Seattle Airports X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Seattle Airports X

Post by Martin_Starski »

Ok, for FSX SE the path should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery\Seattle X\Scenery

Frankly speaking I cannot check your screenshots, because they look really small. Howeveer blurries are mainly caused by too high FSX settings, poor PC specs (blurry textures may result from your computer's CPU not being able to process ground textures fast enough) or some tweaks in fsx.cfg. You may try to rename your fsx.cfg file and let the sim build a new one and see what your textures look like.
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
st1322
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by st1322 »

Hi guys,

I did not find a particular topic here on what are your recommendations when P3D gets updated to newer version. I’m planning to update client and content this time. Client is no problem, but content might be, however I do not know that. I have some of your sceneries. I think Baku is using some of default textures (and two other as well, can’t remember, I’m not in my pc).

The question is, is there any particular guide as to your sceneries? What to do once content is updated? Or perhaps I should consider uninstalling and installing back after?

T.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

We don't have any guideline. Generally there shouldn't be a problem. Of course each P3D update may have consequences that we are not able to fully predict. As far as I know the update of content overwrites files in folders: effects, simobjects, sounds and textures, and can affect to the standard files and thus maybe in some specific situations there will be necessary no less than reinstall of the scenery. What is important - Content Update can have a special impact on the scenes that do not use the recommended installation process through Add-on.xml. Our sceneries do not change the original simulator files as well as use the recommended installation process. That means that our files are untouched in Documents/Prepar3Dv4, so in the theory there shouldn't be a problem, but - you know - in the case of P3D theory is not always in line with the practice :roll:
st1322
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by st1322 »

Thanks for feedback.
Woogey
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Woogey »

Hello Stan,

For P3d4 what version are we up to for Seattle City and Airports? I am currently at version 1.2 on my system. I went to simmarket to download the latest, and then realized that I had not purchased, only using the Dev branch that you supplied me with.

Thanks, Preston
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, you may always find the info about the latest version near each topic's name: http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=23

In case of both Seattle Airports and City the latest version is v1.3
tbird8034
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: steve

Post by tbird8034 »

Hi Martin - Is it possible to delete specific objects at KSEA? I'm trying to get frame rates around 20 - I'm down around 8 whenever KSEA is on screen. I can't figure out what is killing the FRs when all the rest of Seattle aprts. and city are fine. Thanks . Steve
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

tbird8034 wrote: Monday 28 Jan 2019, 21:42 what is killing the FRs
It's hard to say - I don't know your specs, maybe there is some old files for other KSEA from the past - really hard to say.

But have you tried to reinstall the scenery with unmarked "include airport details" and "include static aircrafts"? Our installer allow you to choose such options for each airport during the installation process and you may always reconfigure each airport by running the installer again. You may also try Lite Texture Pack, which should give you a better performance too. Besides - if you don't use any other airports in Seattle, you may not install it or install it without any details to have it in the sim as an alternate airport only.

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Lighting, shadows, reflections, autogen, overheating, mess in the scenery folder, other sceneries installed, no city package installed... There may be plenty of reasons for low framerates. We would need more information regarding your specific setup.
AeroMaster
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: AeroMaster

Post by AeroMaster »

Hello,

I just bought the product, and the airports look lovely! While taxing out of KSEA however, I noticed a typo on the Alaska hangar. The texture has printed "MAINTANCE" instead of the expected "MAINTENANCE". A minor detail, but was wondering if this would be updated to have the correct spelling in the future
alaska_maintenance.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks a lot for pointing this out - we will take into account this change during the next update.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

The person who did it was just fired. 8) Just kidding. Thanks for the report!
jc2231
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by jc2231 »

I just installed Seattle Airports X and City X and both are just beautiful. Great work!

I'm experiencing a massive performance hit at KSEA. When flying around Seattle City performance is buttery smooth (between 70-80 fps with the default helicopter), however flying or taxing near KSEA the frames drop to the low teens (12-15 fps with the same default helicopter). I previously had Taxi2Gate's KSEA installed but uninstalled it prior to installing DD's sceneries. Are there any T2G files lingering that I need to remove? Has anyone else experience this? I'm also using Orbx PNW.

For comparisons sake, I also have Washington X, NYC X, NYC X Airports, EPWA City and EPWA and have not experienced performance hits in these areas.

Thanks,
James
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

As far as I remember, there was some kind of compatibility issue with reference to KSEA and there were some modifications indicated by ORBX to run it smoothly. Nevertheless I'm not sure if it can such massive impact to the performance. You may also try to check if there are any old T2G files in your sim. Finally you may try to untick some features in KSEA via our installer. Otherwise there must be something specific for your sim because Seattle has many time been described with very good performance by many customers.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I would say that T2G’s version might still be installed. With our scenery you shoukd get the sameor better performance than in the T2G’s version. I would suggest to try to uninstall our product and check what has been left. There should be a defaut scenery only.