Chicago City X

Latest version: v1.3 (2020)

Raller
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Raller

Re: Chicago City X

Post by Raller »

OK, after a little testing it seems to be a general ORBX Meigs problem.

I turned off UTX and Chicago X and only left ORBX Meigs active and there are still these water stains on the airport wall and also flickering on the runway...
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I would try to reinstall Meigs with the FTX Central tool.
Raller
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Raller »

Did that allready. No change. I'll try to get some info from the orbx forum.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

OK. Try to:
1. Remove the Meigs Field folder (FS\ORBX\NA .... KCGX Meigs)
2. Run the tool
3. Run our City installer again.
Raller
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Raller »

What helped was that I additionally set the file "ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KCGX\Scenery\Orbx_KCGX_mesh_10m.bgl" to OFF.

Now the water stains on the wall are gone and there are no other visible drawbacks by now.
Raller
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Raller »

Is it possible to get some moving car-traffic in the Chicago City area like in NY City X, Seattle City X or Washington City X ?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Wednesday 05 Jun 2019, 02:38 There is no exclude for the car traffic and I do confirm that we have car traffic in the downtown (not custom but default works fine). Can it be that you have some other addons affecting the area?
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
Raller
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Raller »

The default p3d car traffic is only be seen on the major highways, but there is no traffic within the city downtown area.
vonshep
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: VonShep

Post by vonshep »

Hi. I'm experiencing a couple of different issues with P3D v4. I have Orbx Base, Vector, LC, and HD Trees installed along with Meigs Field. You'll see in the first screenshot that Meigs looks fine, but the Chicago downtown is completely gone! (Maybe aliens wiped it out.) I'm able to fix it by disabling Meigs Field, but I was hoping to get both working. Plus if I disable Meigs, the underlying island is a solid shape of grass (instead of looking the way it should).

The second issue are the buildings all around Chicago -- none of them have roofs. It appears as though I'm looking at what is "inside" the building, as if the roofs are either not there or transparent.

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Our product should be placed above ORBX and the ORBX-compatibility option has to be selected during install.
Those AGN buildings look just fine. Their look depends on what ANG you have installed, default settings are used for those.
vonshep
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by vonshep »

It's higher in priority. Not that I could change it if I wanted to in P3D, because all of it is greyed out. Besides, all of the autogen shows up -- just no roofs. If you take a closer look, you'll see that there is an indentation on the top of each building. It's as if the roof was removed, and you were looking at the top floor with the walls, but no ceiling. This is with Autogen at Very Dense. (I don't know what you mean by ANG.) I also took a Top Down picture of Chicago, so that you can see the area affected with all the missing buildings.

Now, I have tried this with FSX Steam, and everything works just as it should. There are even roofs on the buildings. So my assumption is that it has something to do with P3D v4, but I don't know what. I'd like to get it working there, because it performs much better on my system.

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

My presumption is that in your case ORBX is not installed in a default location in main P3D folder and thus our installer was not able to make the respective compatibility changes. And this can be a difference between the final installation process between P3D and FSX Steam. Is it possible?
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
vonshep
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by vonshep »

Here's a picture of the "scenery manager" in P3D. Meigs is actually higher than Chicago City X, which is probably the cause. The problem is that they are greyed out, and I can't move them. I haven't been able to find a solution to it online other than "it's the most requested feature".

It still doesn't explain the roofs. In addition to FSX Steam, I also have a regular boxed copy of FSX Gold installed, and it doesn't show roofs either. No Orbx is installed on that one.

vonshep
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by vonshep »

Yes, Orbx is not in the default location. I had to install it on another partition, because there wouldn't be enough room on the default drive. (I have a dual boot W7 and W10 machine. P3D is on W10. FSX Steam is on W7)
vonshep
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by vonshep »

When installing Chicago City X, it couldn't find the Meigs folder. I had to point the installer there. It wouldn't continue until I pointed it to the correct folder. I assumed it would work, but maybe it's not meant to work this way? Do I have to uninstall everything short of P3D and reinstall it?