strange.
I5-9600K RTX 2080 16 GB DDR4