Seattle Airports X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

King24
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: RueKing

Re: Seattle Airports X

Post by King24 »

Martin_Starski wrote: Saturday 06 Apr 2019, 09:16 But can you confirm that both "AppPath" and "SetupPath" keys includes the correct path to the folder where Prepar3D.exe is? Can you show how both entries / paths look like via screenshot here?
yes I can confirm.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

King24 wrote: Saturday 06 Apr 2019, 15:39 What do I have to do for team viewer??
You should install Teamviewer in your PC (www.teamviewer.com/pl) and share the generated access data to me or Stanislaw (via email or any other contact form). Do you have a time tomorrow?
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
rsmith6621a
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by rsmith6621a »

Do you have them in this terminal only? Do you use GSX2? (maybe they are created by this addon)

Yes I have GSX2 installed.
King24
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by King24 »

Martin_Starski wrote: Saturday 06 Apr 2019, 19:11
King24 wrote: Saturday 06 Apr 2019, 15:39 What do I have to do for team viewer??
You should install Teamviewer in your PC (www.teamviewer.com/pl) and share the generated access data to me or Stanislaw (via email or any other contact form). Do you have a time tomorrow?
Yes I have time. What is the email addresses.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Your P3D is installed in the D:\ location? How is that possible? I am online right now for about an hour.

Regarding the jetways - the second set is definitely from that addon. Have you used Cartayna for the config files? http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index. ... 008.0.html
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

RueKing, I am looking forward to that full path to your P3D.
rsmith6621a
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by rsmith6621a »

Stan.

So those darn GATES..... They belonged to Taxi2Gates KSEA. Once I removed the files out of SODE the gates disappeared.

Thanks
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Oh, OK, thanks a lot for the info!
AeroMaster
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: AeroMaster

Post by AeroMaster »

Hi folks! Seattle is my home airport, so I always enjoy flying out of DD's KSEA! That being said, I found some other nit details that may be added to the backlog of the next build of Seattle Airports X (I know you guys are working hard on Chicago Airports X, so again this is low pri).

1. Exterior of N Gates (and also S Gates)
The Port of Seattle renderings of the new terminal reveal the N and S satellite terminals after renovation. I understand that this scenery was developed well before the final terminal was built, so I wanted to add an update based on the rendering, and the potential final product. The gate numberings for the N and S gates have the concourse letter, with a 0-based number. However, in the "official" terminal rendering, the single-digit gate numbers do not have a 0-prefix to them. For example, Gate "==N09==" in DD's design should actually just read "==N9==", and repeat this convention through N1.

This would also have to be applied to the S satellite as well. S09 should actually be S9, S08 should be S8, and so on.
KSEA_NGates_0Base.JPG
KSEA_NGates_NoBase.JPG
2. Taxiway Typo
The street marking "YELD" should actually be the world "YIELD" for ground cars
yield.jpg
3. Wrong taxiway sign for Runway 34R?
When taxiing to runway 34R, I see the sign [34L | R] on the right side, and [R | 34L] on the left alignment. Shouldn't these signs actually list the taxiway (Bravo) in black, and the proper runway (34R)
Expected(?): [B | 34R], Actual: [R | 34L]

Not sure if any addon scenery packages would conflict with the placement of these objects, but wanted to throw these out there in case they haven't been caught before.

Cheers!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Noticed! Thank you very much for all hints.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

AeroMaster, thanks for the great report! We will try to fix that asap.
King24
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by King24 »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Tuesday 09 Apr 2019, 07:40 RueKing, I am looking forward to that full path to your P3D.

I cant understand the language on that page and I dont feel comfortable sharing my screen. Is there another way??
AeroMaster
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by AeroMaster »

@King24 - Just to verify your P3D path is correct, can you open a PowerShell window and run:

Code: Select all

Test-Path D:\Prepar3D.exe
That should return True. If it doesn't, then your P3D path is incorrect, and you will need to update it in the registry.

At the step before you get the error, does the installer show the right path? From the error you sent, it's trying to write to \{Subfolder}, but there's no drive letter showing. Don't know if it's just a logging bug, or if there's an edge case where if P3D is installed at the root of a drive, the installer has a text-parsing issue with that file path, and then is attempting to write to a location that doesn't exist.

Here's another idea, what if you manually create the two subfolders "Seattle X" and "Documents" inside your Addon Scenery folder? Does the setup work and extract files there?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

AeroMaster - thanks a lot for all your suggestions and help in this case.

King24 - as you see we are trying to help you to solve the problem, which seems to be a very non-standard situation relating to your PC only (no-one reported the same problem so far). We even checked our installer again and even if the key is wrong or missing, the installer should ask you to choose the P3D folder manually. If you don't want to check it via TeamViewer, it limits us to help you.

Again please let us know:

- in which location do you have the file prepar3d.exe (please send the full path)
- what is the exact path in "AppPath" and "SetupPath" keys (please send the full path)
Press Windows+R, enter "regedit" and press Enter. Now navigate to the proper directory, which for P3Dv4 is:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 - key name is "SetupPath"
or
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 - key name is "SetupPath"
or
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 - key name is "AppPath"
Check the key value. It should point to where your P3Dv4 is installed
- and finally you may try to remove all paths from keys and check if our installer asks you to manually choose the folder where prepar3d.exe. is located;
AeroMaster
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by AeroMaster »

Following up about my bug report regarding the 34R taxiway sign, I flew out of SeaTac IRL this evening. Sorry for the potato quality photo, but I can confirm it should be [ 34R | B ] for the sign on the right-most taxiway path leading to 34R

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar4lSjcxKYbLj8w7U6kDk3h9YbfV4w