Chicago City X

Latest version: v1.3 (2020)

vonshep
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: VonShep

Re: Chicago City X

Post by vonshep »

Ok, I managed to get Downtown to show up. I deactivated it in the Add-On Manager, and then I manually added it in the Scenery Library. That placed it under Chicago City X. The only problem now are the roofs. Not all of them are missing. I believe it is one particular texture that all of these small autogen buildings share in common - a white top with a little detail on it (based on what I see in FSX Steam). I can't even imagine what it could be, and why the same thing is happening on my FSX Gold. The only connection FSX Gold and P3D share in common is that they are both installed on my Windows 10 partition. FSX Steam is on Windows 7. I seriously doubt the OS has anything to do with it, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

And the problem isn't with Orbx. FSX Steam has Orbx, and it plays fine with Chicago City X. FSX Gold does not have Orbx, and the same roofs/ceilings are missing just like P3D. This is just bizarre. Sorry for the multiple posts, but I didn't see an edit function on them.
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by trisho0 »

From FSX I have a terrain elevation from FSDT KORD as per screenshot here. Installed DD Chicago City X appears that elevation and if I deactivate DD the elevation is resolved. How to fix it?
FSX KORD terrain issue.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi! As I need to make it more clear to me - you have Chicago City X and KORD by FSDT, right? Which versions of both sceneries have you installed?

Are we talking about FSX or FSX Steam?

How are they placed in the Scenery library?
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by trisho0 »

Hello Martin, DD Chicago City X version 1.1 with FSDREAMTEAM - CHICAGO O'HARE INTL V2 (2011) both installed in FSX SP2 and I tested both scenery at different priority position listed in FSX Library. Thanks for trying to help me on this. The elevation on terrain is rare not flat as it should.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, our city package includes mesh and that's the only one thing which may be in conflict with KORD by FSDT. You may try to deactivate the file CHI_SRTM.bgl and see the results.

Frankly speaking the general rule is that the developer, whose scenery covers the smaller area, is responsible to adapt it to the scenery covering the higher area. Sometimes it's even impossible to do this in the opposite way, so maybe it's worth asking FSDT to check this. On the other hand we can still suggest you buying our Chicago Airports X package, which is also compatible with FSX and should fit perfectly with the city package 8)
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by trisho0 »

I have both DD Chicago Airports X and also Chicago City X. Installed FSDT Chicago in FSX and also in P3Dv4 same PC.
DD Chicago City X is fine with FSDT in P3Dv4. The elevation issues is with FSDT Chicago from FSX sim.
I can install DD Chicago Airports X in FSX but will give duplicate jetways in FSDT Chicago for P3Dv4.
Normally, a node line is added in SODE xml files to resolve jetways duplicates when FSX and P3D sims are sharing the same SODE.
You know there is a line can be added in xml file for every Gate.
Developers add <TargetSim ID="FSX"/> and also <TargetSim ID="P3Dv4"/> for their sceneries. I also add those nodes accordingly for xml files whichever is needed.
DD installs SDX files instead of XML. I can't add nodes in SDX. Then, I can't use 2 different developer scenery with DD.
DD should have an update for all SDX files to include nodes so no jetways will be duplicates or issued.
How can you help me about?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

trisho0 wrote: Wednesday 04 Sep 2019, 00:30 DD Chicago City X is fine with FSDT in P3Dv4. The elevation issues is with FSDT Chicago from FSX sim.
Hi. Isn't FSDT's Chicago for P3Dv4.4 only?

Please confirm - when you install our Airport package with particular airports deselected (like KORD) jetways are still installed? The installer has been programmed to remove the jetways for inactive airports indeed.
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by trisho0 »

When I install DD Airport with KORD deselected there is no DD KORD jetways at all which is correct.
I have FSDT KORD in FSX and also in P3Dv4.
I want to install DD KORD only for FSX but SDX file doesn't allow me to add SODE nodes lines as well detailed in SODE Support site, then I have duplicates of jetways in P3D FSDT KORD. If I have an XML file with the specific node line per Gate then it will resolve the jetways problems.

How to insert SODE node lines in SDX files as with XML files?

So for right now I can't use DD KORD for FSX as you know ...
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

OK, I get it. I am afraid if you wish to install 2 combinations of sceneries for each sim in case of our products it would be required to manually activate and deactivate SDX files each time. The reason for that is probably that we haven't predicted anyone would install different sceneries for different platforms... And those SDX files cannot be edited in a way XML can. I guess the easiest solution would be to use the same scenery set for each sim.
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by trisho0 »

I know about manually activate and deactivate SDX files each time and that is not the way to follow.
I have several scenery same ICAO but from different Developers and from SODE xml files can be edited adding a node line as you know and it resolves duplicate of jetways.
I have now 4 DD scenery purchased for storage not usable in my system for the exactly the same reason. I hope eventually you can update SDX files. Thank you
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by trisho0 »

Martin, I tried to deactivate the file CHI_SRTM.bgl from DD Chicago City X scenery and it resolved the elevation in question from FSDT KORD. Thanks so much! Sadly I have to keep DD Chicago Airports X KORD not installed because of jetways issues.
Okupton1
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Okupton1 »

Is there anyway to improve night lighting? The ground textures seem a bit dark for me at night and ORBX lights don’t populate in Chicago like they do in the rest of the world.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, which sim are we talking about?
Can you please put the screenshot here to show how it looks like in your sim?
Many of such issues depend on individual sim settings, and for example in P3Dv4 you can set almost everything regarding HDR display.
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by trisho0 »

I was always talking about FSX Sp2 sim. I posted a screenshot when just started my question.
Is it possible to create xml files instead of SDX?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

This is not possible I am afraid, we use SDX files only.