Seattle Airports X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Seattle Airports X

Post by Martin_Starski »

All jetways are being operated by SODE, so yes - it's necessary to have it. Have you ever used it for any other addons? According to my experience you shouldn't be afraid of re-installing SODE - it should not change any files referring to the payware addons. You may find the latest version here: https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=9

After installation process it's required to register / activate SODE via SODE Platform Manager utility - is it done? There is also a tool that allows you to check if there is no problem with simconnect.

The next thing is if you installed both our products with admin rights? If not, please reinstall them again, because our installer has to install some files to C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE and due to some limitations might not be able to do it.

Do you have the respective Drzewiecki Design files in C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\sdx and C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects ?
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
paul123
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: pauly

Post by paul123 »

Yes, I indeed have those files. I do remember installing SODE under the download process. SODE does not show up inside P3D uner addons. I saw your instructions to inmstall the scenery under Admin but whenI installed Seattle and Seattle Airports it never gave me an option to install it under ADMIN rights.

So what now? Do I uninstall your scenery? and try to download it again? or jsu instal it again and hope it overwrites the original files?

Where is SODE activation manager? it is a file? an icon? or on P3D?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

To install something with admin rights it's necessary to click the installer by right mouse button and choose "Run with administrative rights". I suggest reinstall our sceneries in this mode.

Under the link, which I mentioned about in my previous post, there is a SODE user guide which explains everything. However you may find SODEPlatformManager here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE

You may also generate the SODE log there which should show what is missing and check if the simconnect is correct.
Cowhorns32
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Mark

Post by Cowhorns32 »

Dear Sir,

Updated to Prepar3d 4.4 and wanted to update my Seattle Airports X to 1.3 but see that SimMarket download is still only for 1.1. I didn't realize this when I re-installed the 1.1 thinking it was the update. While I reinstalled 1.1 I forgot to remove KSEA installation since I use Taxi2Gate KSEA. To fix the problem I deleted the SeattleX folder manually and reinstalled Seattle X city and airport (1.1).

Of course now I don't have any scenery for KPAE and problems with other airports. My question is how do I get Seattle Airports X 1.3 and did I really screw something up by deleting the Seattle X folder in the Addons folder in P3D4? My Add-on directory still seems to have the correct link to the folder. Thanks in advance for your help.

Mark

Mark R. Holmes
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Simmarket was provided with the last version of both Seattle products and they should be available to download on your Simmarket account. If not, you need to contact Simmarket directly according to our statement: http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/view ... ?f=3&t=422

There shouldn't be any problems after deleting the folder from Addons folder - please simply reinstall our scenery with admin rights and with non-active antivir software.
tbird8034
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: steve

KRNT elevation error

Post by tbird8034 »

At KRNT all the paved surfaces were about 10' above the unpaved surfaces. I tried Wise87's suggestion and removed the file "0_cvx_PNW_KPAE_lake_excludes.BGL" from the ...........Seattle x / scenery folder and this solved the elevation error. Also, the the other 4 Seattle Airport's elevations remained correct. Thanks Wise87...............Steve
AirbusTC
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Markus

Post by AirbusTC »

Dear Drzewiecki Design,

today I have installed version 1.3 of the Seattle airports. Since I use AI traffic I disabled static aircraft during installation. However checking KPAE, KSEA and KBFI afterward, I could see that all shadows of the static aircraft were still in place. This was most noticeable at KPAE. No static aircraft visible, just their shadows on the texture. Is there any way I could fix this?

Thanks!
Markus
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hello Markus, if you see the shadows without statics, it may be possible that there are more elements missing. The installer itself definitely works fine. Maybe a redownload of the installer may fix this. Please also try running it with admin rights. If it doesn't help, please put the screenshot here - maybe it would give us a clue.
AirbusTC
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by AirbusTC »

Hi Martin,
thank you for your fast response, highly appreciated!

I did download the installer again, installed again with admin rights, no change. I'll attach some shots, I think the airports look complete otherwise?
Maybe the installer didn't like the options I chose? De-selected all static aircraft AND the interior of KPAE :-)

(stand by for the pics, your size limit is rather strict, won't accept 300KB :shock: )
AirbusTC
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by AirbusTC »

As you can see, plenty of shadows left on the texture.

tbird8034
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: steve

Post by tbird8034 »

Seattle Airports X is a wonderfully accurate portrayal of the real life airports. However, one detail I'd like to change is the fact that at these airports, most of the time, traffic lands to the south (see Flight Tracker). Could you point me to the ADE ? files so I can change the traffic patterns? Thanks much...........Steve
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

AirbusTC wrote: Sunday 30 Dec 2018, 18:41 As you can see, plenty of shadows left on the texture.
Hi. For some reason files are not overwritten correctly which is quite strange. Selected features should not interfere with each other. Please confirm that you use version v1.3 of Seattle Airports.
tbird8034 wrote: Monday 31 Dec 2018, 05:19 traffic lands to the south
Hi. I guess that depends on the wind direction mostly. Try setting the sounthern wind.
AirbusTC
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by AirbusTC »

I can confirm I use the v1.3 installer downloaded from SimMarket.
The issue occurred on the first installation already, where there was nothing there to overwrite. I've never had static aircraft installed. Deselected them since the first installation attempt.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Please let me check this in my test environment again.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Ok guys, we will have to make a little modification of the installer, but it can be done in case of the next update. However in the meantime you may de-activate / remove the file KPAE_StaSha.bgl which should remove the static shadows.