Seattle Airports X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

Arabian_CEO
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Re: Seattle Airports X

Post by Arabian_CEO »

Thanks for the reply! I do not have FTX Vector installed on my computer. :)
Jorgen
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Jorgen »

I have P3D v. 4.2 also, and KRTN looks fine on my system. I take it that you can fly fine out of KSEA and KBFI, so we have some issues on both our systems.

I wonder if v. 1.1 of the scenery might fix this.... I am finally through all my AI, and it was not an AI issue that caused my CTDs.

Jorgen
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Jorgen wrote: Monday 12 Mar 2018, 08:00 I wonder if v. 1.1 of the scenery might fix this
We would be happy to do this however it is really hard to fix something which occurs for an undefined reason... Especially that you seem to be the only one reporting this issue, which might suggest of a very limited number of customers affected. Of course this does not mean that problems of those customers are less important because they are a minority, but this may mean that these problems are related to specific configuration on their setups. Unfortunately this makes troubleshooting the problem nearly impossible. Since you are making manual inputs into the p3d.cfg and you have a third-party AI traffic collection and the issue occurs only when AI is active, I am afraid it actually does make it impossible for us to diagnoze the reason for the CTD, at least I myself have no idea how that can possibly be fixed... The only thing that connects a scenery to an AI traffic is AFD, so, if it is indeed something related to our product, it is inside those AFD files and removing those as a test might produce some results, although they are developed just as all other AFD files we do, there is nothing special about them.
Jorgen
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Jorgen »

I completely understand the issues involved in diagnosing a problem like this, coming from a tech support background (both hardware and software) myself. It can be next to impossible.

My system is like this: Asus Z170-A motherboard with the latest BIOS, Intel i7-7700K at 4.2 GHz (the native rate - no overclocking), 16 GB of 2133 MHz DDR3 RAM, nVidia GTX 960 graphics card with the latest drivers from nVidia. Running Windows 10 Home Single-language, updated with all updates.

Jorgen
artg1960
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by artg1960 »

Great Scenery, but have a question, I have New York sceneries and Washington Sceneries and have had no issues with them at all so when I got the chance to purchase Seattle X I did (yesterday as a matter of fact). Had no issue installing, no issue with airfield elevation issues, so the only question I had is with how to fix the problem with no static aircraft where there should static aircraft, The shadows are there, but no aircraft. I went back into the installer setup and mad sure everything that should be check is checked, so I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction.
I added a photo that I hope you can see
2018-3-13_11-20-16-25.jpg
Thanks,
Art Gurdo Jr
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
It seems that there are more elements missing - f/e cars on the other side of the road (there are only shadows).
Actually it does seem that the product was installed without Airport Details and Static Aircraft... The installer itself definitely works fine. Maybe a redownload of the installer may fix this in case something got corrupt during download but this would probably introduce more visual bugs. You make also try running it with admin rights.
Jorgen
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Jorgen »

Stanislaw,

I am VERY pleased to report that my issues with KSEA and KBFI are resolved. The problem apparently was with the driver for my nVidia GTX 960 graphics card, because when I updated to the new driver that was available this morning, everything was working OK.

Thanks -

Jorgen
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Ok, thanks for the info!
macwino
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by macwino »

I am concerned that my installation of Seattle Airports X v1.05 is defective. I had Seattle City X installed and it appears in my Scenery Library in P3D v4.2. I then installed Seattle Airports X v1.05. It installed in the same folder as Seattle City X, which I believe to be correct. But when I launch P3D, I get no message to add Seattle Airports X to the sim. Also, none of the Seattle X airports are listed in my Scenery Library, individually or as a Seattle Airports X group. Furthermore, after running Orbx AEC, only KPAE is disabled and the other 3 Seattle X airports aren’t listed as Enabled or Disabled. I am running Orbx PNW and Vector and Taxi2Gate KSEA. Is there something wrong with my installation and, if so, how do I fix it? I tried reinstalling Seattle Airports X, but nothing changed from what I've described above.

Thanks, Robert
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Everything from what you've written sounds correct.
macwino wrote: Monday 02 Apr 2018, 02:25 It installed in the same folder as Seattle City X, which I believe to be correct.
Yes, this is done for performance-related reasons and texture sharing
macwino wrote: Monday 02 Apr 2018, 02:25 But when I launch P3D, I get no message to add Seattle Airports X to the sim.
This is because you have already added the City package and they share the same folder. P3D has no way to know which one is installed.
macwino wrote: Monday 02 Apr 2018, 02:25 none of the Seattle X airports are listed in my Scenery Library, individually or as a Seattle Airports X group
This is also correct, because only one folder is added to the Scenery Library. For individual settings please refer directly to the installer, which acts also as a config tool for our product.
macwino wrote: Monday 02 Apr 2018, 02:25 only KPAE is disabled and the other 3 Seattle X airports aren’t listed as Enabled or Disabled.
I guess AEC was simply not provided by ORBX for those airports.
macwino
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by macwino »

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying this.

Robert
helberger
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by helberger »

Hi,

Just purchased Seattle X Airports form SimMarket, the download file was 2,534,750 GB and it was an application file ready for install and
not a zip file. I would just like to verify that this is OK. It seems to have installed fine and looks very good.

Thanks
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Yes, that was changed in v1.05 to make the download and install easier.
Best regards
Stanislaw
helberger
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by helberger »

Thanks for your reply and a great product.
dcmair
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by dcmair »

This is the closest I could find to "Find Post". I have been sent a bad disc "DRZ-425A" Says either unkown format or corrupt. DR-1 written on the disk. Seattle Airports X. Where do we go from here?